Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

If Pies can get 13 and 29 for Noble and a F1, I'd be keeping those picks.

A) Not sure Houston is worth it. 28 a few rounds into next season.
B) Sabotage Carlton, who would then struggle to bring in Houston, so he probably ends up at North.
C) Deep draft, those picks are very decent.

So is this the general vibe of the situation right now:

Houston Preference:

1: Carlton
2: Collingwood
3: North/Port

Port Compensation Preference:
1: North

Blanket over Carlton/Collingwood

Ability to get the deal done:

1: North
2: Collingwood
3: Carlton

If Pies can get 13 and 29 for Noble and a F1, I'd be keeping those picks.

A) Not sure Houston is worth it. 28 a few rounds into next season.
B) Sabotage Carlton, who would then struggle to bring in Houston, so he probably ends up at North.
C) Deep draft, those picks are very decent.
Surely the trade is either

Noble > 29 or
Noble, F1 > 13

I'm not sure why GC would just throw pick 29 in.

He won't play for north and Carlton aren't serious.
Can't see him going anywhere but the pies
Are the Pies serious though? Because 13 + 23 for Noble + F2 isn't happening if I'm Gold Coast. Even 13 for Noble + F2 isn't happening if I'm Gold Coast.

Surely the trade is either

Noble > 29 or
Noble, F1 > 13

I'm not sure why GC would just throw pick 29 in.
41 maybe but not 29 (with 13 for Noble, F1)

I would assume he doesn't start until next year. It would probably take him a week to chat to everyone to get up to date with what's going on and it would interrupt others during this important part of the year.

I believe he starts next week. But the suggestion that he'd have any sort of involvement in the Houston trade is ludicrous.

Channel 10 just announced that the Blues are out of the Houston deal. So its now down to the Pies who Port hate and the Roos who can give Port a better deal and Houston more money than the Pies...which way will it end :think: ..l'm think Houston stays at Port or goes to North..;)

Channel 10 just announced that the Blues are out of the Houston deal. So its now down to the Pies who Port hate and the Roos who can give Port a better deal and Houston more money than the Pies...which way will it end :think: ..l'm think Houston stays at Port or goes to North..;)
It was always the way.

For a moment or two I thought GC might be crazy enough to give the Pies what they need to get the deal over the line.

But then I realised that even then, it would make no sense for Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s not what they said.

But what do North give up for Houston ?

It was always the way.

For a moment or two I thought GC might be crazy enough to give the Pies what they need to get the deal over the line.

But then I realised that even then, it would make no sense for Port.
pies will still try but l cant see GC giving them #13 and #23 for whatever they get offered by the Pies..

pies will still try but l cant see GC giving them #13 and #23 for whatever they get offered by the Pies..

Maybe if the Tigers get 10&11 for Bolton and the Pies get 13 for Noble the Tigers could swap 11 for 13 and a F2 from the Pies. That could be enough for the Pies to get Houston.

Pies have the motivation to do the deal today but not enough capital to force it. We're the acceptable alternative with 2 nice players ( not great, but really nice) and mediocre picks, padded out by the F1 GC can use.

Port and GC are waitiing to see if better offers emerge, but could agree and be more or less happy.

If Carlton were serious it would be theres. You have to be prepared to pay the price.

If Houston wanted North it'd be done already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back