Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd give us a 20% chance of him staying with us...
Honestly does anyone really think he will be with us...TBH..
Tim Kelly Says He “Can’t See Himself Anywhere” Other Than Geelong Right Now.

I hope we get 2 X 1st round picks ( the higher the better ) but in fair I can't see us getting 2 X 1st top 10 picks.
Love us to get 1 X 1st round pick and Sean Darcy but that's extremely unlikely.

Despite what Kelly has said in the past, about loving life at Geelong and can’t see himself anywhere else, whilst true he was never going to say anything different.

Pretty much a certainty he will again request a trade back to WA, hopefully we can get something good for him, he’s a genuine star.

Despite what Kelly has said in the past, about loving life at Geelong and can’t see himself anywhere else, whilst true he was never going to say anything different.

Pretty much a certainty he will again request a trade back to WA, hopefully we can get something good for him, he’s a genuine star.

I'm really not sure why any Cats fan would think he'd stay? Maybe it was the fact he bought a house in Geelong. That means absolutely nothing. He requested a trade at the end of last year, his partner hates being away from home and he has yet to sign a Geelong contract for 2020 and beyond which is right in front of him. I'm joining the dots here....he is GONE.

No need to get nasty. It wasn't us who chased him. He said he wants to play for Westcoast. Can you blame him for that?

You've been chasing him ever since we drafted him.

No need to get nasty. It wasn't us who chased him. He said he wants to play for Westcoast. Can you blame him for that?
Wasn't nasty at all? You came here under a thinly veiled guise of humility and insulted our board offering pick 15 and WCE's paddy mccartin (a pick in the 70s to boot). If you're not coming with two 1st rounders, one of which is top 10, or the eqv in players, don't waste your time here.

You’ve been in his ear since day 1. Yet still won’t cough up his worth in a trade. Clearly don’t value him. Skipped him continually in the draft too

If he had a shred of pride he would tell you cokers to bugger off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have changed my mind and totally believe he’ll leave. But if all Weagles can offer is 650 he’s not going there. Probably Freo minus Hill’s and Ross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A midfield of Yeo, Shuey and Kelly
Throw in Cameron and we have a deal
I'd throw in Petrucelle. He's a speed machine. I think Cameron has a higher ceiling than Petrucelle. I'm not aware that West coast have been in the ear of TK. If anything I'd say he would've asked his manager to get in Westcoast's ear.

Wasn't nasty at all? You came here under a thinly veiled guise of humility and insulted our board offering pick 15 and WCE's paddy mccartin (a pick in the 70s to boot). If you're not coming with two 1st rounders, one of which is top 10, or the eqv in players, don't waste your time here.
BTW Waterman will be a very good player. He can play wing and third tall. He's a natural goal kicker. I don't recall him having concussion issues. I think you guys are confusing him with Dan Vennebles.

BTW Waterman will be a very good player
Kelly is worth a top 10 + additional 1st rounder at least. You're offering pick 15 + pick 70. Well unders.
Pick 15 + Allen/Brander would be getting closer, We'd probably take Pick 15 + Allen/Brander + Waterman/Petrucelle

Kelly is worth a top 10 + additional 1st rounder at least. You're offering pick 15 + pick 70. Well unders.
Pick 15 + Allen/Brander would be getting closer, We'd probably take Pick 15 + Allen/Brander + Waterman/Petrucelle
Brander is off limits. He's the Kennedy replacement. You can take one of Waterman or Petrucelle. I believe Petrucelle would compliment your inside,grunt midfielders. He's an outside receiver that has line breaking pace. Possibly the fastest player in the league. So a first round pick and Petrucelle? Anyway this is all speculation as I have no idea what Westcoast will offer.

I'd throw in Petrucelle. He's a speed machine. I think Cameron has a higher ceiling than Petrucelle. I'm not aware that West coast have been in the ear of TK. If anything I'd say he would've asked his manager to get in Westcoast's ear.

Then you have paid zero attention, or are just full of shit.
Both he, his manager, his wife and WCE themselves have said they have been...

Brander is off limits. He's the Kennedy replacement. You can take one of Waterman or Petrucelle. I believe Petrucelle would compliment your inside,grunt midfielders. He's an outside receiver that has line breaking pace. Possibly the fastest player in the league. So a first round pick and Petrucelle? Anyway this is all speculation as I have no idea what Westcoast will offer.
How exactly is a general utility player going to replace your key forward?

I rate waterman and Cameron. Waterman has shown a lot more than brander. Has looked dominant at times in the wafl. A future forward line with Ratugolea, Krueger as the talls, Waterman as 3rd tall, cameron and miers as the smalls looks good to me.

I rate waterman and Cameron. Waterman has shown a lot more than brander. Has looked dominant at times in the wafl. A future forward line with Ratugolea, Krueger as the talls, Waterman as 3rd tall, cameron and miers as the smalls looks good to me.
Waterman has been in the system longer than Brander. Talls take longer to be ready for a KPF role. Very few play that role first up. He may be used as a utility now but he can beef up to take a key forward role in the future. Even Kennedy when we recruited him from Carlton in the Judd trade didn't get to play straight away. He had to wait till Quinten Lynch had fizzled out.
Westcoast rate Brander highly. He was their first pick in the draft above Oscar Allen and Flying Ryan.

West Coast dont have the currency. Need to get creative.

They’ll need to package their first (17) + their second tied to Sydney (23) for a top 10 pick. On trade the top 10 pick + next year’s first for TK.

Brander, Waterman, Cameron, all shite.

Petruccelle worth a second and meh. No interest in their lesser places.

Kelly is A+ and will be AA, top 10 mids at the moment in his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back