List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade week is Monday you flog. Its professional sport stop being such a cupcake.
If Gaff stays and Kelly comes where does Masten play all year? In the WAFL..Hes 30 next season. He would be best to move to a club like that now to extend his career. Stop being dumb jerks.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-06/territory-explores-potential-bid-for-afl-team

HERE GOES THE GOLD COAST RELOCATION. SO MASTO CAN LIVE IN Darwin.

Look what Hawthorn did Mitchell, Lewis etc. You gotta be ruthless if you want a dynasty folks..I dont want 1 premiership. I want sustained success. I dont accept once off or mediocrity. That why i chose this team. I bet some of you cupcakes cried when Rosa was traded to the Gold Coast.

Last edited:

You’re the worst.

No im smart and have a good memory. Last year Masten was luckily not traded and even in Round 1. So dont be a sooky la la. Gaff stays there is Masten gone. Then add Kelly well that says Lecras has to go.
Logical mate..Get ya head out of the books and start being logical.

Hurn Barrass Shep
Duggan Gov Jetta
Gaff Yeo Kelly
Ryan JD Venables
Rioli JK Cripps

Lobb Shuey Hutch

Vardy Sheed Redden Cole..

Where are you fitting Masten?

You arent dropping Venables now. Hes building. We have to slowly move old blokes out as we have a few around 30 now.. Cant have them all go at once.

No im smart and have a good memory. Last year Masten was luckily not traded and even in Round 1. So dont be a sooky la la. Gaff stays there is Masten gone. Then add Kelly well that says Lecras has to go.
Logical mate..Get ya head out of the books and start being logical.

Hurn Barrass Shep
Duggan Gov Jetta
Gaff Yeo Kelly
Ryan JD Venables
Rioli JK Cripps

Lobb Shuey Hutch

Vardy Sheed Redden Cole..

Where are you fitting Masten?

You arent dropping Venables now. Hes building. We have to slowly move old blokes out as we have a few around 30 now.. Cant have them all go at once.
You do realise trading is a two way street? You don't even need to be smart to know that.
West Coast can't just choose to offload players to another club just because it suits them.

You do realise trading is a two way street? You don't even need to be smart to know that.
West Coast can't just choose to offload players to another club just because it suits them.

WC: “Hey GC, take Masten”
GC: “No thanks m8”
WC: “Ummmm....can someone ask Hungry Tiger for plan B, he’s so smart”

GWS took Mzungu and DeBoer. GC took Rosa so why wont they take a 30 yr old whos on 500k so we can create some salary cap space for Kelly and Lobb.

Have you seen who Gold Coast are losing. Im sure Masten would help them train hard at least and add a senior head to them whilst getting a 3 yr deal because hes done at West Coast when Gaff and Kelly have to be added into the team.

And id like to think when a midfielder gets injured next season we have AhChee, Hamish Brayshaw and Ainsworth at least to come in. Maybe Matt Allen too if hes not traded.

GWS took Mzungu and Deboer. GC took Rosa so why wont they take a 30 yr old whos on 500k so we can create some salary cap space for Kelly and Lobb.

Have you seen who Gold Coast are losing. Im sure Masten would help them train hard at least and add a senior head to them whilst getting a 3 yr deal because hes done at West Coast when Gaff and Kelly have to be added into the team.

And id like to think when a midfielder gets injured next season we have AhChee, Hamish Brayshaw and Ainsworth at least to come in. Maybe Matt Allen too if hes not traded.
Ah the old argument of “X player is shit but other clubs will want him”.

I do have a chuckle when I see it every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS took Mzungu and DeBoer. GC took Rosa so why wont they take a 30 yr old whos on 500k so we can create some salary cap space for Kelly and Lobb.

So Masto while still under a contract, wife, kid, family, flag, just gets told he is being traded to Gold Coast?

When has this ever happened for you to ever think it will?

Trade week is Monday you flog. Its professional sport stop being such a cupcake.
If Gaff stays and Kelly comes where does Masten play all year? In the WAFL..Hes 30 next season. He would be best to move to a club like that now to extend his career. Stop being dumb jerks.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-06/territory-explores-potential-bid-for-afl-team

Look what Hawthorn did Mitchell, Lewis etc. You gotta be ruthless if you want a dynasty folks..I dont want 1 premiership. I want sustained success. I dont accept once off or mediocrity. That why i chose this team. I bet some of you cupcakes cried when Rosa was traded to the Gold Coast.

Is this meant to be bait?

Masten has become the epitome of the player that is more than willing to sacrifice their individual game for the betterment of the team. It was his transition into becoming an aerobic sweeper, coming in off the wing that enabled the team to jettison the spare in defence and ultimately pave the way for our premiership this year. You don't maintain a successful culture by binning those players at the first opportunity.

Additionally what makes you think Masten would even consider, let alone agree to being traded across the continent? He's just won a premiership after 11 years at the club and has a very young family. I expect he will take a significant pay cut in his next contract anyway.

Do you think we should have moved Schofield on before this season? Depth that bleeds for the club is one of the major stories of our triumphant season.

If you want to free up salary cap space, look no further than Naitanui and Kennedy going to performance-based contracts next year.

You mention Hawthorn; how then do you explain Burgoyne - he'll be 36 next season. If the player is capable of performing their role to standard they stay. Otherwise you end up like Carlton or North (or until more recently the Demons).

Finally, there is ZERO chance of Gold Coast relocating - especially to Darwin.

We've been down this road before, every few years an investigation is done and it dies very quickly once people realise Darwin has half the population of Hobart. AFLNT would be better off trying to get a team into the WAFL or SANFL as a first step to launch from later on.

I tend to take the content of your posts lightly, but this effort is poor by even your standards.

uhhhhhhhh

Have another look at the draft, son
Ryan went at 26.. lol

If you were paying attention during the preseason, you would be aware of the obvious joke in this.

(For those that can't recall, throughout JLT and Rounds 1-2, Victorian commentary kept repeating that Ryan was taken at 12).

How did that work out for the hawks? What dynasty happened after handing us mitchel for free?

They originally had no intention of ditching Lewis btw. He left the club because he didn’t want a one year deal on shit money

If you were paying attention during the preseason, you would be aware of the obvious joke in this.

(For those that can't recall, throughout JLT and Rounds 1-2, Victorian commentary kept repeating that Ryan was taken at 12).
Look, my memory has deleted anything that has ever happened before the 2018 GF, let alone BigFooty memes, so you gotta cut me some slack.

No im smart and have a good memory. Last year Masten was luckily not traded and even in Round 1. So dont be a sooky la la. Gaff stays there is Masten gone..

Ah yes, Masten was lucky to not be traded just like he was lucky to play 24 out of 26 games with the 2018 Premiers. Of course in no world could Masten and Gaff play alongside each other, just the 18 times last season that worked for us.

Trade him to the Darwin Suns is up there with “I’m not dropping Masten this week but he is due for a rest so he’ll go out”.

Reckon I could safely say that Masto would rather retire and play WAFL than move to the GC. He’s not leaving a city he’s lived his whole life in, with a young family and all his mates to play 1-2 seasons max for a shithouse club

I get the enthusiasm of this board, but this is really the dribble part of the season for many posters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

may have been, i remember him not being happy about game time and wanting to leave

He saw the writing on the wall, saw that there were a lot of young players coming through and he would be holding them back by taking up spots they should have.

So he left for GC. Ultimate team man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back