Player Watch Darcy Fogarty - Re-Signed to End of 2031

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with this. It signals we see him as a key pillar in that forward line for years to come and we are starting to see what he can do now he has moved to CHF. With Fog and Thilthorpe now locked in for the longer term and Welsh coming in with it all there for him if he really wants it, our forward half is looking stable and full of attacking potential.

Last edited:

He would have had a few clubs fighting to sign him as a FA. I was genuinely worried Brisbane would make him an offer to fill the spot left by Daniher, and it would have been good for both Darcy and Brisbane.

Very unlikely he would have entertained Port, but he is the perfect player they need as well.

He would have had a few clubs fighting to sign him as a FA. I was genuinely worried Brisbane would make him an offer to fill the spot left by Daniher, and it would have been good for both Darcy and Brisbane.

Very unlikely he would have entertained Port, but he is the perfect player they need as well.
Definitely agree, Port should have been offering a monster deal to Fogarty over Luko and see if he was interested given their forward line issues?

Yeah, Brisbane were a worry and would have been very enticing no doubt. re Port, the one they would bite your arm off for is Thilthorpe - they have nothing like him they can play forward and he would be a monster for them....but he won't and he never will :D

Lets also not forget that Connor Rozee signed an epic 8-year contract, taking him to 2032 as a 32 year old before taking a massive step back this year and crapping himself in the finals.
Not saying Fog is like this but I worry there is a kind of player who needs to be on the edge to play well. The whole "you can't be fired" thing doesn't exactly churn out world beaters in the public service.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to see he's locked in, but from a wider club perspective, why so long? It's not like he was a big risk of leaving.
I can inly assume it was to help us smooth his overall payments out over a longer period.
He would be getting monster FA offers next year, need to reward that loyalty by providing the extra security given this would absolutely be on less money than other clubs could offer.

Very good signing. Takes him away from free agency considerations, and locks him into our side for years, while still only taking him to 31 years old. This isn't a contract taking him into his mid-30s. And he doesn't strike me as the kind of player who will slacken off now that he's got a long contract.

Thilthorpe and Fogarty are essentially locked in as two key forwards for the rest of the decade. Now we can focus on the areas of the ground where we are weak.

Sydney also. They are due to buy another key forward from somewhere.

Happy with the signing. Gotta lock these best 22 players away.

Need a big season in 2025 where he really puts his stamp on the league...

But do have to remember - he kicked as many goals as Stringer and Will Hayward during 2024.

Think he can be a very good #2 forward and hopefully TT gives him that opportunity.

Touch wood he doesn't do a knee or something that like that. It's a risk with the long term contracts but also understand that is sometimes what it takes to get them over the line. Would have preferred 4 years with some KPI extension clauses.

He has definitely improved over the past few seasons and such a nice kick for goal. Can only see him getting better over the next few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Darcy Fogarty - Re-Signed to End of 2031

Back