Speculation Daniel Curtin [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan Curtin is one of the best talents out of WA for years.
It's known West Coast are trying hard to get him, so expect them to make a move this trade period.
Not sure where Dan's head is atm, as he got a good run at it late in the year.
He can't get any more money for the next two years regardless of what he is offered, so it will be 100% home sickness and not money that will move him.

It's known West Coast are trying hard to get him, so expect them to make a move this trade period.
They arent making a go this year because Crows basically arent trading him under any circumstance. Why would they with the extra year as standard on top 20 draftees now and having given up what they gave to get him?

They'll be calling his manager weekly though to check in for when he's out of contract

They arent making a go this year because Crows basically arent trading him under any circumstance. Why would they with the extra year as standard on top 20 draftees now and having given up what they gave to get him?

They'll be calling his manager weekly though to check in for when he's out of contract
They are trying. It's common knowledge that he was a little disgruntled this year, and he is totally allowed to ask for a trade.
WC have trade capital to try and get it done.
One thing you have to understand, is that Adelaide have never held a player to their contract if they ask for a trade. They believe they don't want someone who doesn't want to be there.
If an offer was good enough, and he said he wanted to leave, I wouldn't count it out.
We all thought North would never trade JHF.

The one thing with him staying is that most reputable player managers will tell their guys to stay for their initial years.

Do you think that his manager might be giving them different answers on when his 3 year contract ends 🤣 ?
But on a serious note, it seems like he is genuinely happy in Adelaide from what has been mentioned. I hope that stays that way for the rest of his career - an absolute super talent we are lucky to have

They are trying. It's common knowledge that he was a little disgruntled this year, and he is totally allowed to ask for a trade.
One thing you have to understand, is that Adelaide have never held a player to their contract if they ask for a trade. They believe they don't want someone who doesn't want to be there.
If an offer was good enough, and he said he wanted to leave, I wouldn't count it out.

The one thing with him staying is that most reputable player managers will tell their guys to stay for their initial years.
Never say never in AFL trades but I'll be pretty certain there is close to zero chance Adelaide trade him this year, if nothing else but to save face on the picks given up for him

It's absolutely not common knowledge that he was disgruntled, what on earth are you talking about? The player has never given any indication that he's anything other than happy.

It's absolutely not common knowledge that he was disgruntled, what on earth are you talking about? The player has never given any indication that he's anything other than happy.
Then you don't know the same people I do.
He was disgruntled. Fact. How he feeling now after his end to the season, I don't know.

Not sure where Dan's head is atm, as he got a good run at it late in the year.
He can't get any more money for the next two years regardless of what he is offered, so it will be 100% home sickness and not money that will move him.
Going nowhere this year!

Never say never in AFL trades but I'll be pretty certain there is close to zero chance Adelaide trade him this year, if nothing else but to save face on the picks given up for him
And why would they trade him when his value is lower than last year? He's a tall in his first year, naturally hasn't played that many games, may play more next year and pump up his value. It's known the Eagles tried to trade to get him alongside Harley last year, so there's interest, but I doubt the Eagles would make any move until his contract is up. They need current picks for as much young talent as they get, try to force him out for less when he's out of contract.

Common knowledge he was disgruntled this year??? I'd like to see proof of that if it's true and I'm not talking about bigfooty rumours or wannabe journalist's. Everything I've heard/read he's said has been positive about being at the Crow's.

Common knowledge he was disgruntled this year??? I'd like to see proof of that if it's true and I'm not talking about bigfooty rumours or wannabe journalist's. Everything I've heard/read he's said has been positive about being at the Crow's.
What would be good enough proof? Maybe a hidden recording of a phone call between him and his parents? Maybe a txt between him and his manager?
You know demanding proof is redundant?
It's like the GC supporters demanding proof that GC want to move on Luko. Only an official club statement using the exact words "we want to move on Luko" would be acceptable in their eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would be good enough proof? Maybe a hidden recording of a phone call between him and his parents? Maybe a txt between him and his manager?
You know demanding proof is redundant?
It's like the GC supporters demanding proof that GC want to move on Luko. Only an official club statement using the exact words "we want to move on Luko" would be acceptable in their eyes.
FWIW I have 2 Crows mates both of whom have close contacts at the club. One insists he was very unsettled, the other says that is BS.

Kid might just be homesick and Adelaide well may be willing to listen to offers. However, he finished the year well and with another pre-season and settling in as a best 22 his mind could shift (if it was ever wavering in the first place)
We sadly went through similar with Cerra, he played some really good footy but he never wanted to stay in Perth. If Curtin really wants to leave I'm sure Adelaide will get the trade return they require.

That's not correct. Adelaide held Elliott Himmelberg to his contract just last season. I'm sure there are also plenty of cases a trade request from a contract player was nipped in the bud so it never became public knowledge (Patrick Dangerfield for example).

FWIW I have 2 Crows mates both of whom have close contacts at the club. One insists he was very unsettled, the other says that is BS.
There is always going to be different perspectives of a players situation. I have no doubt a heap of people were saying that Trac was totally happy at Melbourne and it was bullshit that he wasn't.

freo will be looking to bring the boy back home once his contracts up to complete the holy triumvirate of trades 3 years running…
Bolten this year the chad end of next and finally curtin the year after

freo will be looking to bring the boy back home once his contracts up to complete the holy triumvirate of trades 3 years running…
Bolten this year the chad end of next and finally curtin the year after
Consider Dan Curtin the reverse Pavlich scenario...you guys will spend his career trying to get him back and he will be a crows club legend by the end of it all (I hope)

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Daniel Curtin [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back