Delisted Free Agents - Are We Interested

Remove this Banner Ad

How are we going to recruit one of these Delisted Free Agents? We would have to delist 4 current players to get one. It seems that we are struggling to delist 3 players so we can take the minimum 3 picks in the draft.

Hawks already got the best of them today when they signed Gillies. Nothing much else appeals to me except maybe Cook.

I know they signed Jonathan Simpkin, but where did you read / hear that they had signed Gillies?
Yep...... der me! I did actually mean Simpkin. I was reading about Gillies elsewhere and had his name stuck in my head.:oops:

If Josh Toy wasnt offered a contract (which he was), does everyone reckon the club would have been interested given the things that have come out regarding his heart, etc? If he passes through to us in the psd would he be worth it?

Dunno about poor mans broughton, but did forget the whole reason he is being delisted in due to wanting to go home haha, duhh

I would like Freo to take one of the above , but Im worried they only want new KPP. Seems weird , no bites on them , but hey Im not a recruiter.

no sure where Gram sits with respect 2 when he will be available, but of the delisted players he seems a class above (onfield). Perhaps being in another state from his alleged victim would help her? Will there be parole issues?
the guy was close to winning a Norm Smith not long ago & like Danyle Pearce would not be tagged at Freo. His ball winning ability & line breaking would be handy.
Don't remember how he went this year. Is he past it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no sure where Gram sits with respect 2 when he will be available, but of the delisted players he seems a class above (onfield). Perhaps being in another state from his alleged victim would help her? Will there be parole issues?
the guy was close to winning a Norm Smith not long ago & like Danyle Pearce would not be tagged at Freo. His ball winning ability & line breaking would be handy.
Don't remember how he went this year. Is he past it?
No thanks. He's a ****** off the field plus he's 27? and that would be taking up the spot of a player we could get in the 20-24 range.

BRISBANE LIONS
Bryce Retzlaff
CARLTON
Paul Bower
ESSENDON
Sam Lonergan
Kyle Reimers
MELBOURNE
Ricky Petterd
NORTH MELBOURNE
Cruize Garlett (rejected a contract offer from North Melbourne)
PORT ADELAIDE
Jacob Surjan
Those are the ones i would like to see us at least have a conversation with and if they are still there when the time comes invite to come and train with us.

I'd be interested in possibly Retzlaff, Garlett and Pettered as rookies. And possibly with our last 3 picks in the draft maybe Bower, Gilles, Surjan or maybe even Sherman (midfield depth) or Steven Salopek (midfield depth)

Just a quick question on how the draft will work. I know that we have to make atleast 3 selections in the draft. Currently we are able to do that with Van Berlo, Grover and Broughton all off the main list. However with Pearce and Spurr being upgraded the automatically get used as 2 selections as uprgarded rookies. We have also picked up Daniel Pearce in the Free Agency. So we have technically already replaced the 3 players we lost. Do we still have to delist one more player so we can pick up joe juggs and C.Pearce and Spurr as our 3 picks in the draft?

If we do delist anymore I'm saying it will be Anthony and Roberton. Can't see anyone other than those two leaving.

If we do delist anymore I'm saying it will be Anthony and Roberton. Can't see anyone other than those two leaving.

I can see Crichton (not sure about spelling) being delisted and I kinda hope he is... Hasn't shown anything in three years. Faulks is the other who is on thin ice. Me thinks it will be those two before Roberton

I can see Crichton (not sure about spelling) being delisted and I kinda hope he is... Hasn't shown anything in three years. Faulks is the other who is on thin ice. Me thinks it will be those two before Roberton
Yes forgot about those two. Crichton has shown glimpses but failed to turn that into some consistency. I'd still think Faulks is worth keeping for the season. Looked pretty good toward the end of 2011 until he got that sickening injury against the pies I think.

So are we only able to draft 1 new player?

Yes forgot about those two. Crichton has shown glimpses but failed to turn that into some consistency. I'd still think Faulks is worth keeping for the season. Looked pretty good toward the end of 2011 until he got that sickening injury against the pies I think.

So are we only able to draft 1 new player?
Rumours are that JA has or will quit
Roberton and Ibbotson have been offered contracts but no news that they have been signed
Faulks back training at Fremantle oval
Crichton reportedly hopeful of a new contract but unlikely I would think

Freo will definitely go 3 deep in draft (17, 37, 40). Therefore my guess is that the outs will most likely be 1. Crichton, 2. JA, 3. Roberton/Faulks (one will stay).

The only chance for PSD pick will be if Ibbotson is off in the PSD himself to some other club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted Free Agents - Are We Interested

Remove this Banner Ad

Back