Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamHurley

Club Legend
May 11, 2003
AFL Club
Essendon
Sauce - Tim Watson on Sen.
Says davey's management not talking to essendon.

I think he is out of contract?
Might be a mass exodus through the PSD this year
Davey, Jetta and Houli all possibilities and if Richmond Melbourne and Westcoast all get together they could make it happen.

If we can get a 2nd round pick for him I'd let him go. Possibly even a 3rd round pick....

Good defensive pressure but his kicks often miss the mark, for someone his size he fumbles way too much below his knees and he doesn't kick enough goals for someone that is pretty much a permanent forward.

We saw the best of Davey before his knee reconstruction, since then he hasn't come close, although injuries haven't helped his cause.

Assuming he wants to go to Melbourne he'd want to think about where he fits in. They already have Bennell and Wonnameri (spelling.....?) as their small forwards, Jurrah as a roaming mid sized option, they need a tall or 2 and a spot for rotating midfielders through..... will be hard for him to squeeze in there.

I wouldn't be too upset seeing Houli go, but I want to see Jetta stay. He's only just starting to show a bit and I'd like to see him get a chance to show plenty more.

i like davey and the pressure he puts on the defenders... but we need grunt in the middle, agree.

Just to clarify, I'd prefer to keep Davey but if we're going to lose him, best get something we need.

Nathan Jones, Richard Tambling, David Mundy, I'm about to pitch a tent...

Grunt, speed and damage! :thumbsu:

Make it HAPPEN!!!

its probably take what you can get.... if someone offered a 2nd round for the good of the club sign on the dotted line...which would be early 30's from the dees??

Would Melbourne really be serious with a straight swap N.Jones for Davey??? I would take that in a heartbeat.

Doubtful, you would think essendon would need to throw in a sweetener. Second or third round pick. Which i would still be willing to do. Nathan Jones is a type of midfielder we need, i grew up with him and I can tell you now alll the rumours of him being arrogant etc are completely wrong. He is hard working, hard at it and would fill a gap in the side.

Davey is 27, will start slowing down and in reality his skills are poor, he fumbles, he has struggled with injury (which is likely only to increase). Although i love his chase downs, we could replace him.

Doubtful, you would think essendon would need to throw in a sweetener. Second or third round pick. Which i would still be willing to do. Nathan Jones is a type of midfielder we need, i grew up with him and I can tell you now alll the rumours of him being arrogant etc are completely wrong. He is hard working, hard at it and would fill a gap in the side.

Davey is 27, will start slowing down and in reality his skills are poor, he fumbles, he has struggled with injury (which is likely only to increase). Although i love his chase downs, we could replace him.
Davey's a better player than Jones. Every day of the week.
Knock on him would be age & injury history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Likely: end up with Davey, Houli out; Jones & Tambling in.
Would have to get a late pick for the Jones/Davey trade; which we'd need to send with Houli for Tambling.

Best case scenario; also send out Hooker & 2nd pick for Mundy. Paul Connors (ie McPhee & Ball's manager wink wink) might be our best friend here.

Pick 8, Mundy, Jones, Tambling, pick 46, 63.

As much as Hawks want to get rid of Lewis, don't know if we're really hot on him.

Likely: end up with Davey, Houli out; Jones & Tambling in.
Would have to get a late pick for the Jones/Davey trade; which we'd need to send with Houli for Tambling.

Best case scenario; also send out Hooker & 2nd pick for Mundy. Paul Connors (ie McPhee & Ball's manager wink wink) might be our best friend here.

Pick 8, Mundy, Jones, Tambling, pick 46, 63.

As much as Hawks want to get rid of Lewis, don't know if we're really hot on him.

I'd rather trade pick 8 for Mundy and keep Hooker - when Fletcher retires we'll be needing him, and at his best he adds a lot of poise in defence.

hang on, people are dreaming of adding tambling to the midfield ?! :eek:

ffs, people, don't dream of trading in rubbish just for the sake of trading

Davey's a better player than Jones. Every day of the week.
Knock on him would be age & injury history.

No way.

Talk about over rating your own players. Jones would fetch a first rounder in a trade, Davey would get maybe a 3rd rounder.

Davey is to small to play a full season plus finals, come finals he'd get snapped in half with the intensity.

Its not surprise how players such as Davey and Dick at the Pies have spent half their careers in injury rehab.

hang on, people are dreaming of adding tambling to the midfield ?! :eek:

ffs, people, don't dream of trading in rubbish just for the sake of trading

Much maligned at Richmond because of his pick in the draft - they overlooked Buddy. He's still quality and I believe has plenty of room for improvement at 24 years of age.

melb look unlikely to want froggy, i think he could be used to get salopek plenty of other clubs than melb also would be interested

I dont think Davey will be to open to going anywhere else. Melb would take him if they got him cheap (PSD cheap).

No way.

Talk about over rating your own players. Jones would fetch a first rounder in a trade, Davey would get maybe a 3rd rounder.

Davey is to small to play a full season plus finals, come finals he'd get snapped in half with the intensity.

Its not surprise how players such as Davey and Dick at the Pies have spent half their careers in injury rehab.

Jones has nothing unique. He'd be important to Essendon because Jobe needs help. Jones has an average disposal and his decision making is poor, he is however hard at it and would add extra grunt into our smaller bodied midfield.

There is no way Jones warrants a first round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back