Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely he stands down from the captaincy.
I'd support a captaincy transition, but Nick is still too passive at times for mine. Particularly on days like today. That will change but not the right time for him or the group.

I think Maynard is your only other viable option, but too much external noise with that and performance isnt where it needs to be.

Last edited:

And he could have a licence to spoil all he likes there. Another 14 spoils today. Pity he cannot mark. We need marks.

His confidence looks absolutely shot. Not even trying to mark.

Something should have been done with him 10 weeks ago to help get his season going.

130 points in the wet, what a disgrace. Don’t know if he’s carrying an injury…but you may as well play him forward or try something else. He’s too slim to play ruck.

What the **** is the shit in the newspaper about patriarchy and sleeping in different rooms. Who gives a shit. Focus on your footy ffs.

130 points in the wet, what a disgrace. Don’t know if he’s carrying an injury…but you may as well play him forward or try something else. He’s too slim to play ruck.

What the **** is the shit in the newspaper about patriarchy and sleeping in different rooms. Who gives a shit. Focus on your footy ffs.
Just what the oppo needs. Amo to give them to get in your head as they call you a cuck.
Moore, hand in your badge.
Nick is the new sheriff around here.

I'm certain that as a forward he would be adequate at the very least. Make the bloody move.
He is 28,If he hasn't learned how to defend one on one by now, he never will.

If he played FF for a whole season he would be our leading goalkicker.

He seems content behind the ball playing as loose as possible.

I'd support a captaincy transition, but Nick for mine is still too passive at times for mine. Particularly on days like today. That will change but not the right time for him or the group.

I think Maynard is your only other viable option, but too much external noise with that and performance isnt where it needs to be.
I think Maynard is too much of a hothead to be captain. Unfortunately the cupboard is pretty bare on the whole, let alone for another worthy candidate as captain.
I don’t think it is beyond N. Daicos. He would lead by example.

I think Maynard is too much of a hothead to be captain. Unfortunately the cupboard is pretty bare on the whole, let alone for another worthy candidate as captain.
Maynard has been pretty flat across this year too.
Any chance he is having trouble with the aftermath of the Brayshaw concussion and retirement.
Especially seeing two team mates follow suit this year.

He just doesn't seem like the Maynard we all know.

On SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maynard has been pretty flat across this year too.
Any chance he is having trouble with the aftermath of the Brayshaw concussion and retirement.
Especially seeing two team mates follow suit this year.

He just doesn't seem like the Maynard we all know.

On SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app
He along with the rest of them have been drinking their own bath water this season.

i think the club needs the darcy situation to just play itself out - at least until next year. He needs to be the one to say that he's just not into it anymore...

There must be something wrong with him,a hand injury perhaps,to explain his form.He refuses to go for marks,constantly punching the ball away,even when he’s up against smaller opponents who he should be able to outmark easily.He only took one mark yesterday on his own,and he juggled that three times before he finally held it.Something is definitely wrong there.

Jack Crisp is the option for me

I would have chosen him instead of Moore, two years ago. Now 2 years on, he’s still an option.
This was my choice at the time as well, we won a premiership so you can’t knock the initial decision.

Speaking out against your club with the do better report outcomes pending didn’t sit well with me. Right or wrong, you stick together. Side by side. Have your conversations and opinions behind closed doors.

I'd support a captaincy transition, but Nick is still too passive at times for mine. Particularly on days like today. That will change but not the right time for him or the group.

He is generally very vocal and passionate. He is definitely carrying an injury and I think the weight of poor form from others has worn him down. I think he'd make a brilliant captain. Darcy was okay yesterday, but he gives off a very laconic rather lost vibe for much of the time.

He is generally very vocal and passionate. He is definitely carrying an injury and I think the weight of poor form from others has worn him down. I think he'd make a brilliant captain. Darcy was okay yesterday, but he gives off a very laconic rather lost vibe for much of the time.

That’s your imagination

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There must be something wrong with him,a hand injury perhaps,to explain his form.He refuses to go for marks,constantly punching the ball away,even when he’s up against smaller opponents who he should be able to outmark easily.He only took one mark yesterday on his own,and he juggled that three times before he finally held it.Something is definitely wrong there.
But he took the contested mark against Chol in the last which shows in theory he can still mark but he seems to want to spoil.

Just about every player in the league is carrying something at this point in the season.

It might be contributing but fact of the matter is he’s had a stinker of a year. A real Baz Crock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back