Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Pick 46, Jack O'Sullivan

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack O'Sullivan (17 disposals, 2 goals, 4 tackles)

"Jack worked his backside off - he's a real energy buzzer, he gets around the ground and provides heaps of energy. He loves the pressure, loves to tackle and kicked two goals as a small forward and laid four tackles which is really pleasing and a great outcome for him. He's a great little player."
Great signs that he is doing it all - disposals, goals, tackles.

If he can keep it up for another couple weeks, would like to see him promoted to see if he can do it in the seniors. (I think he will).

One of the standouts forwards today for Box Hill. No doubt he will play some games in the second half of the year, maybe sooner rather than later. It wasn’t just his forward craft that really stood out, but the fact that he was able to have 18 disposals as well and push high up the ground was impressive.

18 disposals - 6 marks - 2 tackles - 4 inside 50s - 2 goals - 2 behinds

One of the standouts forwards today for Box Hill. No doubt he will play some games in the second half of the year, maybe sooner rather than later. It wasn’t just his forward craft that really stood out, but the fact that he was able to have 18 disposals as well and push high up the ground was impressive.

18 disposals - 6 marks - 2 tackles - 4 inside 50s - 2 goals - 2 behinds
We need his intensity in the senior team.

Jack O’Sullivan (2 goals, 18 disposals, 6 marks, 4 tackles)

"I was really impressed with what Sull was able to show - he was dangerous up forward, his work rate and his energy were strong and he brought some pressure - he kicked a couple of nice goals, including one from the boundary in the last quarter which really started to get us going and put the foot on the Swans throats and gave us a good advantage in the game. In fact, all of our draftees really impressed with their first hit-out at VFL level against a proud football club in the Swans. It's never easy to get on the road, but how they all handled themselves was really impressive."

Jack O’Sullivan (2 goals, 18 disposals, 6 marks, 4 tackles)

"I was really impressed with what Sull was able to show - he was dangerous up forward, his work rate and his energy were strong and he brought some pressure - he kicked a couple of nice goals, including one from the boundary in the last quarter which really started to get us going and put the foot on the Swans throats and gave us a good advantage in the game. In fact, all of our draftees really impressed with their first hit-out at VFL level against a proud football club in the Swans. It's never easy to get on the road, but how they all handled themselves was really impressive."
Of those yet to debut, I think i’m most excited about this bloke. Hard working pressure forward with an eye for goal is just so valuable in todays game. Hope he gets his shot soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of those yet to debut, I think i’m most excited about this bloke. Hard working pressure forward with an eye for goal is just so valuable in todays game. Hope he gets his shot soon.
Only a few sample games so far, but I like what I'm seeing and hearing.

Hopefully he'll get his chance soon.

Jack O'Sullivan (1 goal, 16 disposals, 3 tackles)

"Sul was just an energy bunny all day – he was able get up the ground and get back inside 50 and provide pressure, hit the scoreboard which was really impressive. It was a really solid performance from him in those conditions. He looked lively when he was around the footy, his side-step and agility was really impressive. More importantly, his tackling pressure and the be almost a nuisance up forward was really pleasing."

Theirs just something about jack, can’t wait to have all of brockman, O’Sullivan, butler and bennets in the side

Will be serious pressure

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Pick 46, Jack O'Sullivan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back