Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is getting out of control

The most similar trade is Saad and he was out of contract , already at his 2nd club and was adamant he was out of the bombers no matter what plus he was no where near the player he is at Carlton now ( he has improved alot imo)
Pick and they got pick #8 plus change so pick #7 for a uncontracted Rioli is not really massive

Where the overs will come is if there is salary that GC want paid and that will depend on how much
where Saad there was no salary commitment

This thread is getting out of control

The most similar trade is Saad and he was out of contract , already at his 2nd club and was adamant he was out of the bombers no matter what plus he was no where near the player he is at Carlton now ( he has improved alot imo)
Pick and they got pick #8 plus change so pick #7 for a uncontracted Rioli is not really massive

Where the overs will come is if there is salary that GC want paid and that will depend on how much
where Saad there was no salary commitment
That was years ago and not relevant. If GC are dumb enough to think of offering 6 then they deserve the consequences, 13 is overs.

By the way it wasn't 8 plus change, it was 8 + 87 for Saad + 48 + 78 so the extras actually reduced the value.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That was years ago and not relevant. If GC are dumb enough to think of offering 6 then they deserve the consequences, 13 is overs.

By the way it wasn't 8 plus change, it was 8 + 87 for Saad + 48 + 78 so the extras actually reduced the value.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app
4 years ago not 14 mate

I know the definition. So am I correct in saying the trades generously put forward by a fellow Tigers supporter are the ones you are referring to?

Honestly, I'm not sure I can think of one in recent times. I'll have a bit more of a think. Maybe there is one, maybe there isn't.

Of the trades mentioned earlier, one is completely different, one has some similarities, and the other I can't remember the exact details.

By the way, to make it absolutely clear again - in no way is this a criticism of Richmond (they're doing the right thing) and I'll reiterate that I am not suggesting you're not going to get a good return for Rioli (or Bolton), I just think it's a very unique situation.
Neale is the most similar. Contracted gun player we wanted to keep if we could but willing seller to have the capital for the Dogs star CHB and the recent Coleman medallist who we then gave to GWS for free. YEY, FREO!!!

It is also the same number of years before you play finals again.

That is of course if the AFL change the finals to a top 12.
Or it could be decades again :D
Wow you really showed that 10 year old with this nugget.

Neale is the most similar. Contracted gun player we wanted to keep if we could but willing seller to have the capital for the Dogs star CHB and the recent Coleman medallist who we then gave to GWS for free. YEY, FREO!!!
How many years left on his contract at the time?

(please)

1, but it really doesn't matter, could be 4 years and it's the same thing if Richmond are open to the trade
Well, that's the big difference, isn't it?

If you want a player with multiple years left, you need to pay extra.

One year to go? No leverage. 3 years to go? It costs more. Players have said happy to stay so there's no immediacy to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, that's the big difference, isn't it?

If you want a player with multiple years left, you need to pay extra.

One year to go? No leverage. 3 years to go? It costs more. Players have said happy to stay so there's no immediacy to it.
I don't agree, particularly in this situation. It's all disagreeing for the sake of it at this stage, unless you think it should be more than just 6?

I don't agree, particularly in this situation. It's all disagreeing for the sake of it at this stage, unless you think it should be more than just 6?
Snuffy old boy. Still stressing about tigers fleecing the Suns?

Will Ferrell Chill GIF

You don't think there's a difference between 1 year and 3 years on contract?

No difference?

I’m still interested to hear why people believe the Suns would so willingly offer up pick 6 (pick 7 after Ashcroft) when they could actually use that pick to select a highly rated prospect before the Lombard bid?

Surely even Tigers fans agree that Pick 6-7 Player, Lombard, Rioli and Noble is a better haul for GCS than without.

Particularly when IMO Pick 13 is exactly in Rioli’s range (plus they could add almost anything else eg. 2nd rounder, to get it over the line.)

Last edited:
I’m interested to hear why people believe the Suns would so willingly offer up pick 6 (pick 7 after Ashcroft) when they could actually use that pick in a highly rated prospect before the Lombard bid?

Surely even Tigers fans agree that Pick 6-7 Player, Lombard, Rioli and Noble is a better haul for GCS than without. Particularly when IMO Pick 13 is exactly in Rioli’s range.
You’re 100% correct, the Tigers fans want everything they can get understandably as I would do the same, at some point the Suns have to start saying no to getting fleeced, hopefully this is that point

I’m still interested to hear why people believe the Suns would so willingly offer up pick 6 (pick 7 after Ashcroft) when they could actually use that pick to select a highly rated prospect before the Lombard bid?

Surely even Tigers fans agree that Pick 6-7 Player, Lombard, Rioli and Noble is a better haul for GCS than without.

Particularly when IMO Pick 13 is exactly in Rioli’s range (plus they could add almost anything else eg. 2nd rounder, to get it over the line.)
Stop talking logical sense.

of course that’s the right thing to do.

Because he's contracted long term and Dimma loves him...

Pretty simple.

I can’t wrap my head around the fact that Daniel Rioli may be worth a top 10 pick, let alone 2 first rounders 😱

It's pretty simple really, they actually want Rioli. You might value him as pick 13 but he his contracted, so it's more about what are Gold Coast prepared to give up getting Richmond to agree.

The way Gold Coast's list is atm, they obviously see getting an experienced good player like Rioli higher than being able to draft another young player to their already young list when they know they will still be getting Lombard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back