Degrassi Junior High - Wheels in a FOOTSCRAY jumper: Circa '87.

Remove this Banner Ad

Joey Jeremiah walking nude (except for a tactfully placed hat) through the school canteen to make money to buy a car.

And re Cities of Gold, the 3rd season went pretty crazy. the producers seemed to think it appropriate for the Olmecs to be evil aliens. Really bizarre. That was my favourite show.

Always loved a bit of Peter G'day Russell G'day Clark myself.

And Pugwall was no comparison to Pugwash, the cartoon pirate of a similar time slot. I'm not sure if this difference means I am younger or older than the other posters.

There was also a show with an old witch and a kid called teabag.

Obviously, props to the usual suspects: DM, Superted and Bananaman

Joey Jeremiah walking nude (except for a tactfully placed hat) through the school canteen to make money to buy a car.

And re Cities of Gold, the 3rd season went pretty crazy. the producers seemed to think it appropriate for the Olmecs to be evil aliens. Really bizarre. That was my favourite show.

Always loved a bit of Peter G'day Russell G'day Clark myself.

And Pugwall was no comparison to Pugwash, the cartoon pirate of a similar time slot. I'm not sure if this difference means I am younger or older than the other posters.

Back in the day...

Same reason Pugwall wore a bandana. To look cool.
Absolutely. Anyone else remember the "Orange Organics", Molly's guest appearance, or my favourite, the miming of a song with Mexican caracas, with the caracas clicking bearing no influence on how the female singer was using them?

I doubt any country on the planet does such watchable cr@ ptac-ular kids shows like Australia :D

Absolutely. Anyone else remember the "Orange Organics", Molly's guest appearance, or my favourite, the miming of a song with Mexican caracas, with the caracas clicking bearing no influence on how the female singer was using them?

I doubt any country on the planet does such watchable cr@ ptac-ular kids shows like Australia :D

I made a post on the Brisbane board about Pugwall a few days ago, I had the hots for the female singer so bad.

Since this thread has the attention of all the people who used to watch The Afternoon Show on ABC....

I wish to share with you some exciting news...

Guess what is coming to DVD!?

What about the show on ABC in the early eighties called Sweet n Sour with David Reyne. Show about a basement band. Does anyone remember this show? None of my friends have even heard of it.

http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/tv/variety/sweetandsour.htm

I was sure I posted in this thread...then again I attach myself to any Sweet and Sour mention. :eek:

Knew Sandy Lillingstone ( next door 80s blonde) who lived in the Parks area in Adelaide...last I saw of her was in a bear suit on Bananas in Pyjamas. ( well I saw her name in the credits )

Wonder where she is now

I've got a theory about this Footscray jumper. Metal Mickey another Canadian show from the '80s also had a character that once wore a Footscray jumper.

Somewhere, for some strange reason in Canada, a television production company have a props container with a Footscray jumper in it.

Metal mickey was not a Canadian show. It was British.

Great thread.

Re: the Doggies guernsey, I'd heard (and it might be mentioned earlier in the thread,but I can't be stuffed searching for it) that a writer, or someone high up in the production of the show was an expat Aussie and Footscray supporter, and had the jumper added to the cast wardrobe.

Did anyone else find those Degrassi twins the most irritating characters in the history of television?

Did anyone else find those Degrassi twins the most irritating characters in the history of television?

Heather and Erica.

I remember one of them got an abortion.

You always knew it would be a good episode of Degrassi when they did a special "Parantal Guidance Advised" message beforehand.

c3_019.jpg

stacie_lrg.jpg
OMG caitlin!,we're all getting old.:eek:

Caitlin was HOT!!! Aged very well too!!!:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You always knew if it was going to be a good episode of Degrassi if they had a parental warning at the start.

That meant it was going to be one of the following episodes.

- Shane messes himself up on acid
- Heather and Erica's adventure to the abortion clinic
- Dwayne getting aids
- Claude shooting himself in the school toilet
- Wheels nearly getting molested.

Good times. I miss the afternoon show.

5.00 Mysterious Cities of Gold.
5.25 Dangermouse
5.30 Degrassi
5.55 Roger Ramjet/Banaman
6.00 Peter 'Gday' Russel 'Gday' Claaaaaaaark
Hahahaha ....Oh God I feel old right now. Wheels in a Footscray guernsey eh? That blew my mind....why? where? how?

At last, I have the technology...A lot has been spoken about it on 3AW with Tony Leonard and occasionally on these boards...

Degrassi Junior High...and the episode where Wheels is seen wearing a FOOTSCRAY jumper...

It's now available on DVD, and for those of you who have heard about it, but not seen the vision...Here's the screenshots. (I hope...)

x1pAdjo0uCo2H3A_bPu87a9U3m_-RONcqW7btkgqmq9mBN_Rzsphn3QQZjoIiYU1m55rc_0h16IbG4gGx7gBNc3z1UXPJdGOBMhxerWlVmTGpFubYGJzvfheRGGnaLNchdQsOae0MZ6d3eWhRLviOQHWQ

x1pAdjo0uCo2H3A_bPu87a9U3m_-RONcqW7btkgqmq9mBM_Jy3pUAf5eH-33tWMG8yetuy8mpWsXU2jzggaPww4qc04zMxk-jwfHQOfOzVqCeTXRdGj7HhZkQcyxMHarkouwcLfNgcXvTb2q42WoXTGig

x1pAdjo0uCo2H3A_bPu87a9U3m_-RONcqW7btkgqmq9mBN_Rzsphn3QQZjoIiYU1m55rc_0h16IbG4gGx7gBNc3z1UXPJdGOBMhxerWlVmTGpFubYGJzvfheRGGnaLNchdQsOae0MZ6d3eWhRLviOQHWQ

The questions to ask?

*How did he get hold of this jumper in Canada in 1987?

*Did he realise what he was wearing was a VFL Footscray jumper from Australia?

It features on the Degrassi Junior High DVD - Season One Episode: It's Late!

The scene has Joey Jeremiah, Wheels and Shane discussing whether or not Shane had sex with Spike.

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Wheels in a Footscray jumper.

Your thoughts?

hhahahahah . . . finally someone's tracked this down for me. . :D

mad props. :thumbsu:

p.s. i have no idea why.

Wow thats crazy!

How young they look there, in the Next Gen episodes Joey has gone the Mil Hanna

Sorry dont know how to post pics on here :eek: but Nicole Eggert from Charles in Charge aged very well as well, someone else might be able to post on here :eek:

Or maybe an adult Punky Brewster (Soleil Moon Frye) pre surgery :D

oh hell yesssss!!
t-Bag and the pearls of wisdom!
awesome
this thread is great
now to make it the best thread ever, can someone plsssss remember the lyrics to the "bangers & mash" theme song?

Remove this Banner Ad

Degrassi Junior High - Wheels in a FOOTSCRAY jumper: Circa '87.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back