Review Dees v Port West Horsham: Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Kent, he marked the ball and kicked the goal, couldn't have asked for it in the hands of anybody better at that time with the game on the line. Bad defending or not who gives a shit, ill take those goals in the clutch from Brown all day every ****ing day.

Kent, he marked the ball and kicked the goal, couldn't have asked for it in the hands of anybody better at that time with the game on the line. Bad defending or not who gives a s*t, ill take those goals in the clutch from Brown all day every ****** day.
Agree, and to me it shows BBB still has a little bit of value left. A liability defensively, sure, but does know how to move as a forward and generally nails the chances he gets - either his own shots or finding someone else inside 50.

Agree, and to me it shows BBB still has a little bit of value left. A liability defensively, sure, but does know how to move as a forward and generally nails the chances he gets - either his own shots or finding someone else inside 50.
I dont think hes best 22, we all know his short comings, but if he is getting a game and kicks 1-3 goals a game and is setting a couple up I dont care if I think hes best 22 or not, hes contributing and thats fine with me. Save the hate for a week where he costs us a game rather than one he helped us win.

Last edited:

Kent, he marked the ball and kicked the goal, couldn't have asked for it in the hands of anybody better at that time with the game on the line. Bad defending or not who gives a s*t, ill take those goals in the clutch from Brown all day every ****** day.
I’m proud of you A11.

Us Clarry and BBB fans need to say enough is enough

I dont think hes best 22, we all know his short comings, but if he is getting a game and kicks 1-3 goals a game and is setting a couple up I dont care if I think hes best 22 or not, hes contributing and thats fine with me. Save the hate for a week were he costs us a game rather than one he helped us win.
Ok so I’m ever so slightly less proud of you now

I’m proud of you A11.

Us Clarry and BBB fans need to say enough is enough
Look, its well known im Clarry's #1 supporter on this board, that is true, but steady on with the BBB fan there PG.

Brown and Fritsch will get a dozen touches between them each week, if half those are goals we are in good shape.

Perfect world I think Brown is in the 2s when we get to the pointy end but good on him for getting himself fit and taking his chances in the first month.

Well this started when old mate said he took a pack mark over 2 defenders, but sure let's pretend it wasn't Ratugolea and Picketts snap shouldn't have been spoiled either that's just great Melbourne play

I gave Brown a vote, still doesn't make that mark something special

think i've watched the fritta yelling '* you' to the port bogans in the pocket 100 times, hilarious! god they have some disgusting fans
Not quite the port fan in 2021 who actually gave tmac advice on a shot

Best part of the year so far is I think you'd struggle to name our top 5 BNF. ANB is a certainty

Then I reckon everyone has a different top 5
Stevie May probably, in mine. Gawn stinky first round but good since. Viney probably.

I don't think leaving Trac and Oliver out of it ATM is that crazy and that's a great sign for this year.

Well this started when old mate said he took a pack mark over 2 defenders, but sure let's pretend it wasn't Ratugolea and Picketts snap shouldn't have been spoiled either that's just great Melbourne play

Brown's towering mark should have been nominated for mark of the year imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not gonna complain too much but Brown/JVR/Fritsch doesn't work. They were all s**t really but Brown used it well. His 3 goals were a piss weak free kick and 2 uncontested marks. That's not playing well that's luck. Won't repeat it and I'll stand by that.
JVR looked lost, no idea where he needs to be to impact the game.

I'll take the win but reckon we lose that more often than not.
Lol let's be real. That goal in the last was Tracs goal, we turned it over high and then because Brown can't move he was standing out the back without an opponent.
Not getting goals that easy come finals time.
It's not being harsh, he ran back into the 50 and no one ran with him? It was ******* s**t defending lol, Fritsch had his man done cold and Brown took a simple uncontested mark over the back instead. The defenders completely taken out by Fritsch lol.

Fritsch is there by the way as well when Gawn marks. Looks like Ratugolea was browns man and got stuck standing on the mark and no one swapped.
If Brown doesn't mark that he legitimately should be subbed on the spot.

There's 20s from Gawns kick to the mark, it's embarrassing from Port.

Oh My God What GIF

Something that hasn't been mentioned of yet, but did anyone see Blake Howes give that sniping dog in Willie Rioli an absolute mouthful after he's little cheap shot on McVee when he was laying on the ground.. i think it was in the 2nd quarter.

Loved it by Howes, and good to see a 4th gamer show a bit of prick and stand up for his teammate. Something we've lacked over the years.

Something that hasn't been mentioned of yet, but did anyone see Blake Howes give that sniping dog in Willie Rioli an absolute mouthful after he's little cheap shot on McVee when he was laying on the ground.. i think it was in the 2nd quarter.

Loved it by Howes, and good to see a 4th gamer show a bit of prick and stand up for his teammate. Something we've lacked over the years.

I’ve said it ad nauseam but we are a better team when we play angry and on the edge.

It's interesting that we are playing Kozzy pretty deep inside F50 this year. He's often the deepest forward coming out of the goal square instead of roaming up the ground.

Kind of like how Brisbane play Charlie Cameron trying to exploit the other team with pace out the back, except I can't remember Kozzy kicking a goal out the back yet. He's definitely seemingly kicking more goals from marks on the lead though. Maybe keeping him fresher for his stints in the middle?

Can't wait till we have McAdam and Kozz in the same forward line.

He did. And then retreated pretty quickly when Rioli stood back up to him. But I liked the initial reaction.
But we do need much more of this. After that gutless reaction to the Maynard hit, I've lost trust in the players to stand up for each other. That was so incredibly weak.

Stuff the Essendon edge, I want to see some Melbourne mongrel and the best thing about the port game was tom McDonald letting rozee know about his flopping and Petty being a pest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back