Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Garlett, who went to Melbourne for peanuts?

I doubt that would be a career defining trade for Simpson if we landed Garlett.

No point trading in any old player that is available, the best option may be to go to the National Draft.

Further to that we may not have been told what players our team has been talking to, not everything leaks to the media.

And all this chat about Sinclair has apparently come to nought. Or, if we do a deal today, it'll be too late for us to do anything else on the back of it.

This is the disappointing aspect of this trade period. Sincs obviously isn't very highly regarded.

I doubt that would be a career defining trade for Simpson if we landed Garlett.
Why does it need to be "career-defining"?

It's an example of a handy player who went cheap.

No point trading in any old player that is available, the best option may be to go to the National Draft.
If that's the case, then why didn't we try harder to improve our draft position?

You wanted Garlett , with a host of off field problems and we have Hill / Lecras / Karpany / Newman ... bit surplus to our needs .
At that price, I'd certainly consider him. Karpany and Newman are basically unproven.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could be wrong but I thought I saw it mentioned somewhere that garlett wanted to stay in Melbourne
Maybe. But Melbourne are awful. Have we lost the ability to persuade players?

Ultimately, Garlett is one example of us apparently not being too keen to trade.

At that price, I'd certainly consider him. Karpany and Newman are basically unproven.

One of my recruiter mates who really liked Karpany before we drafted him asked me what we had done to him.

Has the tools, hopefully he learns to use them.

Freo are trying to bundle up picks to move ahead of us in the first round draft order
No, they're trying to get in to the top 10 of the draft which will mean they end up ahead of us but I doubt they are saying to themselves they specifically need to get ahead of west coast.

It doesn't have to be an absolute top-line midfielder. And, frankly, if we had gone the other route and improved our draft position, I'd have accepted that. It's a different course of action but would still have strengthened our hand at the draft.

I'd have considered offers for Masten, LeCras and Brown. Maybe package those guys (individually) with our second pick and see what comes back.

I wonder if we looked at Higgins as a free agent? I wonder what kind of deal was proposed for Conca?

And all this chat about Sinclair has apparently come to nought. Or, if we do a deal today, it'll be too late for us to do anything else on the back of it.

you realise you are not the actual west coast list manager right?
because you kind of strut around here like you are and everyone else's opinion is worthless.

you get this is just a footy forum and not the official AFL house right?

Maybe. But Melbourne are awful. Have we lost the ability to persuade players?

Ultimately, Garlett is one example of us apparently not being too keen to trade.
It's actually an example if us not being too keen in Garlett.

you realise you are not the actual west coast list manager right?
Of course. Someone asked me who else I would have considered trading.

Should I have given a standard dumbshit response that "I'm not the list manager"?

you get this is just a footy forum and not the official AFL house right?
You struggle.

Basil Zempilas on 6PR saying that we're going to make a trade today... Going to listen in, hopefully he's not bullshitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back