Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, he's not a certainty for number 1 its still possible Mccartin could be no. 1 imo. He would just be by far and away the best option for WCE if we had pick 1.

I think picks 4, 6 and 7 would be far and away the best option if we had 1.

I think he is. I don't see any of this years talls differentiating themselves that much. McCartin is probably the best of the lot but he looks a grade lower than Patton and Boyd did.

Pettraca also has upside as well, hasn't been playing football seriously for a long enough time to fully develop his game.

And both Gaff and Darling are deficient in critical areas of their game, and some didn't like this being pointed out because at the time Darling was the next Carey and Gaff the next Pendles or Dal Santo, it's this sort of hyperbole that is counter productive. At both ends of the performance spectrum this sort of nonsense generally proves to be unfounded.

The critical deficiencies being?

Are you referring to their deficiencies being highlighted then or now?

I'd say they are well and truly highlighted these days. It's what happens when your team under performs for 2 seasons i guess.

Most certainly then. Gaff's contested game was highlighted before he was drafted and Darling had obvious problems with his contested marking, agility and clean hands. The later he has improved.

You'd think our "advantage" would be the homesickness thing. Only how often has that worked out for us?

We lured Sharrod the turnip back, and had our pants pulled down in the process. I'd like to see more of the lads from the expansion clubs start feeling a bit nostalgic.

I just remembered Yeo though, which shouldn't go unmentioned. And we still gave up more then we had to.
We also lured back the likes of Chick and Stenglien. Plus Cripps for a good price too.

Only so many you can pull back mate! And if you think Yeo was overs then you are mistaken. It was one, along with Polec, that the lions didn't want to let go.

Ask the board of their opinion of Yeo vs pick 28..... Absolute no brainer!!!!

I think he is. I don't see any of this years talls differentiating themselves that much. McCartin is probably the best of the lot but he looks a grade lower than Patton and Boyd did.

Pettraca also has upside as well, hasn't been playing football seriously for a long enough time to fully develop his game.
Agreed, Patton and Boyd are/were better than Mccartin and thats before the diabetes thing which whilst might not be a huge issue does add to the risk with him.

Why was a jumping jack with the stickiest of the icky hands rated behind Sheppard? And Jetta for that reason?

When taken in the official BF mock draft (at pick 27):
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...eal-deal-selections-only-thread.649044/page-2

He has variously been compared to Steve Johnson and Brett Burton and there are definite similarities there to both. Fyfe will play as forward in the AFL either in a pocket or more likely as a half forward. For his size he is probably the best mark available in this draft. He has a very nice leap and when he gets his hands on the ball it usually sticks. Like Johnson he does not have top shelf speed (he tested pretty ordinary in this respect at Camp) but has very good endurance for a half forward and will often try and run his opposition player into the ground working up onto the wings.
At present I think the biggest issue for him is to find ways to get more of the ball. He is a low possession winner at present and whilst he still has an influence on the game his endurance should allow him to get more of it than he currently does. He did some very nice things at the Champs for WA and in the WAFL colts he had some very big games including one where he picked up 8 goals from 16 marks

Cheers, should be a good read.

jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

But with less smile

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope Karps turns it on in the preseason. God knows we've been so starved of silky skilful recruits of late.

I actually hope he's settling in ok - an interrupted year and being away from home doesn't bode all that well for someone who seems a bit reserved.

Malcolm is happy in W.A with his host family. Yes he is reserved and yes he misses his girlfriend but he is used to living away from home. He spent the last couple of years at boarding school. With a big preseason he hopes to play seniors with E.P next year and nor reserves and some AFL games to show his talent. Watch his quick hands.

Masten has been e
Malcolm is happy in W.A with his host family. Yes he is reserved and yes he misses his girlfriend but he is used to living away from home. He spent the last couple of years at boarding school. With a big preseason he hopes to play seniors with E.P next year and nor reserves and some AFL games to show his talent. Watch his quick hands.
Im really looking forward to seeing karps play, hopefully he makes it.

You know him personally?
Genuine question

I thought I heard something in jamie bennells introduction presser and just re watched to confirm- apparently ever since he was drafted in 2008, the eagles made it clear that they were interested. That suggests we are at least getting in the ear of the WA boys. The press conference was late 2012, and given the same recruiting team, it suggests we are still speaking to the players we're interested in.

I thought I heard something in jamie bennells introduction presser and just re watched to confirm- apparently ever since he was drafted in 2008, the eagles made it clear that they were interested. That suggests we are at least getting in the ear of the WA boys. The press conference was late 2012, and given the same recruiting team, it suggests we are still speaking to the players we're interested in.

If that's the case then it's good news.

Unless he meant they were interested in him prior to the draft in 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back