Dawson must be axed

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe he is playing at CHB for Brisbane now.

Can someone tell me why Goose wasn't given the same opportunities now as Dawson and Ralph Clarke are receiving?
From what I understand, Goose was in line to get some games towards the back end of last season, but then suffered a minor injury which ruled him out.

In the off season he probably talked with Ross and decided that as his opportunities would be limited here he'd look elsewhere for regular AFL football.

Are there any viable suggestions that you have that could replace Dawson? I've been frustrated with him at times, but he seems to be the best option and one would hope he plays himself into form again. As has been said, he's still young for a KP player, and should improve given time.

From what I understand, Goose was in line to get some games towards the back end of last season, but then suffered a minor injury which ruled him out.

In the off season he probably talked with Ross and decided that as his opportunities would be limited here he'd look elsewhere for regular AFL football.

Are there any viable suggestions that you have that could replace Dawson? I've been frustrated with him at times, but he seems to be the best option and one would hope he plays himself into form again. As has been said, he's still young for a KP player, and should improve given time.

Yes,

Baker Blake Fisher
Gwilt Gilbert Clarke

Nothing wrong with this setup. Yes, there are other options but this is solid.

We dont actually need to replace Dawson with another backman, we need to find another FWD option

Yes,

Baker Blake Fisher
Gwilt Gilbert Clarke

Nothing wrong with this setup. Yes, there are other options but this is solid.

We dont actually need to replace Dawson with another backman, we need to find another FWD option

still to many talls for mine..

We should not be potting anyone from our backline. Kept Port to 7 goals and still managed to loose. Hardly the fault of Dawson & Clarke and while they can look shaky at times they were both serviceable. If you must apportion blame then look at the front half. We all know that Milne is hot and cold. Last week red hot, this week ice cold. That miracle goal has taken the focus off the countless dropped marks and poor decisions but over time he is well in credit. Likewise Kozi deserves a few more weeks before we write him off but overall they were both very average on Saturday.

only a yr to late...

sure, he looked great going thrid man up, but as you can see, hawks fans were right, cant play KP, hes nothing more then a back pocket
Nevertheless he would be a walk up start for your weak team at the moment.think you guys are a real chance to lose against Essendon next round and your season will be down the toilet.;)

Kildonan was right when he said
We forget just how few games Dawson has under his belt.

He is still at the apprentice at this stage of his career. He will improve. Maybe he can go back to the Zebs to work on a specific part of his game, but for St Kilda's sake he should play as many games as we can get into him. We recognise that the wet conditions made it difficult for Kosi, well Dawson was affected too. Raph was only in his second game back. He will get better.

Umps didn't help us either by refusing to pay 20 metre kicks for us yet paying some very short kicks for Port.
, However there are many problems in his game that need to be ironed out. He is too aware of his opponent at the expense of the ball, for one. I think Zac is just feeling a little too comfortable and maybe being dropped will give him a kick in the pants he does need at the moment.

Kildonan was right when he said, However there are many problems in his game that need to be ironed out. He is too aware of his opponent at the expense of the ball, for one. I think Zac is just feeling a little too comfortable and maybe being dropped will give him a kick in the pants he does need at the moment.

Dropping to the reserves doesn't just need to be a "punishment" though. It can be an important tool to develop as a player against less elite opposition.

Nevertheless he would be a walk up start for your weak team at the moment.think you guys are a real chance to lose against Essendon next round and your season will be down the toilet.;)

dont count on it, he couldnt get a game in parts of 07 and the space of 5 weeks in 08 where there was plenty of space for him in defence.

and yes, it is possible our season might be in the shitter, but eh, doesnt change the fact we won in 08, and 2011 we will have the flag, nice way to commeorate 50 yrs sinc eour 1st flag i think :)

dont count on it, he couldnt get a game in parts of 07 and the space of 5 weeks in 08 where there was plenty of space for him in defence.

and yes, it is possible our season might be in the shitter, but eh, doesnt change the fact we won in 08, and 2011 we will have the flag, nice way to commeorate 50 yrs sinc eour 1st flag i think :)
He..he..MM...O8 is fact,2011 is very wishful thinking from where i am sitting.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I might put this in this thread, to not upset or ruin the great win by the boys last night and place into another thread.

Zac was ordinary. Starting up forward IMO was a sign that Lyon had lost faith in him down back .. OR .. there was no match up for him. Starting Fisher on Hall sent a very clear message. Starting Zac up forward sent an even clearer message.

Yeah Zac was moved back onto Big, Bad, Bustling Barry later in the game, but the Dogs delivery into their forward line was atrocious They didn't know what they were doing or how to go about getting the ball forward ..

As for Raph Clarke ...

Holy shit, that game to me proved once and for all why he should not get a game.
1 - Bad hands, he cant get the ball clean at all on the first grab, fumbles way to much
2 - Out of position
3 - Get run down a lot !! ... has no peripheral vision at all. I cant believe how many times he tries to arch the back and take off with a run, only to be caught about 3 seconds later. He should look for the kick hand pass.
4 - Too many turnovers and poor disposal for my liking

He is a liability, who will cost us a game very very soon.

No starting Dawson up front had nothing to do with a loss of faith by lyons rather it was a clear indication that lyons is still trying work out the best way to adjust the forward line with nick no longer there.

I think Ross Lyon said in a pre game interview that he will mix it up against Hall. That's going to be predominant strategy going against big forwards now...

Thought that was a big win to Lyon tactically. Fish was up for it and nullified Hall who can be a fast starter in games. The club would have been pleased with Zac's defensive efforts as a forward and contesting. Got a fair bit of help from Gilbo and Fish when he went to FB as the pace of the game slowed, but I don't see the problem with that.

I think we need to persist with Zac. The way we play their are very few times he will be left one on one with a power forward. He played some fantastic games last year when his confidence was high, his contested marking and long kicking can be a real asset to us.

Thought that was a big win to Lyon tactically. Fish was up for it and nullified Hall who can be a fast starter in games. The club would have been pleased with Zac's defensive efforts as a forward and contesting. Got a fair bit of help from Gilbo and Fish when he went to FB as the pace of the game slowed, but I don't see the problem with that.

Fisher didn't nullify Hall. Ross did by playing 18 men on him

Fisher didn't nullify Hall. Ross did by playing 18 men on him

Ahh an armchair observer.

Zac did well in the 1 on 1's with Hall and read the played decently whilst up forward. His last 3 weeks have been significantly better than his previous 3.

I think we need to persist with Zac. The way we play there are very few times he will be left one on one with a power forward. He played some fantastic games last year when his confidence was high, his contested marking and long kicking can be a real asset to us.

I agree that we should persist with him. He is improving. I doubt he will be exposed terribly due to the support he gets from the best defence in the league. This defence includes the much maligned Jason Blake, the still maligned Raphael Clarke, Steven Baker, Sam Fisher and Sam Gilbert.

The latter three guys can't be doing all the work.

Have faith that our defence is so good because of the structure and our workrate rather than our personnel. Zac needs more games under his belt and another preseason to build himself up again (something must have gone wrong with this last preseason for him because he returned skinnier than he left at the end of last season.).

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawson must be axed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back