Day After Day After New Year Test: Australia v India @ Sydney (Tue-Sat) Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kapil Dev was a batter batsman than McGrath though, you have to give him that. Pretty handy bowler too.

Without a doubt Dev was a great bowler and and in my opinion a great all rounder.

He's probably a better bat than a few who have purported to be batsman.

Tears of laughter. Their arguments follow no cognitive path.

kirkutfan said:
Nah. What we need to do is start a MJ v Tendulkar thread, dig out the stats and analyze their contributions towards their respective sports. I am afraid that just like Bradman, MJ may have to eat crow. MJ poor fellow represented a little town called Chicago, which is smaller than Mumbai, which of course is even smaller than all of India. By that yardstick, MJ (little village idiot wearing nike shoes) should be compared with a Ranji trophy player, not someone as exalted as Tendulkar. Maybe Wasim Jaffer would be a more appropriate counterpart to MJ. However if you still insist in comparing the two- go to you tube and compare MJ highlights with SRT highlights. Now while making that comparison, please note that MJ's videos are state of the art. If you extrapolate the quality of MJ's videos to for example, SRT's Sharjah videos, you will gain a true understanding of how great SRT is...

Read all that, and I challenge your response to not be:

"..what?!"

Wall of incoherent text from "kirkut fan"

jackie-chan-meme.png

I killed so many brain cells trying to comprehend that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I'd chip in on the Bradman v Tendulkar debate.
I'll get some stats up later but Bradman has scored 119 centuries in fc. He also scored 4000 more fc runs than Tendulkar in less innings then Tendulkar. Obviously this indicates that if Bradman played as many innings as Tendulkar he would have scored many more runs. Also, his RPT is 178.90 IIRC.

Thought I'd chip in on the Bradman v Tendulkar debate.
I'll get some stats up later but Bradman has scored 119 centuries in fc. He also scored 4000 more fc runs than Tendulkar in less innings then Tendulkar. Obviously this indicates that if Bradman played as many innings as Tendulkar he would have scored many more runs. Also, his RPT is 178.90 IIRC.

I'm Indian but I will agree with you. Bradman is a batting freak and there will only be one bradman. Tendulkar and Richards were the closest to come to him and that is saying something.

However, Bradman and Richards had never had to deal with the pressures that Tendulkar dealt with. In the 90s, teams could beat India by just getting Tendulkar out. Little support at the other end and shit for bowling. Imagine having Venkatesh Prasad as your 'strike' bowler. Also 1 Billion people who expect him to win/save matches everytime he goes out to bat while also expecting him to score centuries puts insane pressure.

You may not know this but Bradman played during the great depression in Australia, so faced everything Tendulkar has to today on a smaller scale.
However all this is moot because Tendulkar thinks that Bradman is better than him, and the people on icf should realise this.

I'm Indian but I will agree with you. Bradman is a batting freak and there will only be one bradman. Tendulkar and Richards were the closest to come to him and that is saying something.

However, Bradman and Richards had never had to deal with the pressures that Tendulkar dealt with. In the 90s, teams could beat India by just getting Tendulkar out. Little support at the other end and shit for bowling. Imagine having Venkatesh Prasad as your 'strike' bowler. Also 1 Billion people who expect him to win/save matches everytime he goes out to bat while also expecting him to score centuries puts insane pressure.

I know there's a fair few more of you guys than us, but Bradman was under pressure to perform from everyone, not just Aussies.

I know Tendulkar puts bums on seats, but even he doesn't come close to the crowd pulling power The Don had wherever he went. Hell, Bradman could even get capacity crowds to domestic games.

I know there's a fair few more of you guys than us, but Bradman was under pressure to perform from everyone, not just Aussies.

I know Tendulkar puts bums on seats, but even he doesn't come close to the crowd pulling power The Don had wherever he went. Hell, Bradman could even get capacity crowds to domestic games.

I don't understand what you mean by Bradman was under pressure from everyone. Do you mean English fans wanted to see Bradman score. Sachin has similar pressure in England and Australia too. I cringe everytime channel 9 commentators mention his 100th 100 everytime he comes to bat this series. Let the man just bat.

Yeah one more thing. Bradman had a great team. Great batsman who would have been more popular if not for Bradman and a good bowling attack. His team was called the invincibles for god sake. Can you honestly look at the indian teams in the last 20 years and say they were invincibles.

You may not know this but Bradman played during the great depression in Australia, so faced everything Tendulkar has to today on a smaller scale.
However all this is moot because Tendulkar thinks that Bradman is better than him, and the people on icf should realise this.

True but SRT fanatics care more about his records than what the man himself has to say about Bradman. Bradman is the gold standard of batting and I'm happy that Sachin came close enough to be appreciated by Bradman.

I wouldn't bother trolling there.

While we have enough debates here that can cop a ban /wave :D

I dislike the gloaters when Oz are down, that come and laud it over it when we copped a beating from the brits.

I didn't go taunting their forums while Aus was on top.

I may have taunted the boks at the turn of the millenia, but that was like a 1000 years ago and I was still a young lad in my early 30s.

Wait till the come here and then brow beat them. :thumbsu:

had a few taunters on the vic farcebook, copped some abuse from me there, but thats our territory.

read some of their shit on SRT v bradman. Its like arguing with creationists.

Except there is concrete evidence to support that Bradman is easily the best batsman ever.

I'm a creationist, and no one i've met who doesn't subscribe to the theory has come up with anything concrete to confirm whatever alternative view they hold.

Yes I understand that they focus on stats, but only the ones that are skewed. I wonder how many ducks Tendulkar has? If you could find a lesser batsman that has as many ducks in less innings you could tell the people on icf that those batsmen were equal, get them to complain that it's because of longevity and reel them in.
I would argue everyone wanted to see don score because they knew he would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back