Review Dees v Tigers: Good Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

THE GOOD

John Travolta Dancing GIF by Hollywood Suite

Midfield all look like they are crook except Gawn. Oliver and Langdon the best of a bunch of hacks. Definitely not getting a return on the amount we are paying them this year.

Backline really solid. May was superb and Howes has been a nice steady surprise.

Forward line outside Disco and Pickett at times were garbage, JVR and Petty look like the new TMac and Brown. Billings meh, got a bit of the ball but his disposal was bad, wouldnt be opposed to spelling him for Laurie, Hunter, Tholstrup or Sestan, Chandler's worst game of the year, ANB tackle pressure good but did next to nothing offensively, Fritsch just his usual self, kicked a couple but heck me he is frustrating and leaves you wanting more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like the last 4 Anzac day eve games have played out the same way, where they throw the kitchen sink at us for 2-3 quarters, we absorb it, then just roll over the top of them for a relatively comfortable victory:

q5vtnmu.jpeg

FkZpOMb.jpeg

Jsc2fMc.jpeg

E8wXYS5.jpeg

The good:

• Disco obviously. Don't think I had him becoming our forward line saviour on my start of year bingo.
  • I think Rivers has improved out of sight this season. Has become a very good and dependable player, and one of our best again tonight.
  • Langdon is just low-key recapturing his 2021 form.
  • Lever and May immense, but you'd expect that with the injuries to KPFs they had.

The bad:

• Petracca, Viney and Oliver all well down. Ranked 21, 22 and 27 on the ground respectively. We're not going to win many with them playing like that.
  • Second game in a row where we've looked fumbly and made a lot of unforced errors. I think a better team would have nailed us tonight.
  • Returned to safe, down-the-line football tonight, and didn't generate much run or possession chains. I hope it was just a one-off and that's not the plan going forward.

The ugly:

• Petty looks mentally cooked. Send him down back or to Casey, because he's not going to do much for us as a forward in the state he's in atm.
  • Richmond supporters. Bunch of idiots who pay money every week just to whinge at the umpires for two hours. The only fans in the league who cheer louder for free kicks than for goals.

Midfield all look like they are crook except Gawn. Oliver and Langdon the best of a bunch of hacks. Definitely not getting a return on the amount we are paying them this year.

Backline really solid. May was superb and Howes has been a nice steady surprise.

Forward line outside Disco and Pickett at times were garbage, JVR and Petty look like the new TMac and Brown. Billings meh, got a bit of the ball but his disposal was bad, wouldnt be opposed to spelling him for Laurie, Hunter, Tholstrup or Sestan, Chandler's worst game of the year, ANB tackle pressure good but did next to nothing offensively, Fritsch just his usual self, kicked a couple but * me he is frustrating and leaves you wanting more.
I actually thought JVR improved as the game went on but still far from his best. Petty on the other hand looks so low on confidence and even when he gets a chance he completely butchers it. Fritsch is a funny one, he's equal 4th in the Coleman medal going into this round yet as been average at best. He's the sort of player that can do sweet f all but when de does something it's damaging. Mcadam could probably be another one of those players when he comes in. Awful as our forward line has been, I actually think we may not be too far off seeing what the best mix could be. I haven't completely lost faith in petty but he either needs to go back and get some confidence back on he stays forward but in the vfl.

1st half was garbage

2nd half much better

Disco was a revelation. Laurie getting a couple of cheeky goals hopefully gives some confidence.

We look a different side with Kozzy.

Lever and May were superb..f* knows where we'd be without one or both of these guys. Lever is actually having a pretty good season.

Petty garbage. Needs to go back to defence. I'd rather Schache or Fullerton over him right now.

Foot skills were disastrous 1st half. Improved 2nd half. Maybe the week off had some affect.

5-2 and not playing our best is a good result. Although next 2 games we'll have to improve drastically to get a win.

Feels like the last 4 Anzac day eve games have played out the same way, where they throw the kitchen sink at us for 2-3 quarters, we absorb it, then just roll over the top of them for a relatively comfortable victory:

q5vtnmu.jpeg

FkZpOMb.jpeg

Jsc2fMc.jpeg

E8wXYS5.jpeg

The good:

• Disco obviously. Don't think I had him becoming our forward line saviour on my start of year bingo.
  • I think Rivers has improved out of sight this season. Has become a very good and dependable player, and one of our best again tonight.
  • Langdon is just low-key recapturing his 2021 form.
  • Lever and May immense, but you'd expect that with the injuries to KPFs they had.

The bad:

• Petracca, Viney and Oliver all well down. Ranked 21, 22 and 27 on the ground respectively. We're not going to win many with them playing like that.
  • Second game in a row where we've looked fumbly and made a lot of unforced errors. I think a better team would have nailed us tonight.
  • Returned to safe, down-the-line football tonight, and didn't generate much run or possession chains. I hope it was just a one-off and that's not the plan going forward.

The ugly:

• Petty looks mentally cooked. Send him down back or to Casey, because he's not going to do much for us as a forward in the state he's in atm.
  • Richmond supporters. Bunch of idiots who pay money every week just to whinge at the umpires for two hours. The only fans in the league who cheer louder for free kicks than for goals.
It's eerie tbh. I said the same to a mate tonight. This game is dejavu. It's the same every year.

If you said to me start if 2024 that McVee and Howes would be as solid as they are and cemented in best 22, I would have lmfao. But they just keep being solid every week. Next 2 weeks will be a big challenge though.

This is actually such a weird film. Funny story too.

It's based on a new york times article on disco, but the journalist assigned to write about it never actually went to a disco. He wasn't even american, he was a british guy, and like most journalists I guess he just made the whole thing up lol. In actual fact discos were mostly black gay dudes taking acid for days at a time, but now of course everyone thinks discos were like this italiano guy pulling funny moves in a pair of flares because that's what the white people in hollywood said it was.

And the whole movie is ****ed anyway, like it ends with travolta raping a woman and then he goes to her place a day later like "uh oh spaggethi oh, do you wanna be friends?" and she's like "yeah ok!" and the credits roll with the sun rising over manahtten, like what the actual heck is that.

This is actually such a weird film. Funny story too.

It's based on a new york times article on disco, but the journalist assigned to write about it never actually went to a disco. He wasn't even american, he was a british guy, and like most journalists I guess he just made the whole thing up lol. In actual fact discos were mostly black gay dudes taking acid for days at a time, but now of course everyone thinks discos were like this italiano guy pulling funny moves in a pair of flares because that's what the white people in hollywood said it was.

And the whole movie is ****ed anyway, like it ends with travolta raping a woman and then he goes to her place a day later like "uh oh spaggethi oh, do you wanna be friends?" and she's like "yeah ok!" and the credits roll with the sun rising over manahtten, like what the actual * is that.
No surprise. Most movies of that era were weirdly rapey.

Those dance scenes are legit though.

Whilst Petty was garbage, i'm watching the replay now and I can't believe how many absolute shanks were kicked in his direction. if he'd received the passes he should have from AFL standard players how would've easily had another half a dozen possessions alone in the first half.

Might've given him the confidence he needed. Instead he just looks like he doesn't belong out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back