David Koch - The Chairman of the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Cyrus the Virus

Cancelled
Oct 17, 2003
Imaginationland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I call for him to step us as president or join the board. Not sure what he does as joint no. 1 ticket holder, but im pretty certain its sweet FA. He wrote a nice little blurb in the picture book of ours, but words mean **** all. we need action.

does he have the potential to be an eddie mcguire of sorts and use his public profile to promote the club on a regular basis on a national stage? If my memory serves me correct collingwood were a basket case when eddie took over. he is good with money and well respected in the finance world.

does kochie have the potential do the same with us?

I call for him to step us as president or join the board. Not sure what he does as joint no. 1 ticket holder, but im pretty certain its sweet FA. He wrote a nice little blurb in the picture book of ours, but words mean **** all. we need action.

does he have the potential to be an eddie mcguire of sorts and use his public profile to promote the club on a regular basis on a national stage? If my memory serves me correct collingwood were a basket case when eddie took over. he is good with money and well respected in the finance world.

He doesn't know the words to our club song.

He is a fool and he is not passionate about our club although he says different. See Eric Bana flying in and out of Australia to see the Saints all the time? When was the last time Koch was at a game he wasn't specifically invited too. If he was passionate about this club his conscience would have had him acting by now the same as it did to all of us on this board that could afford to.

He is not capable of achieving anything near what Eddie McGuire has done.

People either love or hate this bloke and if they hate him, they really hate him. We don't need to polarise even more potential supporters.

And um... NO.

He doesn't know the words to our club song.

He is a fool and he is not passionate about our club although he says different. See Eric Bana flying in and out of Australia to see the Saints all the time? When was the last time Koch was at a game he wasn't specifically invited too. If he was passionate about this club his conscience would have had him acting by now the same as it did to all of us on this board that could afford to.

He is not capable of achieving anything near what Eddie McGuire has done.

People either love or hate this bloke and if they hate him, they really hate him. We don't need to polarise even more potential supporters.

And um... NO.

And Eddie doesn't fall into this category?

We should dump him as our number one ticket holder AFAIC.

Also, Eddie Mcguire is as fanatical as collingwood supporters come. Apart from how much of a dick head he is, he is a freakishly hard worker who has worked his way up from the bottom. David Coch isn't even close to him.

And Eddie doesn't fall into this category?

Yeah sorry, I left out a key word Aretha Franklin used to sing about. Eddie has it in the football world and the wider community Koch can only wish...

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Don't let that pesky SA v Vic thing cloud your thinking Eddie has been magnificent for Collingwood and Victorian football in general.

id be fine with koch coming in with his financial background and commercial contacts - not to mention his national profile (even if it is polarizing)

I dont see how it can hurt the club - we have people proposing kevin foley?? come on, at least koch isnt a w***er on that level

I can't believe we even have a thread about this - and some of the comments about the subject are just outrageous and plain nonsense.

So, he does nothing now and we'd, for that reason give him the President's position? I don't think he deserves any role with the club. He's the main reason I created the thread about our No.1 ticket holders.

AFAIK, he does nothing. Get rid of him.

At the end of the day any exposure is good.

If he came out i nthe media and supported us and was willing to provide help and assistance good on him

I think back to how deplorable Hawthorn was. What happened there? A Few former players eg Dunstall and Dermott plus some said, hang on lets stop this, they rolled up their sleeves, got dirty and worked their way through the mess.

I would hope ours players and key supporters could do the same.

But we do need some people who are employed there to accept their failures and offer to move on instead of being PUSHED and I ain't referring to Primus.

Koch is embarrassing, truely embarrassing. Does anyone know when he left South Australia because he sure doesn't speak like a South Australian? He's more Sydney than the Opera House.

Any talk of Adelaide Kochie pipes up and squawks Port, Alberton Oval, Fritz, Largs Bay Primary, Port Power, Malls Balls whilst the other panellists look at him like he's a demented moron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More than likely, someone from the current board, unless there is a split and/or new blood is introduced.

What about that ticket, was it Peter Woite? Let's get him in there, he wanted independence from the SANFL if I recall so he's perfect for mine. Otherwise let's go high profile, we need someoen who'll bring in sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

David Koch - The Chairman of the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back