Speculation Daniel Curtin [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Curtin is not discontent. This is a lie suggested by sack nicks fans who want any excuse to sack nicks. THey are hitchin their ride on false hope curtin and his discontent to sack him faster.

Lets call it out for what is is. Curtin is staying and nicks is staying

Players love playing sub and getting subbed off do they?

If Crows fans agree he'd be frustrated after watching every week your opinion doesnt seem too balanced. Unless you know the family, do you?

Pick 3, 23 and Barnett for 4 and Curtin

Relies on Adelaide being All in on sid draper however
So pretty much 23 and Barnett for Curtin.
Not sure the Crows would bite at that.

And you’d have to be assured that Draper would slip to 3 anyway. I think he’s solidly in that mix with FOS and Smith. Perhaps Smillie.

Would be more likely to be

3 and Barass compo for 4 and Curtin. That assumes he’s traded to the Hawks for their first pick.

And you’d have to be assured that Draper would slip to 3 anyway. I think he’s solidly in that mix with FOS and Smith. Perhaps Smillie.

3 and Barass compo for 4 and Curtin. That assumes he’s traded to the Hawks for their first pick.
No Im saying that they value pick 3 over pick 4 at basically a first rounder like scenario. Similar to when North wanted to offer pick 2,18 and 19 for pick 1 from us when it came to Harley Reid over McKercher

If they want ahead that badly then maybe this is the value of the move?

Decent chance its pick 2, 23 and Barnett for Curtin and 4 being the proposed trade.
If we lose to North this week and have poor performances against Carlton and Geelong North should overtake us.

I dont think Draper would be the Tigers first choice tbh, unless you know something?
Id have thought Jagga would be 1 for you guys

Decent chance its pick 2, 23 and Barnett for Curtin and 4 being the proposed trade.
If we lose to North this week and have poor performances against Carlton and Geelong North should overtake us.

I dont think Draper would be the Tigers first choice tbh, unless you know something?
Id have thought Jagga would be 1 for you guys
That’s weighted too heavily in WCs favour. The top few in this draft ate certainly interchangeable at this stage.
Not sure throwing in Curtin for a two pick upgrade would be super palatable. But I can see why you would jump at it- that normally shows how uneven the trade is.

That’s weighted too heavily in WCs favour. The top few in this draft ate certainly interchangeable at this stage.
Not sure throwing in Curtin for a two pick upgrade would be super palatable. But I can see why you would jump at it- that normally shows how uneven the trade is.
Its not Curtin for a 2 pick upgrade, its Curtin for 23, Barnett AND a 2 pick upgrade which lands Draper, who no doubt the Crows would much prefer over the others in that area of the draft.
If the Crows want Draper theyve gotta pay for it

Its not Curtin for a 2 pick upgrade, its Curtin for 23, Barnett AND a 2 pick upgrade which lands Draper, who no doubt the Crows would much prefer over the others in that area of the draft.
Also throw in a future 1st rounder pick swap, you guys know Nicks will be sacked next year :)

I mean like booing him on his return if he did leave and the like . When Lycett left Eagles I didn’t boo, club gave him no choice but to. Curtin would be in that same situation
Curtin is contracted for the next two years.

He came in, and his lack of one on one skill made him almost unplayable.

That seems to have solved itself in the lower leagues - he's just not a natural defender but he has a stack of offensive weapons.

He'll get more and more time, and continue to grow into his body and get comfortable at senior level. I imagine he stays long-term at the Crows, and has seemed really happy around the club and with his teammates.

The Crows would be happy with Draper, Lalor or O'Sullivan.

Pick 3, 23 and Barnett for 4 and Curtin

Relies on Adelaide being All in on sid draper however

I think more likely pick 3 for Curtin and pick 27 - no Perth boys in the top end and you get the one you wanted

Having said that I think Curtin isn’t going anywhere

And Draper will be there at 4 for us

Barnett - if he were to come home would be a separate deal - maybe our Himmelberg comp if we get some, or a future 3rd

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think more likely pick 3 for Curtin and pick 27 - no Perth boys in the top end and you get the one you wanted

Barnett - if he were to come home would be a separate deal - maybe our Himmelberg comp if we get some, or a future 3rd

Not sure where this Curtin chatter is even coming from to begin with but Nicks' use of him is perplexing. Just give the bloke a full game. Not like Adelaide are playing finals.

Don't think WCE are particularly desperate for him, especially with a new list manager.

If WCE finish third, then it's likely Richmond and North take Smith & FoS respectively, with WCE probably taking Draper if he continues his form. Probably depends on how Smillie finishes the season though, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If Curtin was to request a trade home, why would west coast pay up for him? They may as well just draft a kid.

It would have to be a situation that the Crows were desperate to get Draper and that Curtin wanted to leave

I'll be honest, It would not shock me in the slightest if Dan asked for a trade - the club has treated him awfully. I do not want to lose him at all as to me he will be a tall midfielder in the Jordan Dawson mould - he could be a very very high end AFL player once he develops.

If he was to ask for a trade, then I would be asking for WCE 1st and putting in the Melbourne 2nd we have to balance it out. He is 2 years left under contract so the club can put its foot down and not trade but if WCE went for him, it would have to have their 1st in the deal. Its not his talent that is in question, its absolutely our coaching panel stiffing him. I hope we have a new coach and some new line coaches next year that will treat him vastly better.

I'll be honest, It would not shock me in the slightest if Dan asked for a trade - the club has treated him awfully. I do not want to lose him at all as to me he will be a tall midfielder in the Jordan Dawson mould - he could be a very very high end AFL player once he develops.

If he was to ask for a trade, then I would be asking for WCE 1st and putting in the Melbourne 2nd we have to balance it out. He is 2 years left under contract so the club can put its foot down and not trade but if WCE went for him, it would have to have their 1st in the deal. Its not his talent that is in question, its absolutely our coaching panel stiffing him. I hope we have a new coach and some new line coaches next year that will treat him vastly better.
We would split the pick id say in that scenario cos of the overs. If we splut pick 2 to say 6 and 10 from Gold Coast and give you pick 10 +23 for Curtin and latest 2nd rounder id suggest you live with that and move on

We would split the pick id say in that scenario cos of the overs. If we splut pick 2 to say 6 and 10 from Gold Coast and give you pick 10 +23 for Curtin and latest 2nd rounder id suggest you live with that and move on
In that scenario I suspect it would be pick 6 straight up. The club have him for 2 more years so are not under pressure to trade...yet

West Coast absolutely would not do that deal.
If we got pick 10 for Barrass from the Hawks that might be used, but pick 2/3 isnt going anywhere unless pick 4 comes back.

Would you trade pick 2/3 for a pick 8 who has done nothing in a year since being drafted + a 2nd rounder?
I dont think you would. Curtins value certainly hasnt gone up.

As ive said here before, itd only get done if Curtin wants out, and Crows want Draper to the point that theyd overpay to swap 1st rounders. Only other way its done is a pick close to 10 gets acquired by the eagles.

Pick 10 is probably close to fair value considering hes done nothing this year

In that scenario I suspect it would be pick 6 straight up. The club have him for 2 more years so are not under pressure to trade...yet
We arent that desperate. Curtin isnt any better than the kids we could just take in the draft.
We would be taking a guy who doesnt want to be there off your hands, solving a problem for you guys.

West Coast absolutely would not do that deal.
If we got pick 10 for Barrass from the Hawks that might be used, but pick 2/3 isnt going anywhere unless pick 4 comes back.

Would you trade pick 2/3 for a pick 8 who has done nothing in a year since being drafted + a 2nd rounder?
I dont think you would. Curtins value certainly hasnt gone up.

As ive said here before, itd only get done if Curtin wants out, and Crows want Draper to the point that theyd overpay to swap 1st rounders. Only other way its done is a pick close to 10 gets acquired by the eagles.

Pick 10 is probably close to fair value considering hes done nothing this year
Right now, its a sellers market for us. In a years time, a different story. I'd absolutely rather keep him and have him at the club for the next decade

Personally not a fan of 18yo draftees jumping ship after their first season, unless there's exceptional circumstances involved. Hope this rumour doesn't have much legs to it.

Having said that, reports are Crows are developing him as a KPD, despite all his best games being as a mid/HBF and he himself stating he sees himself as a mid in his draft interviews.

Unhappy with the way he's being developed maybe?
Bloke has bont-like qualities. Would be wasted in the backline imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Daniel Curtin [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back