News David Hale & Pick 52 for Brown Compo Pick & Pick 71 - done deal - Keep It Here Please

Remove this Banner Ad

well done hawks! :) D.Hale B.Renouf M.Bailey S.Taylor L.Lowden S.Grimley and the pinch hitters in W.Skipper and J.Lisle someone has to go! trade S.Taylor! but which team is in need of a ruckmen? well PA need a ruckman Brogan is 30yo, so why not D.Motlop for S.Taylor both 28yo but id rather have Motlop on our list

In the spirit of my other mischievious, but not malicious post on the Skipper vs Hale thread, I thought I'd review the journey of the Hale thread. It has it all... hysteria, resignation, rationalisation, elation.

DENIAL...

Hawkinspired said:
Won't happen. North would have to pay half his contract and i doubt they would be happy with that.
stixxx said:
Don't think we'll get him thank God!! Melbourne have a contract on the table for him! They can have him!
GALON said:
i'll believe it when it's faxed through to AFL house.
pipcoo said:
SPUD - no way will he wear a brown & gold jumper.
You mean this one... ;)

101009_hale246.jpg

DISBELIEF…

Leather Poisoning said:
Please no.
Must be a backup plan, there must be someone else we're chasing (ruck or otherwise).
bradway said:
Melbourne will trump us on this deal surely, and I really hope so.
I think Melbourne have their 2nd round pick on the table for Hale, there is no way we will offer up more than that, will we? :(
LuvMyHawks said:
They HAVE to be kidding! A 2nd round pick for a player who played in the VFL most of the year..Tell 'em they are dreamin'
Hawthorn4ever said:
this must be a joke. If true than I am absolutely sick angry disillusion. Our recruitment team is an absolute joke. Watch clarko play hale from FF swapping with Roughy n Buddy playing high up on the wing

how stupid are we if true.

ANGER...

SA Hawk said:
Why the hell are we interested in this guy? He is rubbish.
Cosmo Kramer said:
Don't think Hale is what we need at all. As a rucking option he offers a very similar to Simon Taylor (one Simon Taylor is enough on our list we don't need 2).

I still stand by my statement, I can't see any case for us giving up a top 35 pick for a guy who can't crack the best 22 of a middle of the road side
So where do you see Hale fitting in, ahead of Renouf, ahead of Bailey, ahead of Skipper, ahead of Taylor???? I seem him behind all the above players. I'd say he is better suited as a forward than a ruckman but the problem is that he doesn't do enough as a forward, is totally 1 dimensional and our style of play doesn't suit him at all.

I think it speaks volumes about Hale that every time there is a thread about him North fans come in trying to convince others that he would be an asset to their team and how he is versitile. The guy is no good, don't let anyone else convince you otherwise.
furn said:
Not sure that being not good enough to get a game as a forward while also not being good enough to get a game as a ruck means your versitile. But thats basically what were looking at here. The fact is Hale has never been a good ruckman.

This is a no brainer. Let the Dees waste their cap and picks on this guy.
Frankston Rover said:
He's a spud. Pelchen is losing me by even entertaining the thought.
2008wasoverDEW said:
Hale, in our forward 50 would be about as useful as a cardboard cutout!

As far as ruckmen go, he's certainly no better than Renouf, Taylor, Skipper, or Bailey. Even Lowden appears to be developing nicely at Box Hill. I just don't believe Hale will add much to our team, compared to our other options.

BARGAINING...

dipper86 said:
…if you get pick 26 for him then Gold Coast are completer morons.
spotthedot said:
i would bet my left testicle that skipper is more versatile than this crab! and he would also be harder at the pill, more skilful etc...
I hope you weren't using your footy dept's judgement as the judge on this one. ;)

DESPAIR…

xellis said:
All along I was hoping that this play for Hale was a guise for some other better trade. This hope is fading...

Please no.
dipper86 said:
For the love of God.....Please No. if we part with our first pick or concession pick, I think i'll vomit.
SHAKESPEARE said:
IbleedBrownNGold said:
I think I'm gonna be sick. :(
SHAKESPEARE said:
Already threw up a bit in my mouth.
dipper86 said:
What was a win for us gaining the compensation pick has now turned into a massive failure.

RATIONALISATION…

zenmasterfu said:
I am pleased this trade as happened ... at least it takes a high draft pick out of Pelchen's hands.
Couch Potato said:
Let's for one moment think about that other spud that Norf gave away that played in a gf - maybe it's the club not the player.
2008wasoverDEW said:
The introduction of the new interchange rules places more importance on versatile players. Therefore Hale would provide the club with a genuine forward target between rucking spells.

RELIEF…

Demon16 said:
Thank goodness..

ACCEPTANCE...

Splodge15 said:
People on here are being ridiculously over dramatic.

Relax, dudes.
SHAKESPEARE said:
… once the deal is done...if it does in fact get done...i'll get behind him. Skipper surprised me, so why couldn't The Hairpiece #2 do the same.
Buuuudy said:
Hale is far from a star but he would provide versatility to our structure.
Couch Potato said:
Jesus people lighten up ........... he could turn out to be a blessing in disguise - let's at least wait until the season starts and his played a few games before we bring out the lynching gear.

ELATION…

juve11 said:
Stoked! First season I am not too worried about our paper thin ruck stocks and playing Hodge and Shoe there!

Bye bye Mr Taylor if this is done. The new rules do not suit the like of yourself and Mark Blake types!!!!
He monstered Box Hill (forward and ruck) in that final I watched, he looked a cut above VFL and is 26!

A lot of up side!!!!
Cyrillic said:
Big thumbs up from me. One area needing immediate attention solved.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:.

POSTSCRIPT...

Franko Armani said:
Welcome to the Hawks David Hale. You will have plenty of posters to win over on this board!
Geez, I’ll say… there must be a world of pain going on if this lot is any indication…

And I know a lot more positive quotes since too. In all seriousness, good luck to David at the Hawks. Got stuffed around at North.

^^^^Thanks Kimbo - I've really warmed to him, even moreso after hearing a whisper about how much of his salary you guys are paying.

Three thumbs up from me.

Hint of how much?

I thought we would be paying him $300,000 p.a ourselves (just my opinon) and the rest would be NM (around 100k)

North are paying $200 000 a year for the next two years, Sweet deal for us!

Good for us too. We would have been paying $400k. Now we pay our first rounder and the compo pick guy from you lot with the savings we make on this.

As I've said earlier - this is a good trade for both. You lot will happily surprised by David.

You can tell it's the offseason when we have the lovely Kimbo hanging around on the hawk board. I have no problem reiterating that other clubs seem to have the knack of bringing out the best in north rejects - so David Hale - welcome - no doubt you will repay the hawks in spades while north picks up most of the tab.

Good for us too. We would have been paying $400k. Now we pay our first rounder and the compo pick guy from you lot with the savings we make on this.

As I've said earlier - this is a good trade for both. You lot will happily surprised by David.

Probably not so surprising for many of us. Yes, good trade for both. Best of luck with your picks.

You can tell it's the offseason when we have the lovely Kimbo hanging around on the hawk board.
I was watching all the Hale threads at the time the trade was mooted, and couldn't help noticing the angst this possible trade was causing for so many here (and on the Melbourne board). Amusing once it went through.

(But yes, I'm lovely and yes the off season has a weird effect on us all.) ;)

CoachPotato said:
I have no problem reiterating that other clubs seem to have the knack of bringing out the best in north rejects - so David Hale - welcome - no doubt you will repay the hawks in spades while north picks up most of the tab.
Doesn't sound like we're picking up 'most of the tab', but I hope whoever decided to pay him that much to begin with is paying for it out of his own pocket. Seriously, not ideal scenario for us, but hardly disastrous.

Under Pagan it used to be us who got the most out of other clubs' rejects. Laidley couldn't manage to get the best out of too many I don't think and Scott hasn't had a chance (most of our list is 'home grown'). Be interesting to see how we go with McKinley.

Anyways, good luck with Hale and I hope it truly does become a win-win! :thumbsu:

You can tell it's the offseason when we have the lovely Kimbo hanging around on the hawk board. I have no problem reiterating that other clubs seem to have the knack of bringing out the best in north rejects - so David Hale - welcome - no doubt you will repay the hawks in spades while north picks up most of the tab.

Let's not get overexcited by Leigh Brown at Collingwood. Gibbo played at about the same level for you guys this year as he did for us. And dare I mention that the boys Kennedy and McGlynn done pretty good at Sydney.

I'm happy for us to pay half of David's salary for two years while he plays for you if it means we can use the extra cap room to keep Spitta Swallow.

Let's not get overexcited by Leigh Brown at Collingwood. Gibbo played at about the same level for you guys this year as he did for us. And dare I mention that the boys Kennedy and McGlynn done pretty good at Sydney.

I'm happy for us to pay half of David's salary for two years while he plays for you if it means we can use the extra cap room to keep Spitta Swallow.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't think you will lose swallow - for mine, I believe he will be a one club player and no doubt a long serving captain.

In regards to hale, my posts are nothing more than a little light hearted banter. I don't have a problem with the club picking him up and hope he is able to bring what the hawks need in it's ruck division.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't think you will lose swallow - for mine, I believe he will be a one club player and no doubt a long serving captain.

In regards to hale, my posts are nothing more than a little light hearted banter. I don't have a problem with the club picking him up and hope he is able to bring what the hawks need in it's ruck division.

No bother. I reckon Spitta will stay too. I have to say that for you guys, losing Brown was probably the most possible fate IF you HAD to lose a player. Better him han Buddy or Cyril or Roughy or even Lewis.

Effectively, you traded Brown for Hale and mid 50s draft pick no?

My understanding is that GWS can also pick up uncontracted players at the end of 2012. That's where we could be in some strife, as I expect 2012 to be a very good year for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My understanding is that GWS can also pick up uncontracted players at the end of 2012. That's where we could be in some strife, as I expect 2012 to be a very good year for us.

2011 and 2012 Sweetie, but still limited to one player per club - just over 2 years.

Somehow you just know that Sheedy won't be able to resist doing something ridiculous to enhance his reputation as a 'thinker' of the game.

2011 and 2012 Sweetie, but still limited to one player per club - just over 2 years.

Somehow you just know that Sheedy won't be able to resist doing something ridiculous to enhance his reputation as a 'thinker' of the game.

Ah, the Mr Lateral reputation.

A wise man once told me that being different wasn't creative.

Ah, the Mr Lateral reputation.

A wise man once told me that being different wasn't creative.

You are talking to me now grizz - haven't you realised from my posting that I think like Grant Thomas and drink like Kevin Sheedy?

That's gotta be pretty creative?

Yep. You just know he's raging we got Majak Daw. Sheeds would have him as first ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

News David Hale & Pick 52 for Brown Compo Pick & Pick 71 - done deal - Keep It Here Please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back