Hot Topic Death-riding Melbourne in 2025 - May they burn in hell!

Remove this Banner Ad

Really hope we end up keeping this pick.

My guess is that if Kako isn't bid on by pick 11 we trade Dees FF to Richmond.

Tigers should to swap two of their first 7 picks to the 2025 draft. I just hope we don't add a future 3rd as well.
Any deal with the Tigers will depend on if there is a deal to be done with North for pick 2. Tigers would maybe offer 6 & 18 . North will likely want 6 & 10. Could end up being 6 & 11 for 2 and a F2 as a guess. You are right as far as them wanting to spread the load but there will be a few interested parties.

Last year it cost us #11 and #31 to get #10 off Geelong. I suspect it will cost more than a F1 to get back in at 11 if they have it.

Can someone explain the point of "trading back in"?

If Kako is bid on at 5 - 9, picks 28 + 31 + 40 are eaten up, bid on between 10 - 18 then 28 + 31 are eaten up.

What is the idea, Melbournes future first + pick 40 for a pick in the early teens ?
That's the idea, and my guess would be there would only be a couple of players who may still be left after the Kako bid that we'd consider pulling the trigger on.

If Kako is bid on at 5 - 9, picks 28 + 31 + 40 are eaten up, bid on between 10 - 18 then 28 + 31 are eaten up.

What is the idea, Melbournes future first + pick 40 for a pick in the early teens ?
It is more if he is not bid on at 5-9. If we get to pick 10 and the Tigers still have it and 11 then we trade back in. Of course the Tigers may not have it by then.
The other trade back in option is we get to around pick 16 or so and we rate one of the KP forwards left or someone else then we look to get back in.

I am not really a fan of trading back in after a Kako bid. I am more for trading back into a pick before Kako if his bid comes late.

We won’t pick at 28/31 we will either use those picks + F1 to trade up before a Kako bid for a player we like or we trade out to match Kako with up to 4 picks in the 40s or later then back in during the 30s if there are any players we like that have dropped. Then we use the picks we’ve aquired to trade back in for those specific players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not really a fan of trading back in after a Kako bid. I am more for trading back into a pick before Kako if his bid comes late.
Will be costly. That is my issue.

Doesnt have to be for anything other melbournes future first. Richmond may want to spread their draft hand over a few years to even out age profile on the list in coming years.

Another club would’ve made a “spite” bid. Trading back in will avoid this.
I dont think I have ever seen one. History suggests academy bids nearly always fall. Even father / sons go later than expected. Only Jamara is one who was best available in the draft went at 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Death-riding Melbourne in 2025 - May they burn in hell!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back