Injury Dangerfield injury latest - Hamstring - updated 4pm 13/3/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I read somewhere Danger is having a run around today and they’ll see how he pulls up from it?

Just reported on 7 news that Danger will undergo a fitness test on Friday

So will be named tomorrow night in the squad.

Extended squad of 26 tomorrow night.

If he fails the fitness test miserable then they may withdraw him from the extended squad to add in someone who is fit. But I think the most likely scenario is that he is named in the starting ruck line beside Smith & Selwood, and we won't know until 2pm Sunday. Unless they want to be really difficult and go for the late late change just before the side runs out through the banner

Yeah right!
First week back -not match fit, on the big paddock-not worth the risk -plenty of very hard games to follow this one-get him right. Play a kid.
Nobody is really match fit.

I don’t. How do you know he is 100% right?
Am saying any doubt don’t risk it-long season. Look at our next 10 weeks- we will need him fully fit.
On the big ground against a fast team, a bit underdone-why chance it?

No player is ever 100% right. No player ever plays without risk. Thats just the nature of AFL.

Can these risks be managed? Sure. Even more cautiously than they currently are. But that would lead to a stage where each additional week out makes a miniscule change in readiness or may even be a hindrance.

Righto pal. That's kind of the reason why they have those games. I hope Danger plays tbh. No chance that hammy is fully right

0% chance huh? Gee I wonder why trained medical professionals haven't fallen into line with the speculative online commentary of VanDemonxx when there's literally no chance he's right to play anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Extended squad of 26 tomorrow night.

If he fails the fitness test miserable then they may withdraw him from the extended squad to add in someone who is fit. But I think the most likely scenario is that he is named in the starting ruck line beside Smith & Selwood, and we won't know until 2pm Sunday. Unless they want to be really difficult and go for the late late change just before the side runs out through the banner

This is literally a nightmare round 1 supercoach scenario, why geelong why :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

This is literally a nightmare round 1 supercoach scenario, why geelong why :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
And this is why I stopped playing fantasy AFL - since I stopped it made football fun again and I can watch matches for the enjoyment of just watching them without the stress & worry of my fantasy teams

duncs.PNG

Barring his injury riddled 2015, Duncan has improved statistically every year since his debut.

Pick him.

No player is ever 100% right. No player ever plays without risk. Thats just the nature of AFL.

Can these risks be managed? Sure. Even more cautiously than they currently are. But that would lead to a stage where each additional week out makes a miniscule change in readiness or may even be a hindrance.

0% chance huh? Gee I wonder why trained medical professionals haven't fallen into line with the speculative online commentary of VanDemonxx when there's literally no chance he's right to play anyway.
Yep certainly but as you suggest there are degrees of risk and degrees of fitness and a player can be injured at anytime- am fine with all that. But a hammy,which can set you back for a number of weeks, is not a great gamble. I expect Dangerfield to miss a couple if games this year, as you say it’s the nature of footy, but if it turns into 6 weeks-we will struggle to afford that. Have no doubt the club does a good job on fitness and there are probably many instances we have no knowledge of that they have managed really well and I accept it’s not an exact science. But we also have had a number of players who struggle to get on the park and we get stuff wrong sometimes. I see no reason to rush this as we have the luxury of it being early enough in the year-it’s not crucial he plays this game.
Apart from that-Hope he is right to play and has a blinder by the way.

Too many mids at the cats taking points from each other with GAJ there now, I think it is a bit too risky. Could be an awesome POD though if someone was gusty enough.
Trust me. ;)

And this is why I stopped playing fantasy AFL - since I stopped it made football fun again and I can watch matches for the enjoyment of just watching them without the stress & worry of my fantasy teams

Same reason I gave up the punt, was more worried about who’s in group a possessions group than the ball on the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back