Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I could say the same your way. Dan Houston is one I might take above him, very much on his kicking, but Rioli's speed and precise kicking himself make such an attacking player from the back half.
The same is true for almost every gun half back flanker. It's not surprising that most of them were previously outside midfielders or forwards.
There are an awful lot of half backs who take an awful lot of uncontested mark and kick it around the back half switching play etc. They get their stats up and their named called a lot but they get a lot of cheap ball as well. Rioli played in the spoon side, that doesn't help him as well.
Which ones would those be and how are they any different to Rioli? Because the difference in contested possessions between Rioli and those named above is minuscule. I'm not sure the wooden spoon argument holds much weight either because Sheezel averaged more contested possessions than Rioli last year when he played the vast majority of the season as a half back. If anything, being in a wooden spoon side should theoretically give defenders more opportunity to win the ball, not less.

Rioli is a very good player, but it's definitely pushing it to suggest he's the best half back flank in the comp.

He has 1 best and fairest in a spoon year and 0 AAs.
I rate Rioli and Bolton as our two best players by some way. I certainly don't over-rate our list, Vlastuin isn't far behind, but other than that... nothing. Lynch obviously when playing.

Before this season I wouldn't have mentioned Rioli, but he was brilliant this year and without him we would never had gotten the ball pst the wing.

Once again, BF nuffies overrating early picks over proven players who will strengthen your team over a kid who "might" years later. It's like BF thinks every top 10 picks land every time, lol. Rinse and repeat the same shit every spring.
What have the zillion early picks done for Nth Melbourne the last 8 years?
I'd rather have the Geelong & Collingwood strategy every day of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I know who is better out of Sinclair and Rioli. Doesn’t take much to work that problem out.
If he is rated by GC's professional list managers & wanted by the club, then that is what matters. Is Sinclair on the market is he? It's irrelevant who's "better". He was targeted by GC & will fill a need for them. Proven player will hit the ground running rather than a lottery of pick 6 (8), who may make it.
GC need to play finals, they have academy players coming in, clearly they don't rate pick 6 as some BF "experts" do.

So much for the BF experts who predicted we’d only get pick 6 and that was overs.
So picks 6 and 23. For Rioli and some junk picks. Nicely done team. :D

Meanwhile opposition posters will keep slagging off on Rioli’s ability. WTf cares?

Guess what? It doesn’t matter, he belongs to the Suns now. Good luck Daniel and thanks for your contribution to our 3 Premierships.

Might need to start haggling then. I think we'll ask for 6 + 10/11 and hopefully something like 6 + 14 would get done.
Pick #3 was #12 + #14 and north are a motivated seller
#6 + #20 will be about what i would do and Blair is pretty determined but is depends how desperate he is for a 4 pick upgrade in this draft where you can throw a blanket over the first 7-8 players from reports
#11 + #14 was the going rate looking at the eagles deal

Well I know who is better out of Sinclair and Rioli. Doesn’t take much to work that problem out.

That's not the full story though is it. You're talking about trading out struggling teams arguably best and most consistent player. In his prime, contracted for a long time and has a name famous at the club aswell.

Pick #3 was #12 + #14 and north are a motivated seller
#6 + #20 will be about what i would do and Blair is pretty determined but is depends how desperate he is for a 4 pick upgrade in this draft where you can throw a blanket over the first 7-8 players from reports
#11 + #14 was the going rate looking at the eagles deal
Why do I have the feeling that you don't believe any of that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back