Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

The weirdest part is that since day 1 of the Rioli to the Suns rumours starting the narrative in the media has been a consensus agreement that pick 6 will be in the deal. This in absolutely bonkers, outside of our man Kaneo hammering the Suns I feel like they have been let off the hook massively here.
SUNS let off the hook? To most of the AFL media the SUNS are just doing their job. Feeding a high draft pick out to a Victorian side.

Notice how the only person hammering them is the most prominent Non-Victorian member of the AFL media.

The only way we’d trade 23 is if we are getting Luko for F1 straight up. Which honestly I could see happening. So we overpay for Noble/Houston but get slight overs for Luko.

GC
Out: 13, 23, Luko
In: 36, Pies F1, Port F1, Noble

Port
Out: Houston, F1
In: 13, 23, Luko, Richards

Coll
Out: 36, F1, Noble, Richards
In: Houston
You think Houston is worth all of Noble, Richards a F1 and Pick 36? Haha pass me the pipe!

Maybe, but Collingwood are the front runners now in line for Houstons signature.

If Carlton offered their pick 12 up at the start, deal would have been done by now. Instead the unknown wunderkid draft pick 12 who hasn’t played a game yet is a better option it seems.
There’s always been a question mark on bringing Houston in at the cost of improving our list balance.

Do we need another HBF - it wasn’t listed as a major need.

Leppitsch is jumping at this one - hope he doesn’t sell what’s left of the farm.

Episode 5 Wind GIF by The Simpsons

Care to elaborate ? There’s a contract in front of him at Collingwood.

Sure. Trade value and contract value are two completely separate concepts.

Whether or not he has a contract offer at Collingwood isn't relevant. He's out of contract and Port could walk him through to the draft if they wanted.

There’s always been a question mark on bringing Houston in at the cost of improving our list balance.

Leppitsch is jumping at this one - hope he doesn’t sell what’s left of the farm.

Our farm is going alright, as is your farm admittedly.

We just do things differently.

Sure that’s not a GIF of Carlton’s last 3 decades ?

Plenty of premiership players at Collingwood my friend, how many at Carlton?

I think we know what we are doing 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether or not he has a contract offer at Collingwood isn't relevant. He's out of contract and Port could walk him through to the draft if they wanted.
You really think a 9 game player would risk going to the draft over just accepting his contract offer at Collingwood?

Good one.

He (Richards) is happy to stay at pies and sign new deal by all reports, if he is not traded

Port want him though, judging by their 3 year contract.

SUNS let off the hook? To most of the AFL media the SUNS are just doing their job. Feeding a high draft pick out to a Victorian side.

Notice how the only person hammering them is the most prominent Non-Victorian member of the AFL media.
Off the hook? We get slammed for existing by a lot, especially this time of year.

Last year we got smashed for drafting 4 good talents through pick swaps and the academy to the point we broke the system and forced the AFL to fix it, this year we might overpay for a player and are getting smashed again.

I wouldn't say we get overlooked in that regard.

You really think a 9 game player would risk going to the draft over just accepting his contract offer at Collingwood?

Good one.

I really think trade value and contract value are two very different concepts.

Not sure why you're going on a tangent.

He's out of contract and wants to get to Port. He'll likely get there and the contract offered by either club won't make a difference to the trade itself.

I have no doubt they want him. That's not the issue.

You think Houston is worth all of Noble, Richards a F1 and Pick 36? Haha pass me the pipe!
Noble and Richards aren't worth much. Both worth about pick 35. So pick 35+pick 35+pick 36+pick ~12. That for an AA player 27 yr old is a bargain

He (Richards) is happy to stay at pies and sign new deal by all reports, if he is not traded

A 3 year contract these days is pretty base level for most players.

Especially when you need a player to move interstate, that’s going to throw an additional year into a contract offer most likely.

The 3 year contract does nothing to change his worth past about 40.

He’s a mid aged, out of contract 9 game player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back