Test India v England (5 Tests) + Ind A v Eng Lions (1 Tour Match and 3 FC games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 156 to get with 5 wickets in hand. McCullum says advantage England

Baz must have the cushiest gig in cricket. Sit in the pavilion, put your feet up, watch your batsmen get out often doing stupid things like Duckett today, have a laugh with those who've been dismissed, tell your players that a loss feels like a win and play golf with the lads.

Just tuned in, on Kayo.

My Pommie mate is still in Cambodia on an insect-and-parasite-infested, street-food-poisoning holiday, but I'm giving him plenty of grief about India versus England, to which he drew my attention with rapturous delight after the First Test.
He's been strangely quiet, since then :roflv1:.

My latest text to him:
"Update:
Crawley dismissed, 100 runs shy of what would have been a brilliant and much needed ton,
but was actually ZERO off 16 non-Bazballs.
Dumbstow wasted another DRS referral when LBW,
oh, but he raced to 39 off 31.
Bazball-Jonny, huzzah!!!

Poms 4/99,
ONLY 160 behind.
It's close mate, hanging on a knife edge ..."

Next:
"Captain Stokes leading from the front by keeping out the Indians for a determined, stonewalling innings of 2 from 10 balls. Unluckily bowled by Ashwin in the over before lunch.

WHAT A LEADER!! :hearteyes::hearteyes:

5/103, BUT scored with swashbuckling entertainment in 22.5 overs.
I am entertained, for sure.
Your 2024 Poms (who have not WON a test series since December 2022) are certainly keen to force a quick result in a blaze of Bazballian glory.
KUDOS to Stokes & Co, for again making the running in this Test and for making the Indians look so good.

Just remember, :sneaky: YOU started this."
As I type, Foakes foaked, 6/113, OH JOY!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely he is the worst player to ever get to 100 tests...

His keeping is beyond embarrassing, and he has a batting average of 35.....

He is a genuine dud at test level.
His strike rate today was outstanding

Did his job for the team. Baz would be proud

Interesting.

If England get another dozen or so runs, they will have batted 10 times this series and passed 200 in 8 of those innings.

I’ve posed this question maybe 10 times in these match threads and no one has really given me a genuine answer:

Would that have been possible or achieved with any other selection approach or tactical approach against this Indian attack?

Interesting.

If England get another dozen or so runs, they will have batted 10 times this series and passed 200 in 8 of those innings.

I’ve posed this question maybe 10 times in these match threads and no one has really given me a genuine answer:

Would that have been possible or achieved with any other selection approach or tactical approach against this Indian attack?
What is the point if India have passed 300 in every test and 396 in all but 1. It worked for Crawley and Duckett but no one else

I wonder who will beat India there in a Test series and when. If it ever happens again

It could very well not be Australia or England, as their series are too long making it harder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Test India v England (5 Tests) + Ind A v Eng Lions (1 Tour Match and 3 FC games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back