Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

They're not targeting any A graders though

Kidding if you don't think Rioli is an A Grader. Honestly he is, one of the best decision makers in the back half. Not saying he's elite but he's a solid A Grader. Is he Houston A grade probably not, but the bloke is still A GRade and will be traded as one

Everyone who has seen lists as poor as Richmond’s know that if you can get pick 6 for a HB, who will be 28 and wants to leave your club; deep down know’s that you won’t be knocking that back.
Ahh “everyone”. He is special.
Well apparently you’re late with the news. It has already been knocked back.A few days ago.
It all conjecture. Two clubs are negotiating..other clubs supporters views won’t influence the outcome.
Now mentioning what other clubs supporters feel is fair a thousand times, or ten thousand times will have zero bearing on the outcome.
One man, being Blair Hartley outnumbers all the naysayer supporters from other clubs
Do you lot actually comprehend that? :D

First thing that happens is Craig Cameron loses his job. The more lasting impact is that quality players will be reluctant to request a trade to a club that has shown it'll hang them out to dry,

This. I wish people would go back to the time where you guys traded for Dion Prestia. Don't think you'd mind me saying this, but it seemed quite a bit overs at the time, but it helped others nominate your club in the future. You take a slight hit for future benefits. If GC fail to get this done, players just won't go there, and then you have the merry the go around of coming 12th every year drafting new toys every year at high picks.

I get that Gold Coast are absolute cucks at the trade table, but there is not a universe where Rioli is worth pick 6, let alone more than pick 6.

Richmond are going to pull off the biggest heist since Fremantle got Pick 2 for Weller.
Don’t worry, you guys won’t miss out as well. We are going to pluck pick 14 from you for an uncontracted small half back flanker :)

What happens if Gold Coast then wake up to their senses, and withdraw the offer.

Richmond keep a guy who may not be part of their next tilt and may not even want to be there, over a top 6 kid in the country.

What happens if that kid was Nick Daicos? What draft picks would it take? (Plenty)
And so if Collingwood didn’t accept what they thought was unders, you want to keep a player who didn’t want to be there…yada yada? No doubt he’s a much more better player but the theory is the same.
In other words, it’s bullshit.

Ryan O’Keefe wanted to move but didn’t. Papley wanted to move but didn’t. Deals couldn’t get done to satisfy Sydney, so they stayed and played. There are probably heaps more but I couldn’t be bothered with them.

This. I wish people would go back to the time where you guys traded for Dion Prestia. Don't think you'd mind me saying this, but it seemed quite a bit overs at the time, but it helped others nominate your club in the future. You take a slight hit for future benefits. If GC fail to get this done, players just won't go there, and then you have the merry the go around of coming 12th every year drafting new toys every year at high picks.
I was one of many Tigers fans who thought it was overs at the time, but it proved to be unders. Especially when you consider we got pick 24 in the deal (with our future second - ended up 35 - going back). We then traded 24 for Caddy.

I was one of many Tigers fans who thought it was overs at the time, but it proved to be unders. Especially when you consider we got pick 24 in the deal (with our future second - ended up 35 - going back). We then traded 24 for Caddy.

Yep. Honestly you take the certainty with good players and Rioli is a very good player. Worked out a great deal for your club and that’s despite a bit of overs first up in the Prestia deal.

This deal will get done it might be Monday or Tuesday everyone needs to calm down and realise clubs have ages to get these done not a day lol

Can we please stick to the topic of house analogies.
Hopefully the Suns knock once more at the tigers door and they treat us like a Jehovah’s witness and tell us to GAGF 🤞

Then we can drop out and shop pick six and the tigers can explain to Rioli’s management why they didn’t accept a once in a lifetime offer for an aged HBF

🙏🙏🙏

I'm sure if another club destabilised a top-5, contracted player GCS player, you would be in the mood for 'fair' deals.

Get real. Your club played the big game, destabilisng an elite player from another club, you can't go small all of a sudden.

This is GCS's moment - did you want to be the big club, making audacious plays for contracted stars?

Then make the offer that is too good to refuse.

If not, shrink back down again, and enjoy another decade tinkering at the edges trying to solve the finals conundrum.
Contracted STAR???

Wasn’t he rated like number 88 in the AFL this year, I assume you think the winner of “the Voice” is a STAR

If that’s how it plays out so be it
Tigers have nothing to lose by trying to get more, like I said before Richmond can also potentially chip in with his contract if it means getting more out of the GC
They have pick 6 they can lose

Just hope if GC don’t get the deal done they aren’t coming to the wishing well in 2 years wondering why people won’t nominate them.

Good reason the deal will be done and it will be slight overs

6+23 for Rioli and a F2 or F3. Maybe swaps along the line. That’s not heinous overs just slight over the odds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m seriously considering a career change into selling cars after the past few days

The amount of people who think you should take the 1st offer is crazy
Just used the car analogy earlier today myself.

I would LOVE to buy and sell off some of the BF “elite” 😂

Lol. Better at what? Almost everyone except Richmond fans think 6 is overs for rioli.

Your warning really scares me though. What will you do?
We know it’s overs. Of course it’s overs. ffs when will oppo fans get that unless we get overs, we’re not selling. We never wanted him to leave.

That’s the point.

He’s in contract and GC have put the honeypot out, and Daniel wants some.

GC have lured him, to land the fish, they need to pay overs to get him because he has 3 years to go.

No pay, no play.

And I was one of the posters who thought, well we have pick 6 so we have to give pick 6. Of course if we had pick 9 I would have been happier to give that, but we didn't.

You have to take quality when it comes to you, and you may feel he is not worth pick 6, but that's what is in your hand, the rest is irrelevant.

We know it’s overs. Of course it’s overs. ffs when will oppo fans get that unless we get overs, we’re not selling. We never wanted him to leave.

Who is "we" - the supporters or the club?

If the club doesn't want him to leave, they wouldn't be selling. Especially not whilst under contract.

What happens if Gold Coast then wake up to their senses, and withdraw the offer.

Richmond keep a guy who may not be part of their next tilt and may not even want to be there, over a top 6 kid in the country.
I think its way more than that

List managers and in this case the coach have chased and made commitments to rioli and finally managed to convince a player like Rioli to commit to moving to a club that has always struggled to get quality players to come
Dimma is trying to implement his game style into a team thats young and its foreign to them.

GC are way to invested and will get this done
their only aim this year is to get some players into the club like Rioli , Noble , Himmelberg & Lombard and bank some picks for next year where they have potentially 3 1st round academy kids.

GC will have Ports F1 , Carl/Coll F1 & Their own so they just about have achieved their goal
#23 & #29 will go to Richmond & Collingwood and #13 will most likely get traded to which ever team gets #13

GC really have achieved everything they set out to do really

Will do a megatrade that balances all interests and indulging in my Hawks bias. Each clubs individually seem fine to me

Freo: Bolton, 26 ( give - 10, 18, 30, F3)
GC: Rioli, F3, F3 ( give - 6, 23)
Haw: Barrass, 30 ( give - F1, 33)
Rich: 6, 10, 18, 23 ( give - Rioli, Bolton, Baker, F3)
WC: Baker, F1, 33 ( give - Barass, 26)

Tigers and Eagles can swap the 18 & F1 if needed. DGB( to Richmond) and our F4( to Suns or Eagles) as steak knives to whoever wants it

Lol. Better at what? Almost everyone except Richmond fans think 6 is overs for rioli.

Your warning really scares me though. What will you do?
Yeah well Ports list manager mentioned the other day we dont want whats fair we want more than fair and in this case Richmond want alot more than Fair rightfully so , He is a Rioli

Is there a Rule that says a player must be traded for a fair deal ?
Unless its way overs we want to keep out best and fairest player

But retain our current bnf winner that we would prefer to keep

You're not kidding anyone.

Getting pick 6 for a good but not great 27 year old back flanker when you're about to go through a deep rebuild is a great deal. There's no way in the world Richmond would prefer to keep him.

Asking for more is just trying to bluff GC into doing something stupid. And to be fair given their history it's a decent ploy.

Yeah well Ports list manager mentioned the other day we dont want whats fair we want more than fair and in this case Richmond want alot more than Fair rightfully so , He is a Rioli

Is there a Rule that says a player must be traded for a fair deal ?
Unless its way overs we want to keep out best and fairest player
Fair enough, but as a Richmond fan, would you prefer to keep rioli who may or may not want to be there, and may or may not be part of your next flag, or the 6th best kid in the draft?

I also understand Richmond holding out for best possible deal. They would be negligent not to.

Who is "we" - the supporters or the club?

If the club doesn't want him to leave, they wouldn't be selling. Especially not whilst under contract.
It’s as simple as the tigers are only willing to make the deal for the right price and it’s on the Gold Coast to make that happen

The club statement from when Bolton and Rioli requested trades says as much

“Both Daniel and Shai have informed us of their requests for a trade during our end-of-season review process,” Richmond General Manager - Football Talent, Blair Hartley said.

“Whilst we are disappointed, we have been in constant dialogue with both the players and their management throughout the course of the season.

“Out of respect to both players and their wishes, at the right time - we will open conversations with their clubs of choice.

“We will listen to what the clubs have to offer and determine whether or not we believe it is a viable trade and in the best interests of the Richmond Football Club”

Right now we obviously value Rioli and what he brings to our club higher than pick 6

People can disagree all they want but who doesn’t really matter since Richmond hold all the power

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back