Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

The medical profession refer to congenital deficiencies as a physical abnormality because being born with one arm or one ear is abnormal. It is does not mean the person is of any less value than any other. Are you going to suggest the word disabled should be outlawed too because it implies a person is less able than a person who has no disablity?
Language changes. Once upon a time we used the word 'crippled', which then became 'handicapped', which then became 'disabled'. Generally, the changes are for the better.
Darcy marches to a different tune to most; this is not news to any of us. I think he'd readily accept that non-heteronormative is preferable to the other words that, less frequently admittedly, still permeate sport all over our country.

Darcy girlfriend makes him sleep in the spare room. He obviously snores. Poor sleep is why he's playing shit.
They do not live together atm so not true but they are referred to as the woke Collingwood couple because they both live in the same suburb. Let us hope that he can be in the same suburb as his opponent today. I do not know if he consented to the article because the journo just reported what his g/f said on her podcast. My guess is that he would prefer this was not known and in another episode the g/f said it is her preference to sleep alone because you can get the best sleep this way. I reckon most couples that sleep apart do it for this reason.

I hope he plays well today but am worried that Chol will give him the slip.

They do not live together atm so not true but they are referred to as the woke Collingwood couple because they both live in the same suburb. Let us hope that he can be in the same suburb as his opponent today. I do not know if he consented to the article because the journo just reported what his g/f said on her podcast. My guess is that he would prefer this was not known and in another episode the g/f said it is her preference to sleep alone because you can get the best sleep this way. I reckon most couples that sleep apart do it for this reason.

Unless times have changed even more than I understand, I reckon they might have the odd sleep over.

You made a guess foggy and from the evidence, I wont be asking you to do my lotto numbers tonight...

You made a guess foggy and from the evidence, I wont be asking you to do my lotto numbers tonight...
My point was that if she does not want to sleep with him and they both live near each other he could go home rather than sleep in the spare room because he I have heard him spruiking his Tempur mattress he loves so much and how it gives him a great nights sleep.:devil:

My point was that if she does not want to sleep with him and they both live near each other he could go home rather than sleep in the spare room because he I have heard him spruiking his Tempur mattress he loves so much and how it gives him a great nights sleep.:devil:

Fogmeister, she has said that it was an agreed decision. He may not want to sleep with her. I can empathise with such feelings. So you have missed the possibility that it is actually darcy standing at his front door showing her the way out....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Embrace and celebrate diversity.
It’s what Fly does and it’s why we won the flag.

Darcy is a great captain and will give his all today.
We won by playing aggressive, attacking footy with a fair dollop of brilliance in Nick, Josh, Pendles, Billy and Bobby! Plenty of dour, unsentimental footy teams have won multiple flags without the words love, acceptance or diversity even being mentioned in their inner sanctum.

That being said, I love Fly and all he has brought to our club but let's not overstate the importance of the love and acceptance at Collingwood because it is certainly not working this year. The players might be happy but the fans not quite so much!

We won by playing aggressive, attacking footy with a fair dollop of brilliance in Nick, Josh, Pendles, Billy and Bobby! Plenty of dour, unsentimental footy teams have won multiple flags without the words love, acceptance or diversity even being mentioned in their inner sanctum.

That being said, I love Fly and all he has brought to our club but let's not overstate the importance of the love and acceptance at Collingwood because it is certainly not working this year. The players might be happy but the fans not quite so much!
You should know by now that you can’t win it every year.
We have a club with a great culture that all fans can be proud of.
That hasn’t always been the case.

You could go on jeopardy with the sepcial topic of Darcy Moore's private life.

And in line of this current thread our best form was when the captain was in AA form. Notice we dipped after his form declined and never reached the heights of early and mid year later in the piece. I thought he contributed pretty well in the first 2 finals and would not have won the Dees game without his defensive actions but he looked knackered by the granny.

And in line of this current thread our best form was when the captain was in AA form. Notice we dipped after his form declined and never reached the heights of early and mid year later in the piece. I thought he contributed pretty well in the first 2 finals and would not have won the Dees game without his defensive actions but he looked knackered by the granny.
Not much out of Darcy and JDG has been a significant aspect in our decline this year.

Has he even been as bad as some say. Darcy still halves a lot of contests
I guess the leading the spoils in the comp says that but the intercepting being down hurts us.

Anyway below the crap about the idealogical sleeping Fly has his say on Darcy and there is a bit about Jordy.

Eyebrow-raising reason why AFL star Darcy Moore and radio host Dee Salmin haven’t moved in together​

The partner of AFL star Darcy Moore has given an eyebrow-raising explanation for why the pair don’t sleep in the same room or live together.

4 min read
July 20, 2024 - 11:18AM

10 comments

share.svg

|

Play
Mute

Current Time 0:02
/
Duration 4:50
Loaded: 13.65%

Fullscreen
Crows sink Bombers in all-time thriller

AFL: The Crows leave Marvel Stadium with the 4-points, defeating Essendon by 2-points in a thrilling contest.

More From AFL
‘Dark clouds’: Legends worried by ‘big story’

‘Dark clouds’: Legends worried by ‘big story’

‘Just cruel’: AFL world rocked by horror sight

‘Just cruel’: AFL world rocked by horror sight

‘You can’t measure grit’: Nicks full of praise for brave Crows

‘You can’t measure grit’: Nicks full of praise for brave Crows

Triple J presenter Dee Salmin has given an eyebrow-raising explanation as to why she doesn’t sleep in the same room or live together with her AFL star partner Darcy Moore.
Salmin told listeners of her show ‘The Hook Up’ this week the pair don’t want to conform to “heteronormative learned patriarch behaviours” and that she worries about the prospect of losing her independence if she was to move in with Moore.
“I don’t live with my partner at the moment and we both have such different independent busy lives,” Salmin said.
“We get to have so much of what we had when we were single still in our relationship. But I wonder how much you can actually upkeep that when you do end up living together.
“So much of it is just hetero dynamic patriarch learned behaviours that you might fall into.”
Collingwood captain Darcy Moore and girlfriend Triple J's Dee Salmin Picture: Instagram

Collingwood captain Darcy Moore and girlfriend Triple J's Dee Salmin Picture: Instagram
Dee Salmin said she would need to sleep in separate bedrooms. Picture: Instagram

Dee Salmin said she would need to sleep in separate bedrooms. Picture: Instagram
As first reported by the Herald Sun on Friday, author and former radio host Yumi Stynes was a guest on the show and shared her support for Salmin’s stance.
She praised Salmin for not wanting to end up in “domestic drudgery” and said having separate sleeping quarters is “hot” before asking Salmin if “we should all live separately to our partners?”
“I’m going to be doing it for as long as possible,” Salmin responded. “I also said to my partner we are going to have separate bedrooms (if we do end up living together).”
Darcy Moore and Dee Salmin both having busy, independent lives. Picture: Instagram

Darcy Moore and Dee Salmin both having busy, independent lives. Picture: Instagram
Author Yumi Stynes praised Salmin for her stance. Picture: NCA NewsWire

Author Yumi Stynes praised Salmin for her stance. Picture: NCA NewsWire
Coach responds to Moore critics
Meanwhile, Collingwood coach Craig McRae says he’s blocking out “annoying” criticism of Darcy Moore as the Magpies captain searches for form with his side’s season on the line.
McRae urged his team to hit Hawthorn “between the eyes” with their best football as he expected Jordan De Goey to be fit to play and Nathan Kreuger and Jeremy Howe to both overcome illness in time for the crucial Saturday twilight clash.
He compared external “noises” about Moore’s form to mosquitoes buzzing in a tent after a frustrating campaign in which the defender has failed to come near last year’s all-Australian form.
Moore, 28, has played every game but has struggled defensively in the wake of fellow key back Nathan Murphy’s forced retirement and has also declined in average disposals, marks and rebound 50s.
Craig McRae says Collingwood captain Darcy Moore is ‘striving to get to his best’ as the Magpies fight for their season against Hawthorn on Saturday. Picture: Daniel Pockett / Getty Images

Craig McRae says Collingwood captain Darcy Moore is ‘striving to get to his best’ as the Magpies fight for their season against Hawthorn on Saturday. Picture: Daniel Pockett / Getty Images
“It’s probably like when you go camping, there’s a bit of a mozzie in the tent, it can be a bit annoying,” McRae said.
“When you get stung it gets a bit itchy – do you want to scratch it? I’m not sure we want to scratch it, other than just show our love and support for Darcy.
“This guy represents us so unbelievably well, on and off the field. Any club would just desire to have a leader like Darcy Moore in our team.
“The way he’s right now striving to get to his best is something we all admire. Form does come and go, but leadership in Darcy will never leave him and we’re rapt to have him as our captain.”
McRae said De Goey completed Thursday’s training session at Olympic Park and would be fit to face the Hawks after the star midfielder revealed on Seven’s Talking Footy that he was still battling a groin issue.
The coach’s response when asked if De Goey had osteitis pubis was: “Not that I’m aware of, no. I don’t think it’s that.”
Jordan De Goey is managing a groin issue but it’s not osteitis pubis, according to coach Craig McRae. Picture: Daniel Pockett / Getty Images

Jordan De Goey is managing a groin issue but it’s not osteitis pubis, according to coach Craig McRae. Picture: Daniel Pockett / Getty Images
He suggested De Goey would spend more time forward in the final stretch of the home-and-away season as the Magpies sought the best possible impact from him.
“This is the reality of some of our players, and Jordy’s one of them – for most of the week he’s just running up and down, straight lines, just to get to the line,” he said.
“It’s been a battle for Jordy this year, battling his body and then getting himself right to be able to perform.
“He’s not alone in the footy world by the way … I reckon by round 19 most teams would have a similar bunch of guys that are really just battling to get to the line.”
McRae playfully dared the Hawks to recall Finn Maginness to tag Nick Daicos as he said the superstar Pie was “more hardened” than when he was shut-out of the corresponding game last year.
He said he did not need to use an “elimination final” tag on the game to motivate his players.
“You can add some spice and value to it if you want, but it’s still only worth four points,” McRae said.
“We’re here to qualify, that’s the reality of the competition. If you want to try to motivate yourself more by saying it’s a final, go for it.
“We’re going to be heavily motivated for round 19 … this week it’s Hawthorn, and we’re really going to hit them between the eyes with our best.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back