Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

If battle was going to stay at saints for 50k more per year he would have re-signed in March
Maybe the offer from the saints was only $650k-$700k at the time but now that they know it probably isnt going to be a band 1 compo they up their offer to keep him or hawks offer increases to Band 1 range

Maybe the offer from the saints was only $650k-$700k at the time but now that they know it probably isnt going to be a band 1 compo they up their offer to keep him or hawks offer increases to Band 1 range
I’m sure battle will be chuffed to stay at the saints after they have offered him unders all year while dangling him to the hawks only to change their mind after they have missed finals and don’t look likely to get band 1 compo

Surely, you will keep him to help you with rebuild. You will have so many picks already.
Honestly if pick #7 is not involved i really hope he does stay another 5-6 years with the rebuild and remain a 1 club player
We need top end picks and not late picks with such an even draft from 10-30

Honestly if pick #7 is not involved i really hope he does stay another 5-6 years with the rebuild and remain a 1 club player
We need top end picks and not late picks with such an even draft from 10-30
Yeah we have 3 in top 30 already. The late picks should get us Brisbanes pick. Bolton and Baker another 3. No need to trade Rioli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saad uncontracted = Pick #8
Rioli Contracted = #7

Rioli contract 50% Paid for 3 years = Pick #15

Suns getting a Bargain picks #7 + #15 for a dan Rioli on #400k a year
Saad was 26 and the Blues overpaid, Dan will be 28 at the start of the season

We don’t need your $400k, perhaps we can give you $800k for pick 1, deal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Saad was 26 and the Bloos overpaid, Dan will be 28 at the start of the season

We don’t need your $400k, perhaps we can give you $800k for pick 1, deal?
Jeez you suns supporters have short memories.

The deal might be agreed but the Suns have plenty of picks to work with that aren't pick 5. As others have mentioned, Rioli plays a position that is much easier to draft for than a KPP or elite midfielder. There is zero incentive for the Suns to give up pick 5 for Rioli.
Yep another high draft pick should fix the suns…

The deal is already agreed in principle, no chance he’s still at the tigers next season.

That would prove my point about the suns list management then.

Yep another high draft pick should fix the suns…

No but using their picks to address list needs as a pose to needs you can address in the rookie draft would probably be an intelligent thing to do instead.

15ish (dogs pick) and 20 will have to do, it's probably unders for rioli but will get done
In what universe do you think you can get a player who has 3 years left on his contract for 'unders'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back