Speculation Daniel Curtin [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Stories that hold elements of logic often are. ;)

So it is totally up to the Crows just how much they want to land Draper.

I can see them trading for North's Pick 2 to land him.

North get pick 4 and take Trainor plus extras.

Top 3 ranked home grown talent doesn't come along too often.
Who knows, we might not even have a first round pick and trade it for an established player.
I'm not too concerned if we don't get Draper. There's 4 or 5 gun midfielders available this year.

Stories that hold elements of logic often are. ;)

So it is totally up to the Crows just how much they want to land Draper.

I can see them trading for North's Pick 2 to land him.

North get pick 4 and take Trainor plus extras.

Top 3 ranked home grown talent doesn't come along too often.
Draper's a good prospect but no one's losing sleep over not getting him and a trade up just won't happen. There's a big group of players we'd be happy to see come here, guys like Lalor and Langford probably have more fans on this board than Draper, who has concerns over disposal polish. You read the room wrong.

Draper's a good prospect but no one's losing sleep over not getting him and a trade up just won't happen. There's a big group of players we'd be happy to see come here, guys like Lalor and Langford probably have more fans on this board than Draper, who has concerns over disposal polish. You read the room wrong.

Time will tell won't it.

It's more polite than saying I think you dont really know and are hoping its the case. ;)

Fair gap currently between Draper and those other mids you mentioned.
Yeah, no there's not.

You're projecting. This draft has a bunch of mids who are all around the same mark. You'd have to be insane to give away draft capital to move up. No one is doing it.

It's almost as unlikely as us trading Dan Curtin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's put it this way, the hype on Draper is nothing compared to the hype on Curtin.
Why would we lose the bigger talent, to secure lesser one?

Has the Draper hype peaked? Unknown

Has the Curtin hype been proven to be false? Certainly hasn't been proven correct.

What will the Crows need to do to get Lukosius and Neale-Bullen?

Those are the factors in the mix here.

Won't be surprised which way it goes.

Has the Draper hype peaked? Unknown

Has the Curtin hype been proven to be false? Certainly hasn't been proven correct.

What will the Crows need to do to get Lukosius and Neale-Bullen?

Those are the factors in the mix here.

Won't be surprised which way it goes.
Well, West Coast viewed Curtin as the second best player in last year's draft, and by offering what most expected to be the number 1 pick this year for him, it's an admission that they rate him over this year's draft as well.

The hype on Curtin has gone any lower, and WC still love him.

If I had to pick between Draper and Curtin, it's Curtin easy. There's more Sid Draper types in each draft than Curtin types.

Well, West Coast viewed Curtin as the second best player in last year's draft, and by offering what most expected to be the number 1 pick this year for him, it's an admission that they rate him over this year's draft as well.

The hype on Curtin has gone any lower, and WC still love him.

If I had to pick between Draper and Curtin, it's Curtin easy. There's more Sid Draper types in each draft than Curtin types.

The F1st offered required Curtin pick 7 plus additional picks.

It wasn't a simple straight swap. That was confirmed for us on the Eagles board.

And the interest from the Eagles likely remains. Crows know that.

So if in the future the Crows need to generate picks for players they rate higher than Curtin potentially they make a call to see what can be done.

In the mean time Eagles keep sending him birthday cards and let him know he is always welcome back home.

Last edited:
The F1st offered required Curtin pick 7 plus additional picks.

It wasn't a simple straight swap. That was confirmed for us on the Eagles board.

And the interest from the Eagles likely remains. Crows know that.

So if in the future the Crows need to generate picks for players they rate higher than Curtin potentially they make a call to see what can be done.

In the mean time Eagles keep sending him birthday cards and let him know he is always welcome back home.
What were these additional picks? Most think it was a straight swap of F1 for pick 7.

Let's put it this way, the hype on Draper is nothing compared to the hype on Curtin.
Why would we lose the bigger talent, to secure lesser one?
Great talent sure, west coast wanted him sure, in terms of hype I do believe a decent part of it was overblown in the media in the hope West Coast would make the mistake of overvaluing the home grown talent which was never going to happen.

Great talent sure, west coast wanted him sure, in terms of hype I do believe a decent part of it was overblown in the media in the hope West Coast would make the mistake of overvaluing the home grown talent which was never going to happen.

Yep. The Vic media were desperate to publish anything that suggested the Eagles split pick 1 so a Vic team would draft Harley.

The Vics pumped up Curtin as the logical reason for the Eagles to split and miss out on Reid.

And we all know what happened next!

Thats why the deal didn't happen.

Parties couldn't agree.

So to say the Eagles offered a future 1st as a straight swap wasn't the case.
But WCE came to the crows AFTER they had secured the pick from GWS ad we had already traded out our F2 by that time. I am pretty sure it was a straight swap of the pick for Curtin for your F1 and whilst I would love to have had 2 bites at the top end of this draft, I's rather be keeping Curtin personally as he is going to be something special

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Daniel Curtin [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back