Day After Day After New Year Test: Australia v India @ Sydney (Tue-Sat) Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haddin needs to go. First of all tht dropped catch is unacceptable, but second of all it happened just 2 days after he carried on like a massive tool with his display to the crowd after taking simple catches in the first innings. If I was him I would be feeling like a dead set w***er for what he did and now he deserves to cop everything that comes his way

Haddin needs to go. First of all tht dropped catch is unacceptable, but second of all it happened just 2 days after he carried on like a massive tool with his display to the crowd after taking simple catches in the first innings. If I was him I would be feeling like a dead set w***er for what he did and now he deserves to cop everything that comes his way

Na thats Bad Haddit really..

Atleast hes given up toe poking the stumps and claiming hit wicket :(

Always a **** of a bloke

no doubt they are screening your requests based on Ip. they arent stupid, Anything that would seem troll worthy will be blocked.

There is a significant Indian population in Australia but an influx of australian IP registrations at this moment would raise eyebrows.

I wouldn't bother trolling there.

While we have enough debates here that can cop a ban /wave :D

I dislike the gloaters when Oz are down, that come and laud it over it when we copped a beating from the brits.

I didn't go taunting their forums while Aus was on top.

I may have taunted the boks at the turn of the millenia, but that was like a 1000 years ago and I was still a young lad in my early 30s.

Wait till the come here and then brow beat them. :thumbsu:

had a few taunters on the vic farcebook, copped some abuse from me there, but thats our territory.

read some of their shit on SRT v bradman. Its like arguing with creationists.

I'm claiming the website as my idea as I posted the link on this thread (or the one before it). Look Dad, I have friends!

I can't believe 'Yadavanator' was available...what is wrong with these guys. I hope they accept me into their tight little family so I can have some fun!

Good thread.

Oh god one of them just put Heath Streak in the same paragraph as McGrath, Warne, Ambrose and Walsh.

Good Lord.

Yeah I was reading some of that shit when it was linked yesterday or the day before.

seriously demented stuff.

You can't even argue logic with zealots like that. Its not even as if they are typing some of that crap up to troll others, they believe that Slashin' is the greatest ever.

I gave up debating with pentacostal christians and just post 'an open letter to Dr laura' at every opportunity...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, if looks could kill, there would be daisies sprouting where Bad Hands used to stand.

pattoj.png

The entire argument for Sachin is centred on weight of runs, which itself is a product of longevity. Obviously it indicates he's a bloody good player, but there are just too many variables to compare him to the Don.

In saying that, unbiased debate is a foreign concept over there. Most of them just dismiss 99.94 way too easily. It's a good analogy comparing them to creationists!

Back on topic...****ing Brad Haddin.

The entire argument for Sachin is centred on weight of runs, which itself is a product of longevity. Obviously it indicates he's a bloody good player, but there are just too many variables to compare him to the Don.

In saying that, unbiased debate is a foreign concept over there. Most of them just dismiss 99.94 way too easily. It's a good analogy comparing them to creationists!

Even PakPassion want Haddin dropped

Seems pretty straightforward that if you play for long enough, you will score the most runs.

A concept that is hard to fathom for some.

And yes, **** you Haddin.

In fairness people do that here as well. They say Mark Waugh is a great because he scored 8000 plus runs, even though it was a modest average of 40 (given in the same era boonie averaged 45, border 50, s.waugh 50, deano 45, slats and taylor 42/43 etc). Brett lee gets a lot of credits for his 350 wickets even though its at 30.5.

Pretty sure Lee got a couple of mentions as among the greatest in the greatest bowlers thread, so there are some folks on 'our' side who applaud longevity.

Border, punter and S.Waugh get a lot of credits for cracking 10k runs as well.

that said, I, along with most sane people, regard bradman as the greatest because by the standards of his peers, he's 40 to 50 runs ahead of everyone else of that era and set records accordingly. Slashin is within a band of cricketers averaging 52 to 56 and while he is arguably the best of the current generation, he does not stand out from his peers as bradman did.

Punter, dravid, sangakarra, BCL, Kallis, Hussey amongst others are in that 50 to 60 range.

Slashin' certainly has the longest uninterupted career with about 20 years of continuous batting which gives him a slight edge on the others, however longevity should not be a replacement for excellence, which is what the indian fans do not understand.

By their argument, Lee should be ahead of lindwall and miller because he has more wickets even if its at least 40% more per wicket than those two.

(Waiting for the Kapil Dev is better than McGrath thread because Kapil Dev bowled to better batsmen....)

When I was a little kid in school teams we had "backstops", and a longstop" for the heap of balls the "backstop" invariably missed. Seems our Test team needs one of those "longstops" now...lol!

As an aside, I believe that is the origin of the fielding position known as "third man". From the pre-gloves/pads for wicketkeepers times, behind the wicket you had a short stop near the stumps, a long stop for the ones the short stop missed, and a third man for the ones off the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back