Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely. If the team they're going to is already contending.

Prestia went to a team that made finals 3 of the last 4 seasons.

Steven May went to a team off a prelim.

Ben Brown wasn't even remotely what tipped Melbourne over the top for their flag.

Rioli is a 27 year old half back flanker going to a club that has never played finals.

Shai Bolton to a club that has made finals once in the past 9 years.

They are not the needle movers Richmond fans so desperately want everyone to believe.

Thoughts on Bobby Hill as a "needle mover"?

Collingwood wouldn't be premiers without him.

Only cost a 2nd rounder too.

I doubt it for 2 reasons:
1/ We're probably going to target Brisbane's pick anyway, so including it in this trade takes that opportunity away.
2/ We're likely asking for 9 & 10 for Bolton. Even if it ends up 9 & 17 (or whatever) thats a lot of teens picks, instead of one closer to the pointy end.
There's always a chance of trading up for North's pick 2 or Eagles 3 or saints 7, I think North would rather not have pick 2 themselves when they can split it for a bunch of picks and fill some holes in their list. Eagles will want either Draper or Finn but if persuaded could get 9 13 & 14 to go with 12 they might be in favour of doing so. That said Tigers could do that with 6 too but they have to convince suns to do so.

Tigers Can trade for 2 or 3 and get both Jagga & Smillie.

Thoughts on Bobby Hill as a "needle mover"?

Collingwood wouldn't be premiers without him.

Only cost a 2nd rounder too.
Collingwood were 1 point away from the Grand Final when he joined.

It's, again, not remotely similar to where Gold Coast or Fremantle are.

IMO two top 10 picks. Or a top 5 and a mid first (Which ironically is not far off what some Richmond fans think Rioli is worth).

I think he’s a gun and adds a point of difference to most midfield units.
If Sun's agree to that then the AFL should send administrators in. One top 10 is overs.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You know as well as anybody thats not happening
GC have already revealed their hand by having him nominate them and no chance they just move on
After not completing it this year Rioli will stay and finish his career at Richmond

He is not a player that will nominate year upon year and "wait for his trade price to drop from #7 to #15
But i would love to see Rioli's face when Dimma says to him sorry for mucking you about son but we didnt value enough to pay a 7/8 pick over's so lets try again later ;)
He's a professional footballer who would probably understand that and if anything get angry at Richmond for being unrealistic.

He's a professional footballer who would probably understand that and if anything get angry at Richmond for being unrealistic.

Why would he get angry at Richmond when Gold Coast wont pay the price after convincing him to come
Richmond want to keep him and its totally in GC & Riloi's court to get the required deal done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy

We value you higher
So you’re going to tell him that you value him higher now as a guy coming to the end of his career than you did when he was a draft pick. I’m sure that’ll go down super well, good luck with that.

All because of Bowes and Weller, every team expects Suns to rollover on a trade.

They will rollover and also beg if they have to :thumbsu:
He is the first player since GAJ to want to go to the club that isn't in his last couple of years playing or a spud looking for a relaxing holiday at the same time.

Post 837, stated that the Tigers will just tell Rioli you value him more than pick 13, yet 13 is a higher pick that you paid for him when you picked him up as a young man, I would think he would see this is disingenuous by the Tigers considering the service he has given.

So you’re going to tell him that you value him higher now as a guy coming to the end of his career than you did when he was a draft pick. I’m sure that’ll go down super well, good luck with that.
What are you talking about !!! He was a 1st round pick #15 and has played in 3 premierships and been at the club 9 years and will win our Best & Fairest as we as having family ties. He has 5-6 years of a career left of course we rate him higher than a pick #15 today that will be 18/19 by draft night that may or may not play 100 games which Rioli will

Crazy

Post 837, stated that the Tigers will just tell Rioli you value him more than pick 13, yet 13 is a higher pick that you paid for him when you picked him up as a young man, I would think he would see this is disingenuous by the Tigers considering the service he has given.
Excited Gold GIF

I think some Richmond fans have misread the situation with Rioli and Bolton.

Rioli and Bolton both achieved great things at Tiger land and will both have a very special place in the history of the club.

But let's not kid ourselves here. Yes the club loves both players but they're not idiots. They recognize the need to regenrate and understand the situation in front of them.

They are motivated sellers just as much as Gold Coast and Fremantle are motivated buyers.

As always, fans will huff and they will puff, but the reality is neither party will walk away from either of these deals.
The buying club won't completely lowball the Tigers, and the Tigers won't be silly enough to price other clubs out of the equation.

This is not a similar situation to a Warner or a Houston or a Pickett. Let's not pretend otherwise.

What are you talking about !!! He was a 1st round pick #15 and has played in 3 premierships and been at the club 9 years and will win our Best & Fairest as we as having family ties. He has 5-6 years of a career left of course we rate him higher than a pick #15 today that will be 18/19 by draft night that may or may not play 100 games which Rioli will

Crazy
3 opinions stated as fact yet again

The facts are
He will be 28 early next year
He wants out after giving great service
He was a pick 15 but you want pick 6 nine years later
he hasn’t won the b&f

Try to state facts, you might like it for a change

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back