Degrassi Junior High - Wheels in a FOOTSCRAY jumper: Circa '87.

Remove this Banner Ad

hitman44 said:
Still no one knows why he had the footscray jumper on in the first place ???????

A Degrassi-loving (but not football-loving) friend has sent me this, taken from Kit Hood's script notes (whoever that is...)

Barry Round came to Degrassi as the new head of Drama in the second series, sparking an unrequited crush from Melanie and an intra-faculty rivalry with the Biology head, Stephen Kernahan. Wheels wore the jumper partially to taunt Melanie about the love she could never know but also to remind Round and Kernahan that their similarities, both on and off the field, were more important than their differences over educational procedure.
At the end of the series Round saves Kernahan’s life when a routine frog dissection goes horribly wrong and a tearful Wheels gives him the jumper as the two teachers resign together to start new lives as roaming educators in the wilds of British Columbia. Wheels is completely bare-chested for the entire third series, until Ken Fraser comes to the school and presents him with a vintage Essendon gersey in a clumsily inadequate effort to make up for causing the car crash that claimed the life of Wheel’s parents. In a macabre twist, it’s this very gersey that Wheels is wearing when he has the drunken car accident that tragically blinds Lucy in the movie-length ‘Schools Out’ post-Degrassi High TV special.

I never watched Degrassi, so it means nowt to me. Hopefully it helps some of you...

bass_drum said:
Wheels is completely bare-chested for the entire third series, until Ken Fraser comes to the school and presents him with a vintage Essendon gersey in a clumsily inadequate effort to make up for causing the car crash that claimed the life of Wheel’s parents.

Well now we know why he wore an Essendon guernsey in the never before seen edition with Australian guest cast members.....

Now, why was he wearing a Footscray guernsey?

Dogwatcher said:
Now, why was he wearing a Footscray guernsey?

Same reason Pugwall wore a bandana. To look cool.

jason1.jpg

anyone with some common sense , copy of degassi high and a long distance call should be able to get the answer from the production company I am sure they would love to help

Degrassi Junior High was good, but lost a little when it became Degrassi High.
Just like in The Wonder Years when Kevin grew up and Paul got rid of his glasses - the magic of the earlier eps was missing a bit.
Press Gang was good value though in that ABC afternoon slot.

Dogwatcher said:
Good name for a band that.
I believe that the Joey's jacket was purchased from Rick, who was the "bad boy" Caitlan attempted to turn into a model student.

I enjoyed the later episodes when Arthur had become rich and stuck up and his old mate Yick started hanging out with the wrong crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adrian Shelton said:
I can still rememeber Clutch getting drunk and Lucy kneeing him in the stones!!!!
Clutch's car was used in the dodgy film clip that Lucy filmed for Zit Remedy. He only agreed to the car being used cos he wanted a bit of Lucy.

The worst character was Alex, that moron with glasses. He was the first to see the potential in Tessa Campinelli however

Brad-clare said:
Yes Secret Valley the best show when I was a kid would loe to see it again.

with bad-boy snake and his gang, max cullen hamming it up as the greedy property developer (or something) and those delightful buchanan children winning the day with booby-traps, stink-bombs and the like.

timthefish said:
with bad-boy snake and his gang, max cullen hamming it up as the greedy property developer (or something) and those delightful buchanan children winning the day with booby-traps, stink-bombs and the like.

Does anyone know where I could get a copy of the Secret Valley series?

SCHOOL'S OUT!

has anyone seen it available on DVD yet? The Degrassi seasons 1,2 & 3 are now on sale...The screengrabs I got of Wheels in that FOOTSCRAY jumper are on the Season One DVD...So I'm hoping SCHOOL'S OUT on DVD isn't far away...

Ok this is weird. I bought the DVDs as a xmas present and we have been watching them lately, starting at the start of course and I almost lost it when I spotted the footscray jumper. A few episodes earlier Joey is wearing a Roy Lichtenstein t-shirt, (which has no relevance to anything other than the fact that I wouldn't have noticed either when watching it originally).

Oh and Lucy was the hottest

dread and might said:
Ok this is weird. I bought the DVDs as a xmas present and we have been watching them lately, starting at the start of course and I almost lost it when I spotted the footscray jumper. A few episodes earlier Joey is wearing a Roy Lichtenstein t-shirt, (which has no relevance to anything other than the fact that I wouldn't have noticed either when waching it originally).

Also Spike wore many cool 80's band shirts like The Cure & The Smiths

dread and might said:
Ok this is weird. I bought the DVDs as a xmas present and we have been watching them lately, starting at the start of course and I almost lost it when I spotted the footscray jumper. A few episodes earlier Joey is wearing a Roy Lichtenstein t-shirt, (which has no relevance to anything other than the fact that I wouldn't have noticed either when waching it originally).

yeah, its sure funny watching them again. there is some really good writing and acting in that show.

and caitlin was the hottest

zero said:
yeah, its sure funny watching them again. there is some really good writing and acting in that show.

and caitlin was the hottest
The worst was that big fat one, I think it was named Nancy...character was a do-gooder always helping out with school functions and the actress was an absolute dog :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Degrassi Junior High - Wheels in a FOOTSCRAY jumper: Circa '87.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back