Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ve got a big academy year next year with Zeke potentially being a top 3 pick and other potential 1st rounders. With the change in points 2nd rounders just aren’t as viable now, you won’t really see us trade down the draft anymore from next year.

Carlton’s F1 could be 18 but it could also be 10-13 and so we’d pick up that F2 for free. The more first rounders we can stockpile for points and also trade targets next year, the better.

You'd think you can realistically only get 1-2 at most and that's not a bad thing from next season. The new rules will be a good thing

We’ve got a big academy year next year with Zeke potentially being a top 3 pick and other potential 1st rounders. With the change in points 2nd rounders just aren’t as viable now, you won’t really see us trade down the draft anymore from next year.

Carlton’s F1 could be 18 but it could also be 10-13 and so we’d pick up that F2 for free. The more first rounders we can stockpile for points and also trade targets next year, the better.
If we play finals next year, which is big IF :), we will be able to match only 2 bids in round 1.

You obviously don't understand, how trade period works then. he is under contract for 3 more years & coming off a B&F value could not be higher at the moment.

Another reason is Suns are getting quality academy players for packets of chips, so they don't really need the high-end picks. to get their players through the door that they want ready-made players to come in & impact.

I could have won the Richmond B& F this year.

By your logic for we should have received a 1st Rounder for ANB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here, Pick 6 for Dan Rioli is already massive overs, he's a bang average player who won a BNF in a shit team, yet people want Pick 13 as well???

In what universe is he worth either of those picks?
If Gold Coast give up 6 and 13 for Rioli, they should give up the trading game altogether. It is just not for them. Stick to things you are strong at, like developing academy kids

Kane Cornes has ridiculed the trade as ridiculous, I can only hope the club is shamed into backing out
Ah yes. Notorious Richmond hater Kane Cones. He's still salty that we pissed all over his 300th game.

Fortunately Kanes antagonising opinions mean very little in the real world

He's 100% correct. Pick 6 is far too much for a bloke who's a HBF and greatest individual achievement was goal of the year, prior to Richmond's B&F this year, when the team was smashed by injuries.

Asking for more than #6 is completely taking the piss.

Hope all these deals fall apart from Richmond, would be a great laugh for a club desperate to push their players out to bring high draft picks in.

He's 100% correct. Pick 6 is far too much for a bloke who's a HBF and greatest individual achievement was goal of the year, prior to Richmond's B&F this year, when the team was smashed by injuries.

Hope all these deals fall apart from Richmond, would be a great laugh for a club desperate to push their players out to bring high draft picks in.
We aren’t pushing him out we want Rioli to stay that’s why we are playing hardball

I would've thought 3 flags comes in slightly ahead of goal of the year myself...

Pick 6 has been on the table for months, not asking for more would be not doing their job in trying to get the absolute best deal possible for the club. You don't open negotiations with your best offer. It'll be 6+ something in the end.

Ah yes. Notorious Richmond hater Kane Cones. He's still salty that we pissed all over his 300th game.

He actually praised Richmond and is ridiculing Gold Coast for not just this trade, but previous ones where they've traded poorly. Fair analysis.

Important aspect to this is Richmond would certainly be paying 1-2 mill to his salary to get pick 6.

You cant ignore that part of the equation
$2mill over 3 years? Try $600k

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back