Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Then the tigers just keep him then. Suns have already offered way overs.

Tigers would have likely accepted the offer had any other team made it but the suns.

They are just hoping the suns crack and give a little more. Suns hold firm and tigers still happily take the overs given.
If that’s how it plays out so be it
Tigers have nothing to lose by trying to get more, like I said before Richmond can also potentially chip in with his contract if it means getting more out of the GC

Rioli is worth what a team is prepared to cough up to get him
Gold Coast have pick #6 on the table with possibly more to throw in so that means Rioli IS worth what he is traded for.
That is undeniable truth !

It's massive overs but I'm all for it. Hardwick ****ed over Richmond and would love to see the GCS implode
Starting to feel the same about Dimma!

If he is going to take our best and fairest and currently contracted player, pony up.

Don’t take it half way then start low-balling with pick 6.

Then the tigers just keep him then. Suns have already offered way overs.

Tigers would have likely accepted the offer had any other team made it but the suns.

They are just hoping the suns crack and give a little more. Suns hold firm and tigers still happily take the overs given.
Yes.

Of course our best option is to have our best and fairest, contracted player, stay with us.

Unless an offer is made that is too good to be true.

But as mentioned, if Richmond cave, that’s the value, but I wouldn’t even get out of bed and come to the door for pick 6, personally.

Required player.

People around here have to remember it is literally day 3 (now day 4) of a farcial long period. What will happen is we have the opening "silly" offers both sides, they will come to a middle ground and be done.

The middle ground is probably 6 + 23 for Rioli +F3 (or f2 at most)

It just will take 3 days to get there

How could pick 6 alone not satisfy Richmond?
Tell me you don’t understand not wanting to lose a contracted player without telling me you don’t understand not wanting to lose a contracted player.

Oppo fans using Riolis BnF in a bottom team as an insult LOL, lucky its a team sport then.

Tigers fans watching the oppo supporters melt because we want waaaaay overs in a trade and might get it,

crowd lol GIF by joecappa

Oppo fans using Riolis BnF in a bottom team as an insult LOL, lucky its a team sport then.

Tigers fans watching the oppo supporters melt because we want waaaaay overs in a trade and might get it,

crowd lol GIF by joecappa

Honestly why wouldn't you try remember this was a club that gave up pick 7 for Jack Bowes! At least Rioli is good jeez! Richmond would be dead negligent if they didn't try and take GC to the cleaners that's what all the members would expect. How you recon the members would feel if the first day Richmond said "oh we are taking pick 6 that's it". They would be sending pitchforks to Punt Road! If on the last day that's all you can get so be it but not the first day. It's not hard to understand.

Honestly why wouldn't you try remember this was a club that gave up pick 7 for Jack Bowes! At least Rioli is good jeez! Richmond would be dead negligent if they didn't try and take GC to the cleaners that's what all the members would expect. How you recon the members would feel if the first day Richmond said "oh we are taking pick 6 that's it". They would be sending pitchforks to Punt Road! If on the last day that's all you can get so be it but not the first day. It's not hard to understand.
I’m seriously considering a career change into selling cars after the past few days

The amount of people who think you should take the 1st offer is crazy

What happens if Gold Coast then wake up to their senses, and withdraw the offer.

Richmond keep a guy who may not be part of their next tilt and may not even want to be there, over a top 6 kid in the country.

What happens if Gold Coast then wake up to their senses, and withdraw the offer.

Richmond keep a guy who may not be part of their next tilt and may not even want to be there, over a top 6 kid in the country.

So be it :thumbsu:

Finally an oppo supporter that gets it.

I’m seriously considering a career change into selling cars after the past few days

The amount of people who think you should take the 1st offer is crazy

I mean I half blame the AFL for this, no idea why we need a 2 week trade week or whatever it is. That said the deals will get done, probably monday next week, it's really a who cares week until then. Clubs have a weekend lunch then do the deals on monday/tuesday.

The deal will get done it will be between the two extremes although if GC want to be brainless as usual don't blame Richmond asking for the Hail Mary!

This is just a ridiculous post. They court a guy for 12 months, then suddenly think, oh no, we made a mistake.

Please atleast try FFS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally an oppo supporter that gets it.

All good mate, seriously I never get why people worry too much over the first 3-4 days of Trade Week, it's so rare a big deal is done on these days, well uness it's us who have this silly idea of taking opening offers sometimes (we have got better though)

All good mate, seriously I never get why people worry too much over the first 3-4 days of Trade Week, it's so rare a big deal is done on these days, well uness it's us who have this silly idea of taking opening offers sometimes (we have got better though)
Not to mention the AFL dont want these deals done early, what would they talk about 😂

I mean I half blame the AFL for this, no idea why we need a 2 week trade week or whatever it is. That said the deals will get done, probably monday next week, it's really a who cares week until then. Clubs have a weekend lunch then do the deals on monday/tuesday.

The deal will get done it will be between the two extremes although if GC want to be brainless as usual don't blame Richmond asking for the Hail Mary!
Absolutely, not to mention they have inflated the situation by creating “trade radio” they need to fill 10 hours a day or airtime with something trades or not

The easiest thing they can do is throw out some rage bait to get the unwashed masses to call in and do the heavy lifting for them

It is DAY THREE. GC also can't do that as frankly and I say this nicely, this is a club at the crossroads, they have to make finals, forget picks they have had enough and have done little with them. Getting A graders in helps them win games and they weren't far off finals this season.

Not to mention the AFL dont want these deals done early, what would they talk about 😂

Yes we are meant to believe there are 20 deals done in the last hour on Fox Footy lol. Call me cynical but I highly doubt that. Half of these are done a day earlier but it's for TV reasons to drag it out

Absolutely, not to mention they have inflated the situation by creating “trade radio” they need to fill 10 hours a day or airtime with something trades or not

The easiest thing they can do is throw out some rage bait to get the unwashed masses to call in and do the heavy lifting for them

You couldn't pay me enough to watch or listen to those bufoons on Trade Radio, and I'm being kind there.

This is just a ridiculous post. They court a guy for 12 months, then suddenly think, oh no, we made a mistake.

Please atleast try FFS
Well the sun's would be right if they realised they made a mistake offering 6 for rioli.

I will continue to try for you though.

Well the sun's would be right if they realised they made a mistake offering 6 for rioli.

I will continue to try for you though.

Sometimes a club has to offer slight overs to get a top liner, it happens. This is a club in a market that is volatile they have to be getting success on field, fans there are eventually not going to cop the merry go round of coming 10th to 12th on repeat. So what they offer overs. Go back and look at all those pick 6's it's hardly some great viewing...Garry Rohan, Chris Yarran, etc. You guys drafted Matt Scharenberg at 6. A draft is a magic bean ball in a lottery that's it, yeah you might luck out, you might also not. Give me Rioli who I know will get 150 games at an A grade level off the HB.

Surely we’ve moved past the ‘Richmond aren’t interested in selling’ narrative.

It’s pretty clearly false. The club and the fans are not one single entity.

If they weren’t interested in selling, they wouldn’t be selling.

Richmond aren’t kicking him out, but they see the opportunity he presents.
Richmond are interested in selling. At a price.

Watch GC give up picks 6 & 23, Dimma to leave mid year and immediately take over the reigns as Richmond's football operations boss or some other BS made up job
We're not Geelong. Dimma is not Shiteater Hocking.

How could pick 6 alone not satisfy Richmond?
It might in the end. Why are fans of clubs not even involved getting their knickers in a twist about us trying to get more?

First thing that happens is Craig Cameron loses his job. The more lasting impact is that quality players will be reluctant to request a trade to a club that has shown it'll hang them out to dry,

It is DAY THREE. GC also can't do that as frankly and I say this nicely, this is a club at the crossroads, they have to make finals, forget picks they have had enough and have done little with them. Getting A graders in helps them win games and they weren't far off finals this season.
They're not targeting any A graders though

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back