Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure that’s not a GIF of Carlton’s last 3 decades ?

Plenty of premiership players at Collingwood my friend, how many at Carlton?

I think we know what we are doing 😉
Time will tell I suppose.

We have approximately 370 premiership players you can choose from ;).

I’m worried about Collingwood!

The list profile cliff in front of you is a biggie. Tassie coming up 😳.

Half the farm went on Schultzy (gasp!), now the other half on Houston… (cough!)

linda blair horror movie GIF by absurdnoise

So what's going on with Houston...

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think he’ll stay.

Pies and Carlton never came to the table with any form of a decent deal and I expect he won’t want to go to North.

The fact he still hasn’t come out and publicly stated I want to be traded to (insert team), says to me he’s more than happy to land back at Port if a reasonable deal isn’t made. Which is looking unlikely IMO.

Noble and Richards aren't worth much. Both worth about pick 35. So pick 35+pick 35+pick 36+pick ~12. That for an AA player 27 yr old is a bargain
Yet 2 clubs want Noble and Richards. Pies, then Suns plus port respectively

I know bashing pies and their players is easy on bigfooty, but I think noble and Richards are better than anyone you could pick in mid 30s. Even better than mid 20s picks imo. Both are proven to be good afl players. Richards has only play minimally due to injuries in his 2 years in the afl.

Pies would like to keep both, but getting Houston is a no brainer.

Yet 2 clubs want Noble and Richards. Pies, then Suns plus port respectively

I know bashing pies and their players is easy on bigfooty, but I think noble and Richards are better than anyone you could pick in mid 30s. Even better than mid 20s picks imo. Both are proven to be good afl players. Richards has only play minimally due to injuries in his 2 years in the afl.

Pies would like to keep both, but getting Houston is a no brainer.
Playing minimal games due to injuries isn’t a massive selling point.

A 3 year contract these days is pretty base level for most players.

Especially when you need a player to move interstate, that’s going to throw an additional year into a contract offer most likely.

The 3 year contract does nothing to change his worth past about 40.

He’s a mid aged, out of contract 9 game player.
Take it up with your club, who obviously want him.

I really think trade value and contract value are two very different concepts.

Not sure why you're going on a tangent.

He's out of contract and wants to get to Port. He'll likely get there and the contract offered by either club won't make a difference to the trade itself.

I have no doubt they want him. That's not the issue.
You mentioned walking him to the draft, not me. There’s the tangent.

Collingwood have offered a contract and so have Port, he wants to go to Port but has said he is still happy to stay at Collingwood, hence a 3 year contract offered for reported decent money obviously shows Port rate him, so yeah if they rate him then it ups his trade value to us. Fairly simple really.

Noble and Richards aren't worth much. Both worth about pick 35. So pick 35+pick 35+pick 36+pick ~12. That for an AA player 27 yr old is a bargain
Yeah but obviously contracts mean a lot to people in this thread and Noble is contracted.

Collingwood don’t want to lose either Noble or Richards and have publicly stated this, cough up or they can stay.

No, but his current club wants to keep him and your club want to recruit him. He is a good player. Trust me. You won't be disappointed if you get him, but I understand the angst with losing Houston
I don’t doubt that he will be a solid player for us. I just don’t think that jeopardising the Richards trade is a big enough issue to warrant taking unders for Houston. And no matter what it ends up as, Collingwoods offer is going to be unders.

A 3 year contract these days is pretty base level for most players.

Especially when you need a player to move interstate, that’s going to throw an additional year into a contract offer most likely.

The 3 year contract does nothing to change his worth past about 40.

He’s a mid aged, out of contract 9 game player.
Yes but he has a contract offer in front of him at Collingwood.

Richards isn’t going to the draft. We will be fairly compensated if he is traded because the kid has a lot of upside and I’m spewing personally he wants to leave.

Yes but he has a contract offer in front of him at Collingwood.

Richards isn’t going to the draft. We will be fairly compensated if he is traded because the kid has a lot of upside and I’m spewing personally he wants to leave.

Who cares if he has a contract in front of him. It’s meaningless when he’s requested to leave and is currently out of contract.

If the pies turn around and decide to table an 8 year deal to him and he still requests a trade, that doesn’t suddenly make him a top 10 pick just as an offer is on the table.

I don’t doubt that he will be a solid player for us. I just don’t think that jeopardising the Richards trade is a big enough issue to warrant taking unders for Houston. And no matter what it ends up as, Collingwoods offer is going to be unders.
And as you can see by my posts in this thread, I feel for Port, as I can put myself in your shoes from a pies perspective.

You could make him stay, but not sure that is feasible at this point. We will see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares if he has a contract in front of him. It’s meaningless when he’s requested to leave and is currently out of contract.

If the pies turn around and decide to table an 8 year deal to him and he still requests a trade, that doesn’t suddenly make him a top 10 pick just as an offer is on the table.
Yes he has requested to leave, but it has also been reported he is happy to stay if a deal doesn’t get reached.

Collingwood don’t want to lose him, same as Port don’t want to lose Houston. Yes Houston is obviously the superior player but it doesn’t mean both clubs won’t drive hard bargains.

That’s why I’m happy with Leppa, small sample size only but he seems to drive a hard bargain, for far too long Collingwood have been pushed around at the trade table.

Yeah but obviously contracts mean a lot to people in this thread and Noble is contracted.

Collingwood don’t want to lose either Noble or Richards and have publicly stated this, cough up or they can stay.
Contracts mean a lot to people in this thread and Houston is contracted

Port don't want to lose Houston and have publicly stated this, cough up or they can stay.

That's how it works hey?

And as you can see by my posts in this thread, I feel for Port, as I can put myself in your shoes from a pies perspective.

You could make him stay, but not sure that is feasible at this point. We will see.
Explain how it is not feasible?

Is multiple years left on a contract, publicly stated will stay at port if need be even if that's not what he wants and is well respected at the club.

Is Joe Richards not going back to Collingwood not feasible anymore?

Is John Noble not going back to Collingwood not feasible anymore?

Contracts mean a lot to people in this thread and Houston is contracted

Port don't want to lose Houston and have publicly stated this, cough up or they can stay.

That's how it works hey?
No issues with that at all.

It is Port's right. Whether it happens is another thing altogether.

You mentioned walking him to the draft, not me. There’s the tangent.

To demonstrate that indeed contract value and trade value are two very different concepts.

No, it wasn’t a suggestion that they’ll push him to the draft.

Collingwood have offered a contract and so have Port, he wants to go to Port but has said he is still happy to stay at Collingwood, hence a 3 year contract offered for reported decent money obviously shows Port rate him, so yeah if they rate him then it ups his trade value to us. Fairly simple really.

No, it really doesn’t.

Contract value and trade value have always been separate concepts, and I’m sorry to say that doesn’t magically change now that your beloved Pies are involved.

Port can offer him a 3 year deal and also correctly say he’s not worth a pick inside 40.

Explain how it is not feasible?

Is multiple years left on a contract, publicly stated will stay at port if need be even if that's not what he wants and is well respected at the club.

Is Joe Richards not going back to Collingwood not feasible anymore?

Is John Noble not going back to Collingwood not feasible anymore?
Feasible in the sense that has Houston checked out, and is it better for port to get a decent deal for him now? However, you have explained things.

My other posts in this thread explain everything I think about this situation.

I can see your side.

Time will tell I suppose.

We have approximately 370 premiership players you can choose from ;).

I’m worried about Collingwood!

The list profile cliff in front of you is a biggie.
Tassie coming up 😳.

Half the farm went on Schultzy (gasp!), now the other half on Houston… (cough!)

linda blair horror movie GIF by absurdnoise
Where have I heard this before?

Gold Coast should be putting their own interests first in all of this, not pandering to help other clubs.

I say North trade their pick 2 to Gold Coast for 6 and 13.

Gold Coast can then take that pick to the draft and get ahead of the Lombard bid or trade it to Richmond for Rioli and get something reasonable back in return.

Gold Coast should be putting their own interests first in all of this, not pandering to help other clubs.

I say North trade their pick 2 to Gold Coast for 6 and 13.

Gold Coast can then take that pick to the draft and get ahead of the Lombard bid or trade it to Richmond for Rioli and get something reasonable back in return.
Think it would be a great idea accept they have made some promises to players. If they did that they would be pissing off a lot of people.

Sure. Trade value and contract value are two completely separate concepts.

Whether or not he has a contract offer at Collingwood isn't relevant. He's out of contract and Port could walk him through to the draft if they wanted.
He wouldn't make it. Too many clubs would pick him up. I see us matching Port's deal if we don't get Houston. We will have the cash.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back