Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

While the focus right now is on Moore and our defence (with some justification) in reality our fortunes this season (like most seasons) will live and die on the ability of our midfield group to win the ball.

Of particular concern is our continued reliance on our veterans to support the Daicii, De Goey and Lipinski.

Realistically how much more do they have left in the tank?

Midway through the 3rd term and GC had something like 8 or 9 players in the top 10 disposal winners out on the ground.

Only Nick could crack the top 5 at the final siren.

Additionally at the end of the game there were 10 Suns players who won more ball than Pendlebury, it was 11 players for Crisp and 12 for Sidebottom.

Amazing we got even close in the end with those sort of numbers and I feel it pretty much reflects what we all know already.

We simply aren't putting together enough good quarters of football and unless we do we'll struggle to beat Essendon this Friday night let alone challenge the Swans or Carlton come September.

no I haven't ..I watched what larkey did to him at marvel two weeks ago before Frampton had to quieten him down ..hes all at sea ..his output this year and performances haven't been great ..simple
So, if he’s not great he’s a liability?

Wow, no middle ground with you.

Do you approach other things in life with this all or nothing attitude?

So, if he’s not great he’s a liability?

Wow, no middle ground with you.

Do you approach other things in life with this all or nothing attitude?
lol..personal attacks...fanatstic ...he is a liability yes at the moment ..you can all go along with the head in the sand Darcy protection racket stuff till the cows come home but the fact remains that he isn't up to it at the moment and with 2 meter Peter curnow Daniher hipwood Cameron all coming up the club needs to sort it out or we will have more Larkey 4 goal quarters against him ..I hope he can lift

lol..personal attacks...fanatstic ...he is a liability yes at the moment ..you can all go along with the head in the sand Darcy protection racket stuff till the cows come home but the fact remains that he isn't up to it at the moment and with 2 meter Peter curnow Daniher hipwood Cameron all coming up the club needs to sort it out or we will have more Larkey 4 goal quarters against him ..I hope he can lift
It’s not personal. Your opinion is an incoherent and nonsensical rant.

You appear hell bent on blaming one player for a loss that was very much a team effort.

speaking of incoherent ...aren't you the guy that thought bucks was a great coach when he kept rolling out the brown brothers and madgen to kick sideways and backwards ?

no I haven't ..I watched what larkey did to him at marvel two weeks ago before Frampton had to quieten him down ..hes all at sea ..his output this year and performances haven't been great ..simple
If you watched those games as closely as you say, you'd know how often & how quickly the ball was coming into the oppo's forward 50. Yet we won one of those matches & lost the 2nd by 11 points.

One would think if our defence was as dysfunctional as some are suggesting, with those numbers, we really should have been smashed.

speaking of incoherent ...aren't you the guy that thought bucks was a great coach when he kept rolling out the brown brothers and madgen to kick sideways and backwards ?
Let’s focus on the topic.
You seem intent on blaming one player for the loss against Gold Coast.

Maybe it’s your head that is in the sand.

I have watched carefully and darcy currently is loose ..loses concentration ..gives meters away to his opponent ..hes failing in some basic defensive strategies ...

Let’s focus on the topic.
You seem intent on blaming one player for the loss against Gold Coast.

Maybe it’s your head that is in the sand.
Lol....better than head somewhere else ....no you should read my posts ..Im talking about Darcys performances this year ..quaynor has been way down also if you want to talk about other defenders ...this post is in regards to Darcy Moore

I have watched carefully and darcy currently is loose ..loses concentration ..gives meters away to his opponent ..hes failing in some basic defensive strategies ...
You’ve watched carefully but don’t understand the zone defence we play.

Lol....better than head somewhere else ....no you should read my posts ..Im talking about Darcys performances this year ..quaynor has been way down also if you want to talk about other defenders ...this post is in regards to Darcy Moore
Is IQ a liability too?

Ive watched enough of darcy this year to know that opponents kicking lots of goals quickly on you because your asleep and 5 meters away has nothing to do with zone defence ..IQ down on form but not liability

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive watched enough of darcy this year to know that opponents kicking lots of goals quickly on you because your asleep and 5 meters away has nothing to do with zone defence ..IQ down on form but not liability
So, who should replace Moore against Essendon?

So, who should replace Moore against Essendon?
that's the dilemma ..nothing much in reserves ..Dean and frampton probably wont work..unfortunately we can only hope that he fires up and stops being a liability and he gets back to being one of the premier defenders in the competition ..

that's the dilemma ..nothing much in reserves ..Dean and frampton probably wont work..unfortunately we can only hope that he fires up and stops being a liability and he gets back to being one of the premier defenders in the competition ..
Hang on. You said Moore is a liability. Meaning his presence is a detriment to the team.

Surely if Dean is fit, which I believe he is, then you would want him to replace him.

I’m confused.

Hang on. You said Moore is a liability. Meaning his presence is a detriment to the team.
Surely if Dean is fit, which I believe he is, then you would want him to replace him.
I’m confused.
You're in the right place - confusion is core business here - clarity and consistency way too boring

hang on nothing ...........he's definitely a liability as a defender currently ..yes .. ..its very simple ...his form is terrible and there's nothing to replace him with so its a bad situation currently .because dean could be even worse ...a real dilemma ..another option is to swing him forward possibly

You do understand that Frampton wasn’t moved to Larkey until the second half and Moore kept him goalless in the second quarter right? He’d quietened down well before that positional shift.

You do understand that Frampton wasn’t moved to Larkey until the second half and Moore kept him goalless in the second quarter right? He’d quietened down well before that positional shift.
he switched halfway through second ...amazing performance to hold him to 4 in a half then ..

hang on nothing ...........he's definitely a liability as a defender currently ..yes .. ..its very simple ...his form is terrible and there's nothing to replace him with so its a bad situation currently .because dean could be even worse ...a real dilemma ..another option is to swing him forward possibly
Right.
So Moore is a semi-liability and Dean is an unknown liability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back