Speculation Daniel Curtin [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

The only Mr Fix it role Curtin is playing at the moment is sitting on the left hand side of the bench so the weight is more spread evenly for the rest of his teammates who sit on it

Whether he comes or goes this year is a very small part of the issue, The guy just looks out and out miserable at this point and if the trend continues it is a IF not a WHEN situation. I dont think Adelaide fans can really sit here and pretend to be annoyed either. Nicks and co are treating him like absolute garbage.

The only Mr Fix it role Curtin is playing at the moment is sitting on the left hand side of the bench so the weight is more spread evenly for the rest of his teammates who sit on it

Whether he comes or goes this year is a very small part of the issue, The guy just looks out and out miserable at this point and if the trend continues it is a IF not a WHEN situation. I dont think Adelaide fans can really sit here and pretend to be annoyed either. Nicks and co are treating him like absolute garbage.
Pretend to be annoyed? WTF are you talking about?
We are ALL VERY PISSED OFF at our Coach for what he's doing to Curtin and actively driving him to want to leave.

We are ALL VERY PISSED OFF at our Coach for what he's doing to Curtin and actively driving him to want to leave.
I mean like booing him on his return if he did leave and the like . When Lycett left Eagles I didn’t boo, club gave him no choice but to. Curtin would be in that same situation

I mean like booing him on his return if he did leave and the like . When Lycett left Eagles I didn’t boo, club gave him no choice but to. Curtin would be in that same situation
You won't see that from crows fans who actually know anything about football.
The predominant opinion is that if we were Curtin we would leave.

Curtin is not discontent. This is a lie suggested by sack nicks fans who want any excuse to sack nicks. THey are hitchin their ride on false hope curtin and his discontent to sack him faster.

Lets call it out for what is is. Curtin is staying and nicks is staying
Nicks will be coach next year but will then be sacked, he will make the same mistakes he has done in the last few years with very strange selection and decision so won't make Finals and will be sacked.

I don't watch Crows games but what is the knock on him atm? I've seen attitude issues being raised on here but does Nick's not rate him higher or he's just not up to it yet?
There's no knock on him. Our club is just obsessed with chasing meaningless wins in our doomed season, and prioritises experience whenever possible. Curtin at least has played four games, even if they have barely amounted to one full game in terms of actual time on ground. Our other 2023 recruits haven't even been given a sniff, including fellow first-round draftee Oscar Ryan who has been carving it up all year in the SANFL and plays a role we desperately need.

I'm sure the Crows see Curtin's four little fractions of games as a favour they've afforded him in spite of his inexperience.

Curtin is not discontent. This is a lie suggested by sack nicks fans who want any excuse to sack nicks. THey are hitchin their ride on false hope curtin and his discontent to sack him faster.

Lets call it out for what is is. Curtin is staying and nicks is staying
Your club is in his ear big time.
Expect them to make a play for him. Pick 3 plus.

I don't watch Crows games but what is the knock on him atm? I've seen attitude issues being raised on here but does Nick's not rate him higher or he's just not up to it yet?
There's no knock on him. Kid is going to be a star. Nicks is coaching like he thinks we are in the premiership window rather than developing a rebuilt side.
He is coaching for wins.

Your club is in his ear big time.
Expect them to make a play for him. Pick 3 plus.
Hes not worth pick 3, we may as well just take Draper or Smillie or something in the draft who are better prospects than Curtin.

Something like 2/3(Draper)+a couple early 2nd rounders for 4 and Curtin or something

Maybe we do pick 10 we get for Barrass straight swap for Curtin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely not 3, let alone more. F1 could be involved for Sharp? Also talk of us splitting our first pick this year, could see maybe one of those and something else maybe.

Adelaide probably wouldn't accept the deal.
I doubt it too, but paying a top 3 pick is just way too much.
Really depends how much they want Draper, and if our pick can provide him.
Its not a good deal for them, but if they know Curtin isnt happy and wants out, might be easier to just cut their losses and get the elite local kid.

Surely the pick 10 is about right though

I doubt it too, but paying a top 3 pick is just way too much.
Really depends how much they want Draper, and if our pick can provide him.
Its not a good deal for them, but if they know Curtin isnt happy and wants out, might be easier to just cut their losses and get the elite local kid.

Surely the pick 10 is about right though

Crows are chasing Draper trading for pick 3.

Pick 10 doesnt get them Draper.

Yeah, id imagine the 2/3 + 2 2nds for 4 and Curtin would be preferable for them, even if it sounds a bit yuk from their perspective.
In a deep draft they might be ok with 2 2nds
Or our F1 might be tasty for Sharp. Not entirely sure how the Crows can end up with Draper AND our F1 though
2/3+WCE F1 for 4+Curtin+crows F1+27? Not the most exciting trade for us

You’ve got to give Adelaide what they used to draft him at the very least imo, if you’re going to get him out. He’s not worth any more or any less than that.
I cant see it happening unless the Crows want Draper. Whats the premium on trading up pick 4 to 2/3 to get him? Thats really something only the list managers would know as they hash something out

Thatd be the main thing affecting a possible trade imo

It is strange.

Only thing that makes sense is they want / expect gim him to go so they can land Draper.

They cant make finals so why not develop the kid with more game time? Is his endurance just not up to it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Daniel Curtin [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back