Speculation Daniel Curtin [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly this. First year player sooking because he hasn't played much this season.

One of my pet hates. Hopefully Eagles steer clear and don't go near him on principle.

Should stay at Crows for at least three season before asking to be traded.
I don't think he's sooked at all. Not sure where you're getting that from.

Yes, most crows fans are disappointed with how Curtin is being treated. But there is no way any top 10 pick, let alone a 197cm utility that is already our best midfielder at SANFL level, tanks their value so much they’re worth a 2nd rounder and average ruckman after one season.
Fischer McCasey says Hi

In my opinion, very low considering

A. There’s a good chance he’s there at our pick
B. It’s a very even draft and if Draper is off the table there’s a midfielder of arguably just as high calibre on the table.

Don’t know what mail eagles fans have to think we’re so keen on Draper that we want to move up. I reckon most crows fans would be disappointed if we gave up significant capital to grab Draper in a very even, midfield heavy draft.
Its shaping up that at pick 4, one of FOS, Smillie, Draper or Lalor will be there..all seem to be very good

No, they're not. Trust me when I say that the bubble that you live within on Big Footy (especially the Crows board) is so much more negative than the general public perception. It's an echo chamber of anxiety in there..
There's cause for disappointment when the bloke plays six quarters of football across four games. Demand for Curtin to be playing AFL (which I'm personally indifferent to, I just want him out of the sub role and perplexed why we were wasting him as a lockdown) are echoed across all social media platforms bar the Facebook groups that still laud Murphy for his intensity and leadership.

There's cause for disappointment when the bloke plays six quarters of football across four games. Demand for Curtin to be playing AFL (which I'm personally indifferent to, I just want him out of the sub role and perplexed why we were wasting him as a lockdown) are echoed across all social media platforms bar the Facebook groups that still laud Murphy for his intensity and leadership.

Why? He's a developing tall, it's amazing he's getting ANY minutes in comparison to other talls taken in the same draft.

Why? He's a developing tall, it's amazing he's getting ANY minutes in comparison to other talls taken in the same draft.
1. Spent preseason and opening months of the season in a lockdown role that doesn’t suit his strengths.
2. Not being picked over the likes of Smith and Jones despite our season being over before the bye because we want to win the next week more than anything.
3. When he’s finally picked, it’s as sub twice. To consecutively spend 20 minutes and 5 minutes on-field is bizarre. Not sure how that helps him find himself at AFL level.

Which is better for his development:
  • 4 minutes of AFL
  • Full game of SANFL
Any player should be concerned if they only play 4 minutes as a sub.

That includes a lower profile Kynan Brown from Melbourne:
  • 5 minutes of AFL
  • Dropped but late change comes in as sub for 3 minutes of AFL

• 4 minutes of AFL
  • Full game of SANFL

• 5 minutes of AFL

What is your criteria for better development? If it's purely minutes between AFL than SANFL then sure, but what's the cut off? A quarter of footy in the seniors? A half?

If you ask a player they're going to tell you that 4 mins in an elite senior environment is going to give their development so much more than simply putting minutes into their legs. Watching the rotations, leadership, strategic decisions being made on the sidelines, the crowd, everything.

There's absolutely no way he gets 4 mins again, he clearly was a sub for Crouch, and I have no doubt it would have been pre-planned that Crouch play until he was gassed, particularly with winning a possibility in that game. Can you imagine how galvanising that would have been for the entire playing group (not just the individual) if they'd won against the reigning Premiers at Kardinia?

He either plays a full game this week or he'll drop back to the SANFL, IMO

• 4 minutes of AFL
  • Full game of SANFL

• 5 minutes of AFL

pup played full vfl games at least one of those rounds as well, i think?

kid is so small at this stage, will be a good late f/s selection i hope

So you haven't heard of the local lad who is tearing it up who looks like going just before the Crows pick this draft? A mid type they desperately need racking it up in the seniors.

Now if the Eagles retained that pick Id use it on Draper as he is also a perfect type the Eagles need.

Seems like other clubs are keen to uograde.

I do like the 2nd sweet spot between live pick 5 and 11.

If it helps get Curtin for a couole of 2nds and Eagles drop a spot or two I can see the logic.

Just depends how much the Crows want Draper.
We want a great midfielder and there are multiple available.

We also want to keep Curtin.

Impossible to see how WCE could make this happen.

We want a great midfielder and there are multiple available.

We also want to keep Curtin.

Impossible to see how WCE could make this happen.

Not up to West Coast to make anything happen ATM in reference to Curtin.

It's up to the Crows if they want a top 3 rated mid perfect for their needs and a home town product with no go home factor.

Eagles have lots of options and 'irons in the fire'. And I don't see them holding and using pick 3. IMO Richmond will end up with that pick and the Eagles Freo's picks. Bolton to Freo.

Not up to West Coast to make anything happen ATM in reference to Curtin.

It's up to the Crows if they want a top 3 rated mid perfect for their needs and a home town product with no go home factor.

Eagles have lots of options and 'irons in the fire'. And I don't see them holding and using pick 3. IMO Richmond will end up with that pick and the Eagles Freo's picks. Bolton to Freo.

Why is it up to us?

We HAVE Curtin. We have a top four pick. That will get us a fantastic midfieldet, as there's at least for or five different players we'd be happy with at that pick.

You're the only one talking go home factor - it's a complete irrelevance at our end.

WCE don't seem to want Curtin and we do, so there's not much to discuss?

So you haven't heard of the local lad who is tearing it up who looks like going just before the Crows pick this draft? A mid type they desperately need racking it up in the seniors.

Now if the Eagles retained that pick Id use it on Draper as he is also a perfect type the Eagles need.

Seems like other clubs are keen to uograde.

I do like the 2nd sweet spot between live pick 5 and 11.

If it helps get Curtin for a couole of 2nds and Eagles drop a spot or two I can see the logic.

Just depends how much the Crows want Draper.

Sounds like your putting 2 + 2 and getting 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows losing curtain is a very bad look, the visual is sometimes...actually often more important than reality.

If curtain leaves, the visual it gives off is that adelaid cannot develop top talent within the first 3 years.

Crows losing curtain is a very bad look, the visual is sometimes...actually often more important than reality.

If curtain leaves, the visual it gives off is that adelaid cannot develop top talent within the first 3 years.
Well from the team line ups this week he has been named on ground (some of us speculate it was an accidental slip from nicks and he only realised too late to put him sub again😉)

3 games to go i just want him to play full games to get some confidence heading into preseason

Why is it up to us?

We HAVE Curtin. We have a top four pick. That will get us a fantastic midfieldet, as there's at least for or five different players we'd be happy with at that pick.

You're the only one talking go home factor - it's a complete irrelevance at our end.

WCE don't seem to want Curtin and we do, so there's not much to discuss?

Obviously you did understand the point.

This all depends on how much the Crows want Draper or Lukosius.

That has nothing to do with the Eagles.

If the the Crows want a Draper and Lukosius they need to trade for better picks. And trading Curtin could land Draper and Lukosius.

All of this decides if the Crows need to upgrade and get another pick.

If the the Crows want a Draper and Lukosius they need to trade for better picks. And trading Curtin could land Draper and Lukosius.

I put it to you that a player of Curtins ability, size and position is alot harder to find in the draft than a mid like Draper or a swingman like Luko.

We'd happily draft Draper if he's there at our pick, and happily draft someone else if he's not.

If Luko wants to come home - well, we have a F2 we could use. We don't need to get any pieces for him.

We'd happily draft Draper if he's there at our pick, and happily draft someone else if he's not.

If Luko wants to come home - well, we have a F2 we could use. We don't need to get any pieces for him.

F2nd for Lukosius? OK and Crows posters lol at what I post.

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

Time will tell how much the Crows want Draper and or Lukosius.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Daniel Curtin [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back