News David Hale & Pick 52 for Brown Compo Pick & Pick 71 - done deal - Keep It Here Please

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, that Stratton fella they drafted is useless...they obviously don't have a clue what they're doing. :D

Nice smile. Does that mean u think u have said something smart?

They had to use picks for Gibbo and Guerra and Gilham and ages ago Jacobs and others because we dont know how to draft a decent backline like most other clubs. It means that we get other teams' average players instead of finding more of our own guns like (hopefully) Stratton..

I reckon this bloke will be good for you guys and improve your side.

He's never really been given the chances at North because they have such a talented ruckman in McIntosh and then managed to snag Goldstein who looks great as well.

He's only 26. A year younger then Mark Jamar who only really came on this season.

I reckon with more responsibility and chances he'll thrive and the best part is he can move forward and slot a goal. When these ruckman move on they seem to grow a leg and find themselves a bit. Mumford with more responsibility showed heaps in 2010 and early on in the year Mark Seaby was doing the same.

He's at that age now when ruckman seem to really blossom.

I reckon he'll get his 12-14 possessions and 15-20 hitouts a game and he'll make a good combo with Renouf.
Good post and I agree.

North did well to get what they did for us, but we were able to offer that because the AFL overpaid us for Brown.

In that sense everyone wins.

Brown for Hale a pick up grade is a win if you look at it that way.

North gettings a compo pick, is a win for them too.

Good trade, and hopefully we get Hill too and I think its been a successful trade week.

Everyone bangs on for the last two years about how we need a big bodied ruckman on our list so we get one and then everyone bangs on about how it'll ruin our structures. Dolts.

Nice smile. Does that mean u think u have said something smart?

They had to use picks for Gibbo and Guerra and Gilham and ages ago Jacobs and others because we dont know how to draft a decent backline like most other clubs. It means that we get other teams' average players instead of finding more of our own guns like (hopefully) Stratton..

No, the smile means I think you're very funny!

I just dont see why we cant recruit a whole team of home grown Strattons instead of trading most of our backline - where we will never get guns...

I don't know how you fit Stratton as a home-grown.

He was a ready made mature age WAFL.

Well spotted by the recruiters, don't you think?

Bet this news just ruined Simon Taylors day..

I'm beginning to think we might have seen the last of Simon Taylor tbh.

Does anyone else get the feeling that his broken leg might have finished his career ? I feel he might not ever be able to play as well as he could before that injury.

I'm happy to be proven wrong on this, as I thought he was good at times.

we have too many ruckmen on the now. My tip is we will delist Taylor.

128790995218892659.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not like we gave up sheep stations for him.
First round sounds all glamourous but in reality it is late 2nd round, being it will be pick 29 or 30.

Not a bad deal imho.

It i a low pick now but could be a lot higher if they hung onto it for a couple of years.

I dont think that Pelch and Clarko have the patience to wait - and I think they are worried about their own jobs if they dont have short term success.

This may not be the best thing for the club tho...

It i a low pick now but could be a lot higher if they hung onto it for a couple of years.

I dont think that Pelch and Clarko have the patience to wait - and I think they are worried about their own jobs if they dont have short term success.

Yes, it would be terrible if we aimed for short term success ...

I'd just hate to win a premiership within the next couple of years.

Is there are a reason the minimum age for joining this board is only 14 years?

Why wait, our window is in the next 2-3 years...

The way things are going with GWS raping us all next year aswell , I'm sure we will get another Compensation pick for someone we lose again, and we can always keep that one if we want.

We need to go hard every year at the Trade table, as now is our time to strike. Not years from now, when were rebuilding...

Seriously what has Hale done the last 2 years to even suggest he is our big bodied ruckman, hell people seem to say our biggest problem is ruckman?? thats simply not true Renouf and Skiiper may not be popular or talented but they can compete always try and did great against Sandilands. Not to mention Bailey coming back and Lowden is here people say he is not big enough to play ruck if you have seen the guy thats WRONG he will be ready half way through the year and 100% next year.............so basically we gave away a 1st round pick for literally a guy who will be starting for a year.

We also dont have a FB or a pacy midfeilder besides Young what a joke we will only address that issue with our 1st round pick, more than likely a pacy mid unless Watson slips to us, so regardless one of our two Biggest needs wont be addressed.

Whoever thinks Hale is going to dominate like Jamar needs to pull there head in, Hale has never been a great ruckman now if Bailey gets healthy where does that leave Hale.................. Lowden for 2011 where does that leave Hale..........DROPPED they guy is a waste of a 1st round pick and if this doesnt come off and our rucks still look poor Clarko may find himself out of a job

You sound like a man who once worked at our club and is bitter about being moved on. Apologies if I'm wrong.

FWIW, I reckon he could do well if played as your number 1 ruckman. McIntosh, Goldstein & Petrie were rated ahead of him as ruckmen. And he made the mistake of kicking 8 goals at Geelong one day, thereby convincing Laidley he was a full forward.

Seems a good bloke (if anything, lacks a bit of mongrel), but I expect him to boost your ruck stocks.

FWIW, I reckon he could do well if played as your number 1 ruckman. McIntosh, Goldstein & Petrie were rated ahead of him as ruckmen. And he made the mistake of kicking 8 goals at Geelong one day, thereby convincing Laidley he was a full forward.

Seems a good bloke (if anything, lacks a bit of mongrel), but I expect him to boost your ruck stocks.

Lacking a bit of mongrel is fine by me...we have enough blokes who have earned themselves a spot on the MRPs VIP list :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

News David Hale & Pick 52 for Brown Compo Pick & Pick 71 - done deal - Keep It Here Please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back