Speculation Daniel Curtin [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

But WCE came to the crows AFTER they had secured the pick from GWS ad we had already traded out our F2 by that time. I am pretty sure it was a straight swap of the pick for Curtin for your F1 and whilst I would love to have had 2 bites at the top end of this draft, I's rather be keeping Curtin personally as he is going to be something special
Don't crush their spirits. They really don't want to believe that their club offered their possible number 1 pick this year for him. By doing that it helps them think they didn't miss out on anything of value

Don't crush their spirits. They really don't want to believe that their club offered their possible number 1 pick this year for him. By doing that it helps them think they didn't miss out on anything of value
I think that’s back to front . You are filthy you lost out on pick 3/Sid Draper for a player who what was pick 7.

I think that’s back to front . You are filthy you lost out on pick 3/Sid Draper for a player who what was pick 7.
Huh? Absolutely not. I want to keep Curtin, as I think he is a better prospect than Sid Draper, infact, I would take him over anyone in this draft, the same thing WC thought.

If you draft Sid Draper, good luck with him.

Or scary option, we have Curtin and WCE DONT take Draper and we still get him🥸
Oh no, these WC posters have convinced themselves that we need Draper, and the only way we can get him is by giving up Curtin to West Coast, and I'm sure they also believe the trade should be Curtin + our first for their pick 3.
I had a little higher opinion of WC posters than what I am reading here.
Plus, I doubt any of them have actually seen Sid play, and have no idea what he is like compared to another 5 mids that we should have the choice of at our pick.

Oh no, these WC posters have convinced themselves that we need Draper, and the only way we can get him is by giving up Curtin to West Coast, and I'm sure they also believe the trade should be Curtin + our first for their pick 3.
Plus, I doubt any of them have actually seen Sid play, and have no idea what he is like compared to another 5 mids that we should have the choice of at our pick.
Not all of us agree with the vocal minority here.

We were never splitting pick 1 to get Curtin and I'm happy with Reid.
Of course I would've liked Curtin, but it wasn't to be.

Personally, those who expect the Crows to give away Curtin for a pick increase and a bag of chips are deluded.

What are you talking about? Of course we know the club offered the possible(expected even) #1 pick for Curtin and once he was off the table, they targeted Caddy.

It wasn't a straight swap though, WCE wanted something back, which is why it never eventuated.

There's a few vocal people that want Draper and think Adelaide are desperate for him. There were rumours last year that Adelaide would want to get a pick for him, hence the offer of our F1st for a pick to get Curtin. I'm presuming Adelaide appear to have valued Curtin as a better prospect than Draper, hence not willing to swap.

Draper looks the goods but is he going to get significantly better than he currently is? By that I mean similar numbers in AFL to what he's currently getting in SANFL. That'd be a very good player and worth of a top 5 but could he be a JHF/Reid/Bont style, who can break games apart on his own? I haven't watched his SANFL games, just seen the stats, which are certainly impressive.

Curtin's already demonstrated this ability both pre-draft and already had consecutive games in the SANFL where he's been Adelaide's best player. He's definitely a match-winner and already in the system.

Personally, I'd rather take a slightly bigger risk on someone who could potentially be a far better player, not that I don't think Draper couldn't be that player himself. He'd be a very good fit for WCE but so would many others.

Adelaide obviously didn't plan to drop down the ladder this year so may well end up getting Draper anyway. If not, they'll get someone comparable.

There's a few vocal people that want Draper and think Adelaide are desperate for him. There were rumours last year that Adelaide would want to get a pick for him, hence the offer of our F1st for a pick to get Curtin. I'm presuming Adelaide appear to have valued Curtin as a better prospect than Draper, hence not willing to swap.

Draper looks the goods but is he going to get significantly better than he currently is? By that I mean similar numbers in AFL to what he's currently getting in SANFL. That'd be a very good player and worth of a top 5 but could he be a JHF/Reid/Bont style, who can break games apart on his own? I haven't watched his SANFL games, just seen the stats, which are certainly impressive.

Curtin's already demonstrated this ability both pre-draft and already had consecutive games in the SANFL where he's been Adelaide's best player. He's definitely a match-winner and already in the system.

Personally, I'd rather take a slightly bigger risk on someone who could potentially be a far better player, not that I don't think Draper couldn't be that player himself. He'd be a very good fit for WCE but so would many others.

Adelaide obviously didn't plan to drop down the ladder this year so may well end up getting Draper anyway. If not, they'll get someone comparable.
great post and i think a very fair one. I am bigtime on the Curtin train and believe if he can fulfil his potential he becomes a taller jordan dawson type player and that will suit me fine. He has all the tools in his locker, just needs the AFL fitness base and games games games at that level.

I just hope we can hold him long term

Last edited:
It's more polite than saying I think you dont really know and are hoping its the case. ;)

Fair gap currently between Draper and those other mids you mentioned.

You mean like what you’re doing with you’re imaginary Draper scenario?

You mean like what you’re doing with you’re imaginary Draper scenario?

Lol. Ok sure. The Crows arent interested in the highest rated SA kid and a gun mid expected to go close to their pick.

Im imagining all that am I?

Plenty in the media imagining it as well.

Its getting hilarious reading Crows fans on here posturing that they and the club arent interested and keen on Draper. Its only been written about for over a year. And Drapers form recently has him jumping ahead of Smillie and FOS. Am I imagining that as well?

Lol. Ok sure. The Crows arent interested in the highest rated SA kid and a gun mid expected to go close to their pick.

Its getting hilarious reading Crows fans on here posturing that they and the club arent interested and keen on Draper. Its only been written about for over a year. And Drapers form recently has him jumping ahead of Smillie and FOS. Am I imagining that as well?
Look, you sound a bit desperate in this whole thread.

The Crows are really happy with a top five pick in this draft. It's the perfect spot to be, with the first six to eight picks so even.

It could be Draper we take, which will be great. But we also love Vic Country kids and there's a few of them rated just as highly.

We'll just hold our pick and take the highest rated player on our board. There's no advantage to do anything else.

Look, you sound a bit desperate in this whole thread.

The Crows are really happy with a top five pick in this draft. It's the perfect spot to be, with the first six to eight picks so even.

It could be Draper we take, which will be great. But we also love Vic Country kids and there's a few of them rated just as highly.

We'll just hold our pick and take the highest rated player on our board. There's no advantage to do anything else.
I don't know why it's so hard for him to understand why we would prefer to keep Curtin and take the best player at our pick, wether that's Draper or someone else. Would we prefer an SA kid? Sure, but not to the extent where we have to lose Curtin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twomey has Draper at pick 7.

Twomey has Draper at pick 7.
All the draft scribes are selecting different orders at the top which is great for us as it means the top players which are almost all mids are all seen as top end. If we mis Draper and end up with FOS or Lalor or Smillie, we are ending up with a top quality mid...happy days

Last edited:

Lol this is a ridiculously dumb strawman.

Literally no one has said that Adelaide wouldn’t be interested in Draper.

We just reject your premise that, in an even draft, the club rates him so far ahead of all the other mids that they would willingly trade away a contracted Curtin massively under value to get Draper.

Lol this is a ridiculously dumb strawman.

Literally no one has said that Adelaide wouldn’t be interested in Draper.

We just reject your premise that, in an even draft, the club rates him so far ahead of all the other mids that they would willingly trade away a contracted Curtin massively under value to get Draper.
And thats exactly right

/ thread

The Draper & Curtin discussion is irrelevant at Curtin is staying at the Crows regardless.

Crows would love to draft Draper with their 1st pick, but there are also plenty of other quality midfield options if we miss out.

Sit back & enjoy Curtin play up forward tonight in the absence of Tex.

The Draper & Curtin discussion is irrelevant at Curtin is staying at the Crows regardless.

Crows would love to draft Draper with their 1st pick, but there are also plenty of other quality midfield options if we miss out.

Sit back & enjoy Curtin play up forward tonight in the absence of Tex.
I'm looking forward to seeing him get a full run at it without the sub vest....You think he'll be mainly up forward mate or getting rotations through the midfield too?

I've tipped the Crows tonight and Rankine loves the bigger games from memory too. (My tip for best on)

I'm looking forward to seeing him get a full run at it without the sub vest....You think he'll be mainly up forward mate or getting rotations through the midfield too?

I've tipped the Crows tonight and Rankine loves the bigger games from memory too. (My tip for best on)
Played mostly mid last week until Walker was subbed off at 3 quarter time, then went forward

SEN WA have claimed this morning Daniel Curtin wants to return to WA already and Fremantle are already involved.

The AFL extended draftee contracts from 2 to 3 years, but it's irrelevant when all the power is with the player and they can walk out and request trades whenever they like, effectively rendering their contract terms fairly pointless.

The AFLPA is/has ruined the draft system.

We need free trading for clubs within the next decade.

If it means a massive pay rise in the CBA to compensate players, or some sort of loyalty bonus etc, so be it.
Ya think so?

Maybe he was saying 1 goal down after kicking his 1st on the way to 500+ he will kick for the crows..that picture was the celebration after his 1st goal IIRC
So he put up an Instagram post today celebrating his 1st goal from three weeks ago?

Besides he already posted the "first goal feels" gram 3 weeks ago.

He's clearly referencing the fact that his first season is completed.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Daniel Curtin [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back