Speculation Daniel Curtin [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 3, 23 and Barnett for 4 and Curtin

Relies on Adelaide being All in on sid draper however
Why on earth would we want Barnett, we need to upgrade our ruck stocks not downgrade them.

Last edited:
The noise is The Crows are chasing our pick. Likely because they know its on the market.

Why do you think?
What noise?
Is it the voices in your head?

I’m assuming eagles fans are wanting to trade down as they see the draft as mid heavy and very even, whereby there’s a good chance they’ll grab a player at ~pick 6 who’s as talented and fills the same role as a player at pick 2.

If that were the case (and it’s a fair call), no club would want to trade up for that exact same reason.

Yes, most crows fans are disappointed with how Curtin is being treated. But there is no way any top 10 pick, let alone a 197cm utility that is already our best midfielder at SANFL level, tanks their value so much they’re worth a 2nd rounder and average ruckman after one season.

Hard to get a gauge on him. Could be the next Jordan Dawson or the next Kyle Cheney.

We would split the pick id say in that scenario cos of the overs. If we splut pick 2 to say 6 and 10 from Gold Coast and give you pick 10 +23 for Curtin and latest 2nd rounder id suggest you live with that and move on
What the hell?

Why would the Crows do that?

You shouldn't listen so closely to BigFooty Crows posters. The club is happy with how Curtin has developed this year, and the attention he's given to flaws in his game. Curtin seems really happy and close with his teammates.

There's two years in his contract, and no one seems to want things to change.

We arent that desperate. Curtin isnt any better than the kids we could just take in the draft.
We would be taking a guy who doesnt want to be there off your hands, solving a problem for you guys.
Except he does want to be here, and is contracted to be here.

He's a lovely shy teenage kid who's developing his game. Why possibly would the Crows be looking to trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, most crows fans are disappointed with how Curtin is being treated. But there is no way any top 10 pick, let alone a 197cm utility that is already our best midfielder at SANFL level, tanks their value so much they’re worth a 2nd rounder and average ruckman after one season.

Isnt there a pick swap there as well?

Eagles pick 2 or 3 for Crows pick 4.

Gets Crows access to their preferred player.

What is the value of that upgrade?

Isnt there a pick swap there as well?

Eagles pick 2 or 3 for Crows pick 4.

Gets Crows access to their preferred player.

What is the value of that upgrade?
In my opinion, very low considering

A. There’s a good chance he’s there at our pick
B. It’s a very even draft and if Draper is off the table there’s a midfielder of arguably just as high calibre on the table.

Don’t know what mail eagles fans have to think we’re so keen on Draper that we want to move up. I reckon most crows fans would be disappointed if we gave up significant capital to grab Draper in a very even, midfield heavy draft.

I’m assuming eagles fans are wanting to trade down as they see the draft as mid heavy and very even, whereby there’s a good chance they’ll grab a player at ~pick 6 who’s as talented and fills the same role as a player at pick 2.

If that were the case (and it’s a fair call), no club would want to trade up for that exact same reason.

So you haven't heard of the local lad who is tearing it up who looks like going just before the Crows pick this draft? A mid type they desperately need racking it up in the seniors.

Now if the Eagles retained that pick Id use it on Draper as he is also a perfect type the Eagles need.

Seems like other clubs are keen to uograde.

I do like the 2nd sweet spot between live pick 5 and 11.

If it helps get Curtin for a couole of 2nds and Eagles drop a spot or two I can see the logic.

Just depends how much the Crows want Draper.

In my opinion, very low considering

A. There’s a good chance he’s there at our pick
B. It’s a very even draft and if Draper is off the table there’s a midfielder of arguably just as high calibre on the table.

Don’t know what mail eagles fans have to think we’re so keen on Draper that we want to move up. I reckon most crows fans would be disappointed if we gave up significant capital to grab Draper in a very even, midfield heavy draft.

Good reply. :thumbsu: ;)

Kenny Rogers Gambling GIF

West Coast absolutely would not do that deal.
If we got pick 10 for Barrass from the Hawks that might be used, but pick 2/3 isnt going anywhere unless pick 4 comes back.

Would you trade pick 2/3 for a pick 8 who has done nothing in a year since being drafted + a 2nd rounder?
I dont think you would. Curtins value certainly hasnt gone up.

As ive said here before, itd only get done if Curtin wants out, and Crows want Draper to the point that theyd overpay to swap 1st rounders. Only other way its done is a pick close to 10 gets acquired by the eagles.

Pick 10 is probably close to fair value considering hes done nothing this year
Lol.
The same list managers and recruiters that offered your first this year for him, are still in control at West Coast. Everyone thought your first would have been pick 1 this year, so in essence WC were happy to part with Pick 1 for him.
Their decision at the end of the year won't be based on what random supporters on BF are posting.
The Crows knocked back that pick last year as they don't rate this year's draft that much. The fact that WC offered it tells me they don't either.
As for Draper, he will be there at our first pick anyway if we want him.

Lol.
The same list managers and recruiters that offered your first this year for him, are still in control at West Coast. Everyone thought your first would have been pick 1 this year, so in essence WC were happy to part with Pick 1 for him.
Their decision at the end of the year won't be based on what random supporters on BF are posting.
The Crows knocked back that pick last year as they don't rate this year's draft that much. The fact that WC offered it tells me they don't either.
As for Draper, he will be there at our first pick anyway if we want him.

Well that's pretty much all incorrect.

The list managers have been replaced and Don Pyke is now CEO. Previously Nisbitt had alot of say.

The offer of the Eagles 2024 1st for pick 7 was never a straight swap. Other picks were needed. This was confirmed by a poster linked to the club who clarifies issues after the fact.

Fair chance Draper goes at the Eagles pick if they keep it. And even if they trade it.

Eagles won't be desperate to land Curtin and pay overs. They can just wait and keep loading up. Draft his brother next year and wait for the Tasmanian draft to trade him in.

Last edited:

No, they're not. Trust me when I say that the bubble that you live within on Big Footy (especially the Crows board) is so much more negative than the general public perception. It's an echo chamber of anxiety in there..

Ever thought maybe he isn't good enough to be getting a game?

That seems to be overlooked in this thread.
Exactly this. First year player sooking because he hasn't played much this season.

One of my pet hates. Hopefully Eagles steer clear and don't go near him on principle.

Should stay at Crows for at least three season before asking to be traded.

Exactly this. First year player sooking because he hasn't played much this season.

One of my pet hates. Hopefully Eagles steer clear and don't go near him on principle.

Should stay at Crows for at least three season before asking to be traded.

Where is he sooking? This thread is all over the place

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Daniel Curtin [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back