David Koch - The Chairman of the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

how-to-build-a-deck-chair.jpg

Preferably not this kind.

Like I've said on other threads,

Out Duncanson
In Foley

We need a strong outspoken individual to put this club back on the map.

Tired of being slagged off in the media with not even a whimper.

KT and Foley would be a great combination.

Foleys perfect. We need Port Adelaide people now more than ever and we need well connected ones. Foleys connections and profile are invaluable, he really is Adelaide's eddie because you either love him or hate him and Port people will love him. The guy was treasurer for what a decade and copped shit from everywhere and got on with the job, we need strong loud leadership right now. It will be hard to ask if we are relevant to the competition if we have a president helping to make us relevant simply by profile.

Do Port really need to sink to the level Hawthorn went to by having an ex-polly as a President? I mean FFS Mike Rann? No, just no.

Kevin Foley? Maybe, he has earned my respect a tad more now that I do read some of his weekly articles, however after seeing how much of an absolute tool Jeff Kennett was (and still is) we don't need more ex-Pollies/Premiers involved with football clubs.

282jm3a.jpg

Cornesy would have to be nice to him too.

If he thought he could pick on KT - he found out he cant last night, imagine 5AA the first time he talks crap about Port and Foley rings up !!

It would make the Waymouth St carnage back page news :)

I am up for Foley, we need a politician. There are enough businessmen on the board, we need somebody used to the blowtorch of the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucci claims that Foley is poised to join the board and become club President but there are no quotes from Foley to back this up.

Foley is quoted as saying "I would not rule it out. I would not rule out serving the club in some capacity in the future".

By not ruling it out Rucci takes it as a definite. Pure speculation on Rucci's part.

If he thought he could pick on KT - he found out he cant last night, imagine 5AA the first time he talks crap about Port and Foley rings up !!

It would make the Waymouth St carnage back page news :)

Not just that, think of his wife's political connections. ;)

Foley on MMM talking to Tredders . Foley said he is thinking about it [ club president role] and Tredders said that if Kev took the job they could sit down and discuss a possible board position for Tredders. Sounded to me like somebody might be a little more advanced in considering the Presidents position than they are letting on.

Foley on MMM talking to Tredders . Foley said he is thinking about it [ club president role] and Tredders said that if Kev took the job they could sit down and discuss a possible board position for Tredders.
Happy with that one. Even when they were his teammates Tredrea had high standards of the other players and expected them to be professional. Given that wasn't popular and led to Primus remaining captain I'd rather Tredders on the board then an ex-player who wasn't like that.

Foleys perfect. We need Port Adelaide people now more than ever and we need well connected ones. Foleys connections and profile are invaluable, he really is Adelaide's eddie because you either love him or hate him and Port people will love him. The guy was treasurer for what a decade and copped shit from everywhere and got on with the job, we need strong loud leadership right now. It will be hard to ask if we are relevant to the competition if we have a president helping to make us relevant simply by profile.

Well connected, Pants man, high profile, arrogant, self assured, Port through and through, unhumble, aggressive and most importantly knows how to run a bankrupt organisation. The guy is ****ing perfect.

I wasn't sold until right then. Nice summary, PG

Remove this Banner Ad

David Koch - The Chairman of the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back