Deadpool and Wolverine.

Remove this Banner Ad

The story goes that studio execs didn’t like the yellow suits, thought black suits(following the matrix) would look better in the initiatal X-men movies.

Forgot how bad those look.

I could understand not wearing it in the origins stories or Logan spin offs but in the Xmen they all should have had the cartoon/ comic looks.

I have to say it was an enjoyable movie with a few nice twists and some great cameos.
I loved that Wolverine montage at the start (Deadpool looking for a Logan to help him) where they paid tribute to the old X-Men comic covers featuring Wolverine. I did find Deadpool's constant chatter a bit annoying toward the end, which I guess I was supposed to, as the other characters also felt the same. Reynolds & Jackman worked well together and had screen chemistry, that's for sure. Using the TVA and the void was a clever idea, and I recalled how cool it was when Loki went to the void in the series.

8/10 (Very Good)

Last edited:
I have to say it was an enjoyable movie with a few nice twists and some great cameos.
I loved that Wolverine montage at the start (Deadpool looking for a Logan to help him) where they paid tribute to the old X-Men comic covers featuring Wolverine. I did find Deadpool's constant chatter a bit annoying toward the end, which I guess I was supposed to, as the other characters also felt the same. Reynolds & Jackman worked well together and had screen chemistry, that's for sure. Using the TVA and the void was a clever idea, and I recalled how cool it was when Loki went to the void in the series.

8/10 (Very Good)
wouldve been
epic grouse and ace if loki appeared in the void

Kid Loki would’ve been a good shout.
gq_10-essentials-10-things-the-kid-laroi-cant-live-without.jpg

I'd put it roughly on par with the second Deadpool movie, maybe slightly below. Just glad I wasn't disappointed and it being a piece of crap,really enjoyable even if it could have been better.

If anyone told us back when X-Men came out that we would one day get a Wolverine AND Deadpool movie you would have been checked into a hospital.

The movie slaps. 10/10 easily for me. Did justice to the characters.

Have been overseas for a few weeks so wanted to wait until home to see this one properly. Enjoyed it. It delivers, perhaps not quite to the hype however still a very enjoyable experience.

Usual question marks over the usage of the villain which is a common theme in the MCU so that’s kind of part of the package. Very much enjoyed the Void and the TVA angle, although it’s clear that this film was written/developed well after Loki season 1 so some opportunities for more connective tissue between the two had passed.

Some initial thoughts.

The highlight for me was the car scene. Jackman was ****ing glorious in that, he absolutely nailed that sequence. Especially the usage of silence and his angry breathing, and the simple “I’m going to fight you now”. Brilliant stuff.

Thought Jackman was outstanding in this. Would’ve liked a bit more depth into what happened with his Xmen, I thought that “3rd act flashback” would delve right into (perhaps their cameo budget was already well exceeded by then haha).

Some cracking cameos here. The Cavillrine looked sensational, laughed hard at the “shit****s down the road” comment. 100% true as well. Gold.

Always a fan of Wesley Snipes. Great to see him back. Couldn’t see them at the dining room table at the end so was wondering if they returned to their universe as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God that was an awful movie. The jokes were forced. No laugh out loud moments. And the plot was non sensical and full of plot holes after plot holes. Worst deadpool movie.

Worse then the last thor movie. At least the goats were funny the first time. The dog was not funny at all.

The positives was emma corrin and chris evans characters. Other cameos were meh.

God that was an awful movie. The jokes were forced. No laugh out loud moments. And the plot was non sensical and full of plot holes after plot holes. Worst deadpool movie.

Worse then the last thor movie. At least the goats were funny the first time. The dog was not funny at all.

The positives was emma corrin and chris evans characters. Other cameos were meh.
Stephen Colbert Boyfriend GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Sounds like every other Deadpool movie

Saw it today....will definitely be seeing it again. As someone else said, it was one of my "funnest" cinema experiences ever. Subtle and not-so subtle references were great, fight scenes well-timed and although the plot wasn't great, let's face it...we don't go to Deadpool movies for the plot...we go for 2 hours of comedic release along with some crude language and fun, gory fight scenes. Never going to win Oscars, but a definite 10/10 from me!

Worse than the last Thor movie? Surely not!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Deadpool and Wolverine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back