Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect whatever deal is done with Richmond will include a 'no bidding on Lombard' agreement.

Be that pick 1,6,9,10,13 or whatever Richmond ends up with.

All completely unofficial of course.

I agree I don't think we would either but we might bid on Ashcroft with pick 6 if he is still there just to cost Brisbane more points.

I agree I don't think we would either but we might bid on Ashcroft with pick 6 if he is still there just to cost Brisbane more points.

If you do the deal with Brisbane (late picks/points for their 1st), I imagine Richmond will coincidentally decide Ashcroft wont be all that good either.

I also don't think he'll last until pick 6. (making pick 6 into pick 7).

If you do the deal with Brisbane (late picks/points for their 1st), I imagine Richmond will coincidentally decide Ashcroft wont be all that good either.

I also don't think he'll last until pick 6. (making pick 6 into pick 7).

There 1st is dropping in value real quick now. It could drop again after Graham gets to West Coast and we get a Band 2 compo pick.

I'd be good with that.

I'm really just looking at it as 2 different trades, done at the same time to allow both clubs to claim a 'win'.

Exact picks used would probably depend on how many list spots both clubs have available.

Not a fan of this at all, I assume youā€™re having a little bit of fun to get Richmond supporters excited.

If Richmond want pick six surely they will need to pay part of Rioliā€˜s wage already, Pic 13 has 6 to 8 clubs already scrambling to get it. Why would we give it to them for a bunch of late pics that potentially we donā€™t even need?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast is fully aware Lombardo is a top 5 pick. Everyone here just sleeping on that for some reason. With that in mind pick 6 value just isnā€™t that high . I think Eagles or Demons bid on him

Lombardo bid comes from Demons at pick 5 for sure as minimum
If a club bids on him in the top 10 they will likely get him. Meh

No chance we pass on Lombard imo
I disagree, if Richmond bid on him at pick 1 do you seriously think the Suns would matchā€¦. I donā€™t

Heā€™s been ranked About 10-13 all year from memory

I disagree, if Richmond bid on him at pick 1 do you seriously think the Suns would matchā€¦. I donā€™t

Heā€™s been ranked About 10-13 all year from memory
Gold Coast are taking Lombard no matter where he is bid
all your valuable picks will already be traded and you will match with rubbish picks

How long you been following trades maybe read up on how it works ?

Gold Coast are taking Lombard no matter where he is bid
all your valuable picks will already be traded and you will match with rubbish picks

How long you been following trades maybe read up on how it works ?

Not necessarily.

He looks to be good, and of course we'd like to have him, but he's an undersized mid (178cm), and we already have plenty (too many?) of them, so if the price was too high and we let him slide, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world from a list management perspective.

Aside from the player himself, there are 2 further considerations.

Firstly, it's good for morale (both club and academy) if we continue to pick up the local kids, so yes, there is certainly a push to take him.

At the same time, passing would send a signal to other clubs that they shouldn't bid expecting it to be matched. Sometimes they might have to take the player, so they should bid only if they're genuinely willing to take the player at that pick.

In summary, we'll match reasonable bids, but I doubt we'd go crazy and match 'anything'.

Not necessarily.

He looks to be good, and of course we'd like to have him, but he's an undersized mid (178cm), and we already have plenty (too many?) of them, so if the price was too high and we let him slide, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world from a list management perspective.

Aside from the player himself, there are 2 further considerations.

Firstly, it's good for morale (both club and academy) if we continue to pick up the local kids, so yes, there is certainly a push to take him.

At the same time, passing would send a signal to other clubs that they shouldn't bid expecting it to be matched. Sometimes they might have to take the player, so they should bid only if they're genuinely willing to take the player at that pick.

In summary, we'll match reasonable bids, but I doubt we'd go crazy and match 'anything'.
This šŸ‘†

100%

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back