David Rodan - Has supposedly quit Tigers but does anbody want him?

Remove this Banner Ad

duckboy

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Coming off a knee, not happy with the Tigers contract offer, now wants out. I would've thought he should be fairly happy to still be on the list. Any rumours on any takers for him?

If true he is a greedy little so and so.

You have to prove yourself before you are entitled to any repect. potential counts for nothing in the real world.

G-Mo77 said:
Why would he quit on the last day of the trade week? It just doesn't make sense to me.

I think contract negotiations have broken down, and he's discovered that we are going to pay him for his true value.

If he got paid 150k last year to have a ACL, well hell, give me 150k and stomp on my knee right now. You can even choose the knee.

Much like Shane Tuck got a very low salary for 2005 in order to prove himself, Tuck will now be on much better money. Rodan could do the same with a good 06.

G-Mo77 said:
Why would he quit on the last day of the trade week? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Seems strange doesn't it? I don't think he's going to attract much in return for the Tigers either. Maybe a late 2nd round pick at absolute best? I've always had thew feeling that David Rodan feels that David Rodan is a very good player.

duckboy said:
Coming off a knee, not happy with the Tigers contract offer, now wants out. I would've thought he should be fairly happy to still be on the list. Any rumours on any takers for him?

Carlton need some pace in the midfield. Would be happy to pick him up in the PSD, provided that Selwood is not available!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I told you david rodan was leaving i rumoured this awhile back and all the fools said he was happy what are you talking about you heard it first from grahams grandpa

Grahams Grandpa said:
I told you david rodan was leaving i rumoured this awhile back and all the fools said he was happy what are you talking about you heard it first from grahams grandpa

St Kilds will show interest as they are a pack of DUDS...

I heard him and Wallace had a fight over where he would play :thumbsu:

looks like Greg miller isn't happy with the report on Daves knee...that's why he's got the low low $'s contract

go and get a 2nd rounder for him Greggy :D

guys im just wondering your thoughts on the form of Ian Callinan from tasmania he is much like roden yet has the capacity to go into, the midfield JJ LISTON MEDAL WINNER , and club champion in tassie this year.

he would be suitable replacemnet for someone like roden

Grahams Grandpa said:

Where exactly in your 5 post history did you say Rodan was leaving??

The Dice Man said:
Let him go.. He earnt good money all through 2005 and did nothing for us. If he cant accept he is paying back some of that cash by going on a 1-year reduced salary, then good riddens.

You really are a moron aren;t you, the guy done a knee for ******** sake. How about they put Nathan brown on a reduced contract aswell to pay back the money he was given for doing nothing when he broke his leg.

Look at the double standard.

wizard_9 said:
You really are a moron aren;t you, the guy done a knee for ******** sake. How about they put Nathan brown on a reduced contract aswell to pay back the money he was given for doing nothing when he broke his leg.

Look at the double standard.

Because Brown has already proven himself. Rodan hasn't. He was lucky he wasn't cut last year.

Nbrown7 said:
for u that is. A fair deal would be rodan for welsh, anything less is not going to happen

Sure.
We'll trade a member of our leadership group for a guy who, according to your own supporters, is 'lucky he wasn't cut the year before he did his knee'.

Remove this Banner Ad

David Rodan - Has supposedly quit Tigers but does anbody want him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back