Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

LOl Dimma / Richmond got 3 flags

Who ran the eagles into ruin ?
You'd better hope it was Hardwick.

Judging by the shoving players out the door and demanding ridiculous overs for them, it seems like Blair Hartley might have to shoulder more than just a little bit of the blame.

I don't really get why they're using pick 6 if the Lombard bid isn't going to be until after that.

But paying slight overs for a good player who wants to come to you makes sense especially if Richmond pay a bunch of his wage. More than 6 seems really silly. But 6 for Rioli with Richmond paying a bunch of his wage seems fine to me.
Pick 6 isnt slight overs though, its 2-3x his value

Fortunately Kanes antagonising opinions mean very little in the real world

The Suns should be the ones asking for something else, not Richmond

You'd better hope it was Hardwick.

Judging by the shoving players out the door and demanding ridiculous overs for them, it seems like Blair Hartley might have to shoulder more than just a little bit of the blame.
Nobody is shoving any player out the door but dont let the truth get in the way
Bolton - Contracted
Rioli - Contracted
Graham - Had a 4 year contract offer
Baker - Had a 5 year contract offer and future captaincy

Carry on

Bolton - Contracted
Rioli - Contracted

Carry on
Honest question. Do you think Richmond would prefer them out so they can start the rebuild?

I respect what Richmond did in that recent golden period, but I am also sure they are honest about where they are at presently, so they would be fine with those players leaving?

6 for Rioli is a great deal. Richmond should snap that up, but I also realise I am not a tigers fan. Not a hater either.

Bolton - Contracted
Rioli - Contracted

Can quite easily hold them to their contracts, instead they're pushing them out and the new CEO even took a parting shot at them at the B&F.

Clearly wanted out for a while, toured Port's rooms a couple of years back and that only fell through due to JHF's trade request.

Source for this?

No it's not.

Rioli's a good player. He's probably worth pick 10-15. Add on Richmond paying a bunch of his salary and pick 6 is only slight overs.

Given Gold Coast's inability to attract good mature players it makes sense for them to do it.

How GC needing anyone to take on salary is beyond me.

No it's not.

Rioli's a good player. He's probably worth pick 10-15. Add on Richmond paying a bunch of his salary and pick 6 is only slight overs.

Given Gold Coast's inability to attract good mature players it makes sense for them to do it.

How many clubs do you reckon would trade pick 6 for Rioli?

There’s 17 clubs who would not even entertain the deal were they in that position. They’d laugh at it.

Got no issues with the Tigers trying to extract the most they can, but let’s not pretend it’s anything more than that. Pick 6 is an incredible deal.

Honest question. Do you think Richmond would prefer them out so they can start the rebuild?

I respect what Richmond did in that recent golden period, but I am also sure they are honest about where they are at presently, so they would be fine with those players leaving?

6 for Rioli is a great deal. Richmond should snap that up, but I also realise I am not a tigers fan. Not a hater either.
Richmond would be happy to keep Rioli if the offer was around 15-20
But for pick #6 im sure we would rather cash in but thats really not our choice considering the trade is right
#6 is a good deal by the way

Bolton - I would 100% keep if the offer is not what we want and thats overs
4 year contract and our best player

graham who cares
bake anything under 20 is fine

Richmond would be happy to keep Rioli if the offer was around 15-20
But for pick #6 im sure we would rather cash in but thats really not our choice considering the trade is right
#6 is a good deal by the way

Bolton - I would 100% keep if the offer is not what we want and thats overs
4 year contract and our best player

graham who cares
bake anything under 20 is fine
Appreciate the reply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can quite easily hold them to their contracts, instead they're pushing them out and the new CEO even took a parting shot at them at the B&F.

Clearly wanted out for a while, toured Port's rooms a couple of years back and that only fell through due to JHF's trade request.

Source for this?
Wrong x 3

FWIW I agree Pick 6 in isolation with a simplistic view is overs.

However, once you consider,

the value of pick 6 to the team giving it up, it hold far less value as it would be eaten up in bidding no doubt
the difficulty GC have in attracting very good to elite mature players
the suns list profile
contract status of Rioli
the name Rioli and what it means to the club and fans
positional need
leadership

So the carry on is so over the top from oppo supporters, and yeah, sure, we are asking for way overs, but so we ****ing should, look at the state of us FFS

They don't. In fact Richmond need to pay someone to meet the minimum, but it gets spun the other way.
Are you suggesting we NEED to pay a player leaving to meet minimum cap?

the value of pick 6 to the team giving it up, it hold far less value as it would be eaten up in bidding no doubt
the suns list profile
contract status of Rioli
positional need
leadership

So the carry on is so over the top from oppo supporters, and yeah, sure, we are asking for way overs, but so we ****ing should, look at the state of us FFS
Lombard shouldn't go before pick 6. But I think GC will let it go fairly easily for Rioli. But they have time to wait it out for a week and a half.

the suns list profile
contract status of Rioli
positional need
leadership

Gold Coast could trade 6 + 29 to Freo for 10 + 18, offer Richmond pick 10 and it would still be a great deal for the Tigers. Freo could then give pick 6 to Richmond for Bolton, also being a great deal for Richmond. Meanwhile, The Suns and Freo still have a spare pick each that they can use or trade.

It's not all about Richmond. Clubs need to look after their own interests as well.

Are you suggesting we NEED to pay a player leaving to meet minimum cap?
I'm suggesting you have to pay 95% of the cap and have lost Martin (1.3mil?) Bolton (1mil+?) Rioli ($700-800k?) plus Graham and Baker as senior players. (Tell me if those are wrong). And the cap has increased. And Lynch's huge contract finishes next year.

This is why you are trying to kindly offer to pay for Bolton and Rioli in return for more picks. It's that or you frontload the few big contracts you have left and/or make some kids coming off rookie contracts very rich.

My point is Richmond paying salary's is also in their interest.

Gold Coast could trade 6 + 29 to Freo for 10 + 18, offer Richmond pick 10 and it would still be a great deal for the Tigers. Freo could then give pick 6 to Richmond for Bolton, also being a great deal for Richmond. Meanwhile, The Suns and Freo still have a spare pick each that they can use or trade.

It's not all about Richmond. Clubs need to look after their own interests as well.
Somebody needs to help the sun's list management team, and you may be that help. Freo have got slightly better recently.

😉

How many clubs do you reckon would trade pick 6 for Rioli?

There’s 17 clubs who would not even entertain the deal were they in that position. They’d laugh at it.

Got no issues with the Tigers trying to extract the most they can, but let’s not pretend it’s anything more than that. Pick 6 is an incredible deal.
You got pick 8 for Saad, who's half the player.

Despicable Me Lol GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back