Delist / Trade Thread ...Have your say

Remove this Banner Ad

But when he gets the ball he always seems to ether offload is straight away because he shits himself or hold it for too damn long and get caught.

Wins a lot of one on one, contested balls, pretty glad to see him offload it straight away in that case. Linking up and handballing around half back is a vital way to set up play.

As you said he's very fast, so I don't think he'll be getting caught too often. I love seeing him back himself, run a little bit further and kick long, its a great thing for a defender to do.

Some of the suggestions in this thread are seriously embarrassing.

Won't even go into detail in regards to the Armfield critisism. Has been brilliant for the last 10 or so weeks and was great against Brisbane.

I'm really loving the Armfield, Russell, Joseph combination at the moment.

If our tall backs can have a relatively injury free fun next year then our backline will be in very good shape.

Deadset hack? hahahaha mate you and scullman are a joke, learn to watch the game! Armfield is going to be at carlton for the next 10 years and is definitely in our best 22. He has improved massively this year and is only going to get better and better. 90% of the time he convincingly beats his opponent and shuts them down on the day! Get over your pre concieved ideas that he is a bad kick aswell, go back and look at his disposal effectiveness, his kickign has improved 10 fold. Yes it does still need a bit of work, but go back and watch some games and look at some of long effective kicks he has done, some were absolutely sublime. Even if you go and watch the collingwood game from last year i think where he runs down the wing evades a player covers the wing with a couple of bounces then pinpoints it with a low driving kick to fev on the chest and fev puts it through the big sticks! It just shows how good a kick he can be and in time if he can do that 9 out of 10 times he is going to be a star. Even look at some of the great left foot kicks he has done aswell, he isn't afraid to go on his non prefered which is a great attribute. You haters of Army need to get over yourselves and watch the game properly.

This. :thumbsu:

We should trade Grigg, Bentnick and Fisher

Delist bloody Wiggo - he still can't kick and it's always panic stations when he gets the ball.

Delist

Bentick
Fisher
Hartlett
Bannister
Wiggins
Pfeiffer
Edwards
Bentley

Trade

Grigg ( Melb? )
O'Hailpin ( Syd?)
Hampson ( Hawthorn? )
Anderson (Bris?)
Yarran ( WCE? )
Betts ( Bulldogs?)
Browne ( Freo?)
Jacobs ( Port? )
Cloke ( Richmond?)

CFC should take some risks this draft and unload some players that clubs would be interested in order to recruit some players that they can look to help improve the side .

13-9, % of 110, played finals, beat some good sides and you want to decimate the list. Seriously mate, you just won the Oscar for absolute stupidity.

I have no idea why some fans are calling for 'drastic' list changes/trades ...

We're going to cull maybe 3 or 4 players (not including rookies) max, I think the likes of Edwards and Hartlett are in deep dog doo, and maybe trade away or trade for other players or picks from another club ...

If it ain't broke (which is isn't IMHO) no need to fix it, some people are suggesting that we should make as many list changes as Richmond, which is ridiculous...

Possibly we might be able to trade Bentick to Sydney or Port Adelaide for a 4th/5th rnd pick, but apart from that, I'm happy with our list as it is, no need for wholesale changes/moves.

Delist bloody Wiggo - he still can't kick and it's always panic stations when he gets the ball.

agree with bold, But wiggo is the soul of the team. No way would we delist wiggo:thumbsu:. Grigg deserves to stay.

Get rid of bentley!!!
And recruit a CHF in the making and a guttsy midfielder. ;)

With Warnock / Hampson rucking, Kreuze to CHF:

Jacobs and second round pick to Port for Boak.

In this case Lade has retired, Jacobs has upside given his start to the season, and our Second Pick could get a descent Victorian Midfielder home.

Pick 11 and Fish to Bulldogs for Lake (late swapping of picks or icing of cake if needed)

In this case if Lake wants out, and we have the room in the cap, and the Bulldogs want a deal in the end then our First Pick, maybe Fish as a marking option up front for them and the icing would be late swapping of Picks or instead of Fish an Austin or Carlos etc to plug a gap down back.

I would rather the first part, and am not suggesting that the Bulldogs would just give him a way, but their hand maybe forced.

Pick 11 and Fish and icing on cake if needed to St Kilda for Ball

In this case it is about an in and under midfielder with quality. He has been out for a few weeks and it also depends on his wishes, if they Saints win the flag, opportunity he gets, salary cap etc

Just a thought

One or two of these options gives us scope to improve immeasurably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delist

Bentick
Fisher
Hartlett
Bannister
Wiggins
Pfeiffer
Edwards
Bentley

Trade

Grigg ( Melb? )
O'Hailpin ( Syd?)
Hampson ( Hawthorn? )
Anderson (Bris?)
Yarran ( WCE? )
Betts ( Bulldogs?)
Browne ( Freo?)
Jacobs ( Port? )
Cloke ( Richmond?)

CFC should take some risks this draft and unload some players that clubs would be interested in order to recruit some players that they can look to help improve the side .
Nup!
From the "main list" we need to "delist/trade"
BANNISTER
BENTICK
WIGGINS
FISHER
From the "rookie list" we need to "delist"
BENTLEY
ELLARD
HILL
(Maybe Pfeiffer)
From the "rookie list" we need to promote
JACOBS
JOSEPH
GARTLETT
We keep Hartlett, Edwards etc as I am hoping "Hartlett" will have a good year in 2010. He seems to have finally got past being continually injured and if he has a full pre season we just might have the big strong CHB or CHF we so desperately need.

Delist

Bentick
Fisher
Hartlett
Bannister
Wiggins
Pfeiffer
Edwards
Bentley

Trade

Grigg, O'Hailpin, Anderson, Browne, Jacobs, Cloke, Fisher, Wiggins and really any of the above.

Griggand fisher combined might draw something if we are looking to grab a good player.

We are in a position to grab some mature aged players.

Is it school holidays already ???

Wiggo shows more heart than half the players on our list..his courage and marking ability is unquestionable ...unlike your intelligence.

could be offered up for trade

Fisher
Grigg
Walker
Bentick

delist
Pheifer, Bentley, Edwards, and probably Hartlett.

Ellard needs to be retained as he has torn it up in the VFL all year with no reward.

could be offered up for trade

Fisher
Grigg
Walker
Bentick

delist
Pheifer, Bentley, Edwards, and probably Hartlett.

Ellard needs to be retained as he has torn it up in the VFL all year with no reward.

Agree with all of that, realistically Grigg and Walker are probably the only 2 we could get a decent trade out of.

Shame really, but given this is the last uncomplicated draft,
suggest we bite the bullet now, as we have a number of similar types,
who have gone ahead of them.

armfield is a deadset hack that should not be wearing that jumper.

How dare you come in here and sprout shit like this.

A truly misinformed and erroneous observation.

Army has been in great form this year. His run, aggression and dash have been invaluable, and his disposal is much better than last year, and improving at a great rate of knots. I love the way he goes about his footy.

He was our best defender on Saturday night. I back him to shut down the small forwards of the game any day of the week, and to have the courage (and positioning) to drift in front of the taller blokes when required.

A valuable piece of our defensive setup. Needs a haircut though.

How you could even contemplate delisting him is beyond me. Its an insult to Armfield, an insult to the Club and an insult to intelligence generally.

Jacobs and second round pick to Port for Boak.

Thats like Port offering us Ebert and a second rounder for Gibbs.

Lets get a little real here. If Boak was up for trade it would take a minimum of a 1st round pick to get done. And then some.

We offer up for trade the following hacks/players:

Fisher (Sydney/ Dogs?)
Cloke (Dogs?)
Hartlett (Port?)
Wiggins (Beats me!)

Would be happy with a late third rounder/ fourth rounder for any of the above.

We Delist:

Pfieffer
Bentick
Bannister
Hartlett (if a trade cant be arranged)

We then on-trade:

A third rounder/ fourth rounder hopefully aquired above via trade (or Fisher + third/ fourth rounder) to the Swans for B. Hall.

We need Hall. Performance based contract with immediate termination clause should he have another brain snap.

End result = no more triple teaming Fev. Fev kicks mor goals. Plus a proven backup for should Fev go down with injury. Heck, Hall is worth 50 goals to us as a CHF off his own boot. We'd get 2 years from him while we develop a KPF drafted with 1st round pick.

Imagine Yarran, Betts and Jeffrey roving off Kruezer + Fev + Hall? Drool...

MC - make it happen.

We also offer our second rounder to Freo for Tarrant, Hawks for Thorp and offer Browne + Second rounder to WCE for McKinley. Take the first one that says yes if there is any interest from either of those three clubs.

We'd get 2 good years out of Tarrant as a Key defender while Bower and co continue to develop. Also allows us to move Waite up forward when (or if) needed.

McKinley speaks for himself. As a second/ third tall he would be invaluable.

Thorp (if injury free - and I would only do it if he was medically cleared) is a early first round KPF from a few years ago. Constant injury has lowered his value somewhat. Will never get a game as a forward at the Hawks due to Roughy/ Buddy. Has been injured and regularly played out of position in the VFL (as a defender) despite his entire junior career being a gun forward. Has huge wraps and a massive attitude problem... So sounds like an ideal potential replacement for Fev.

We retain our 1st rounder for a young potential KPF. Should also have a late third round pick (or two or three if we can engineer one or more of the above trades).

Consider Robbo in the PSD at minimum wage. Probably not draft him however.

Delist

Bentick - yes
Hartlett - yes
Bannister - yes
Wiggins - No required as back up
Pfeiffer - yes
Edwards - yes
Bentley - yes

Trade

Grigg - No
O'Hailpin - If possible
Hampson - yes
Anderson - If possible
Yarran - No
Betts - No
Browne - Yes to slow and small
Jacobs - No required as back up
Cloke - yes if possible
Houlihan - trade If possible
Fisher - trade if possible

I think you've gone a smidge hard AVCO - These are my thoughts.

Delist

Bentick
Fisher
Hartlett
Bannister
Wiggins
Pfeiffer
Edwards
Bentley

Trade

Grigg ( Melb? )
O'Hailpin ( Syd?)
Hampson ( Hawthorn? )
Anderson (Bris?)
Yarran ( WCE? )
Betts ( Bulldogs?)
Browne ( Freo?)
Jacobs ( Port? )
Cloke ( Richmond?)

I have no issue with any of those... excellent identification

Lets add Walker for christ sake his kicking is not even close to AFL standard, eveytime he gets the ball i cringe.

Russell is also tradebale as his market value may have risen.

Has huge wraps and a massive attitude problem...

Has huge wraps on himself. Please don't under estimate how bad this attitude problem is, it's not improving either. He's not a team player, he's not disciplined and his body was wrecked before he even went to the hawks, and has only gotten worse. I cringe every time i read a blues supporter saying we should get him, is the last person in the league we need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delist / Trade Thread ...Have your say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back