Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't draft Jack, I was hanging out with his sister last week and she's just moved to Melbourne to see him more. No elite marathoners in Perth for her to train with!

This trade period seems like allot of offers are being made to allot of contracted players with there clubs all being seriously interested.

I think the landscape has significantly changed this year, what used to be a rarity (contracted players leaving clubs) is the norm. It will be interesting to see if the trend continues..

An earlier article posted said he had spoken and took the advice of his coach to change his game and try to be a midfielder so he went about learning the running patterns and strategy of the midfield.
So he remodelled his game/attitude and had a BOG game as a mid in the SA GF in front of 38 000 + crowd he got 28 disposals and 12 clearance plus a goal against Port Adelaide may be worth a late pick .

Agree with your sentiment but I think his pace is most likely an issue.

Pass on Trengove.

Someone make the case he is better than a fit Scott Selwood.

I haven't seen him play- only started watching Melbourne after Roosy took over and taught that lot to tackle.

Being a top 2 draft pick and becoming Melbourne's youngest ever captain (although ill fated now) presumably provides some insight into the quality gulf between him and Selwood.

I certainly wouldn't be adverse to trading pick 11 for Trengrove and pick 23.

As someone mentioned before pick 23 would put us into the box seat in securing the services of Cockatoo or Garlett, the former I would strongly consider at pick 11 anyway.

In all honesty this sounds way too good to be true, can't see it happening- but if the opportunity arose I'd take it.

Just how shot must Trengrove and his foot be if Melbourne would entertain trading their 23yr old former skipper aaannnnd pick 23 for just pick 12?

That's a very worrying sign.

If he's completely recovered from his foot injuries and there hasn't been a major impact on his ability to play then we should jump on this opportunity with pick 11 as it is an absolute bargain.

Something just doesn't add up here though....

Just how shot must Trengrove and his foot be if Melbourne would entertain trading their 23yr old former skipper aaannnnd pick 23 for just pick 12?

That's a very worrying sign.

If he's completely recovered from his foot injuries and there hasn't been a major impact on his ability to play then we should jump on this opportunity with pick 11 as it is an absolute bargain.

Something just doesn't add up here though....
Could be less about his injury and more about a breakdown between club and player, given the difficulties both have had. Maybe he just needs a fresh start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be very disappointed if we don't pick up a gun player next year during trade period. Surely we have plenty of Money to play with with Cox & Glass gone, let alone Kerr, Embley etc over the last couple of years.

I know it is early days but how many of us have uttered similar thoughts in previous years?

Is he on the table? I doubt Carlton would trade him to be honest. Talk of Bell being the next Kouta, so I watched him in a couple of games last year...doppelgänger, but doesn't play like Kouta...not yet anyways.
I don't rate Bell at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back