List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this meant to be bait?

Masten has become the epitome of the player that is more than willing to sacrifice their individual game for the betterment of the team. It was his transition into becoming an aerobic sweeper, coming in off the wing that enabled the team to jettison the spare in defence and ultimately pave the way for our premiership this year. You don't maintain a successful culture by binning those players at the first opportunity.

Additionally what makes you think Masten would even consider, let alone agree to being traded across the continent? He's just won a premiership after 11 years at the club and has a very young family. I expect he will take a significant pay cut in his next contract anyway.

Do you think we should have moved Schofield on before this season? Depth that bleeds for the club is one of the major stories of our triumphant season.

If you want to free up salary cap space, look no further than Naitanui and Kennedy going to performance-based contracts next year.

You mention Hawthorn; how then do you explain Burgoyne - he'll be 36 next season. If the player is capable of performing their role to standard they stay. Otherwise you end up like Carlton or North (or until more recently the Demons).

Finally, there is ZERO chance of Gold Coast relocating - especially to Darwin.

We've been down this road before, every few years an investigation is done and it dies very quickly once people realise Darwin has half the population of Hobart. AFLNT would be better off trying to get a team into the WAFL or SANFL as a first step to launch from later on.

I tend to take the content of your posts lightly, but this effort is poor by even your standards.
Your point on our culture is spot on. Such things are fragile.

Marlon Pickett. Where will he go in the National Draft? How could we trade for a pick to get him.

Imagine Gaff stayed, we get Kelly & Pickett.. oh boy woweee

Every time i saw rotham play for east perth this season he was playing kpd . He did get pushed off the ball alot but with another pre season hopefully be better off . Rotham is much more like schofield as a rangy backman with leg speed than barrass who is a man mountain traditional key back
After another preseason rotham will still be skinnier than manute bol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Every time i saw rotham play for east perth this season he was playing kpd . He did get pushed off the ball alot but with another pre season hopefully be better off . Rotham is much more like schofield as a rangy backman with leg speed than barrass who is a man mountain traditional key back
I’d still like to see Rotham trialled on a wing. More the Geoff Raines mould.

To be fair to hungrytiger GCS has openly said they would consider recruiting players from other teams who actually nominate them and want to be there.

That being said, it's not as if you can snap your fingers. Marsdens entire career has been based out of Perth and i'd find it highly unlikely he'd want to move.

Also the fact that GCS might not even want him, given he'll be 30 next season and they've just made Barlow rot in their reserves team all year.

For all of the love he's getting, personally i think he dropped off in the 2nd half of the year.

Statistically speaking, this was his lowest disposal av return since 2011, and equal career lowest return for av tackles. Improved in some areas and won some respect, but the same Marsden is obviously still there. Let him see out the rest of his contract and reassess in 12 months time.

:shrug: Blayne Wilson

Trade week is Monday you flog. Its professional sport stop being such a cupcake.
If Gaff stays and Kelly comes where does Masten play all year? In the WAFL..Hes 30 next season. He would be best to move to a club like that now to extend his career. Stop being dumb jerks.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-06/territory-explores-potential-bid-for-afl-team

HERE GOES THE GOLD COAST RELOCATION. SO MASTO CAN LIVE IN Darwin.

Look what Hawthorn did Mitchell, Lewis etc. You gotta be ruthless if you want a dynasty folks..I dont want 1 premiership. I want sustained success. I dont accept once off or mediocrity. That why i chose this team. I bet some of you cupcakes cried when Rosa was traded to the Gold Coast.

Firstly, Rosa left because he had a bit of a sook over the GF and Jetta got traded in.

Second, Masten loves the club and will never ask for a trade (especially 2 games off 200)

Third, Hawthorn still suck after they traded Mitchell and Lewis, and only snuck into top 4 on a soft draw and got knocked out in straight sets. There dynasty was setup a decade ago from a few awesome drafts.

GWS took Mzungu and DeBoer. GC took Rosa so why wont they take a 30 yr old whos on 500k so we can create some salary cap space for Kelly and Lobb.

Have you seen who Gold Coast are losing. Im sure Masten would help them train hard at least and add a senior head to them whilst getting a 3 yr deal because hes done at West Coast when Gaff and Kelly have to be added into the team.

And id like to think when a midfielder gets injured next season we have AhChee, Hamish Brayshaw and Ainsworth at least to come in. Maybe Matt Allen too if hes not traded.
You are dumb as :poodle::poo:

When you are in a premiership window as we are one of the downsides to this is your young up and coming depth can get lost in it all.
Injuries pending I can’t see the likes of Allen, Brander, Waterman playing much senior footy with us the next year or two.
The problem becomes if they want to sit out time and wait for their chance or possibly explore playing at a club they can get a game for.
Now it’s probably one year to early to worry about this but all strong clubs go through this and their young recruits can get itchy feet.
You can bet in time the club will do its due diligence and no matter what draft pick they have used to recruit a player they will do the right thing by the player and the club.
The bottom line is when in a window no player is off limits to discuss there pathway with in regards to staying in your clubs window. Anything is possible.

View attachment 569581 “Not only has his Mrs quit her job, she’s taken up another in Victoria already”.....
The bit about his Mrs is definitely not true. My other half works on the teachers registration board and has been keeping an eye out for her to apply to the Vic board. She hasn’t.

When you are in a premiership window as we are one of the downsides to this is your young up and coming depth can get lost in it all.
Injuries pending I can’t see the likes of Allen, Brander, Waterman playing much senior footy with us the next year or two.
The problem becomes if they want to sit out time and wait for their chance or possibly explore playing at a club they can get a game for.
Now it’s probably one year to early to worry about this but all strong clubs go through this and their young recruits can get itchy feet.
You can bet in time the club will do its due diligence and no matter what draft pick they have used to recruit a player they will do the right thing by the player and the club.
The bottom line is when in a window no player is off limits to discuss there pathway with in regards to staying in your clubs window. Anything is possible.
That is just another reason that strong camaraderie is imperative within the whole squad/cub. Players even signing for less than they could get at another club. Gaff perhaps ? But as others have said, I will wait till he either signs or says he is going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all of the love he's getting, personally i think he dropped off in the 2nd half of the year.

Statistically speaking, this was his lowest disposal av return since 2011, and equal career lowest return for av tackles. Improved in some areas and won some respect, but the same Marsden is obviously still there. Let him see out the rest of his contract and reassess in 12 months time.

Good post - I acknowledge his role this year, and without looking at stats, ................I too 'noticed' his output seemed to diminish as the season wore on. Made me wonder if the week after week long distances ran wore him down. It may be he has the capacity to run long distances for part, but not all, of the season.

IIRC later in the season guys like Rioli, Hutch et al were clocking up more kms than Masten.

Good post - I acknowledge his role this year, and without looking at stats, ................I too 'noticed' his output seemed to diminish as the season wore on. Made me wonder if the week after week long distances ran wore him down. It may be he has the capacity to run long distances for part, but not all, of the season.

IIRC later in the season guys like Rioli, Hutch et al were clocking up more kms than Masten.
He also spent more time in the defensive half in the second part of the season. (3rd behind Hurn and Shep for Rebounds out of Defense)
Most probably to shore up the defense when we had a range of injuries affect our scoring opportunities.
Had a DE of 80% (3rd in Club)
Inside 50 tally of 58 for season (same tally as Rebounds from defensive 50)
Was forth in club for goal assists.
Still had a very good year and ended up sixth in the club in the possession tally.

Last edited:
Not to get too into it, but Brander isn’t going to be ready for many games next year, but we could easily give him some when want to rest JK, which will happen.

Allen is flexible and can play a range of positions forward and back so will find games for him as well.

Waterman. I have doubts he’s going to be overly valuable long term so not necessarily a priority to feed games into.

Not to get too into it, but Brander isn’t going to be ready for many games next year, but we could easily give him some when want to rest JK, which will happen.

Allen is flexible and can play a range of positions forward and back so will find games for him as well.

Waterman. I have doubts he’s going to be overly valuable long term so not necessarily a priority to feed games into.
Really? I thought for a 20 yo kid he showed some very good signs. Possible future wingman ?

Really? I thought for a 20 yo kid he showed some very good signs. Possible future wingman ?
What’s his highest possession counts? Had one of 20 at afl level. Have higher numbers at wafl level? Not sure he translates to a wingman full time

Don’t think he’s bad, but don’t think he’s going to be the difference maker the other two will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back