List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lots of people calling for us to trade our future first as part of the Kelly trade. I don't believe we can do that because we traded our future 4th in the Hickey trade.

Rules appear to be that you can trade your future first, or future picks in other rounds, but not both.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Lots of people calling for us to trade our future first as part of the Kelly trade. I don't believe we can do that because we traded our future 4th in the Hickey trade.

Rules appear to be that you can trade your future first, or future picks in other rounds, but not both.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought the same but its okay because it was a swap not a trade out. We still have a future 4th.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The AFL's applied that rule pretty loosely in the past - generally if you trade in other future picks it's ok.

We've still got a fourth-round pick (St Kilda's) so we should still be able to trade our first-rounder.

Good luck finding an official ruling on it though.

Someone on twitter (herp) claiming we had the okay on trading 20 and 22 with Sydney for 13 but when we told Geelong they refused to accept.

I personally would prefer two early 20s (or a 20 and future first) to a pick 13 if I were Geelong so that could be why that avenue failed.

Bit hard considering Sydney don't have 13 anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt we need a cheapie spare ruck, as we have fragile stocks. I think Kelly becomes a greater priority with the rule changes. The ability to open sides up with fast ball movement from a kick in or a 50 metre penalty is going to increase.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Didn't we trade our 2018 third round pick for Ah Chee (may be his sponsor will be able to verify this for us :)) and then 2018 first to GCS last year? I think if you trade your future first round pick first then you cannot trade any of the other future picks in subsequent trades - probably why we got the Ah Chee deal done first before the GCS trade.

Last edited:
I'd say zero chance Hawks trade Burton.

Perhaps but I thought we had zero chance at Sam Mitchell two years ago.

Hawks and Clarko are ruthless at cutting whenever they need to. If someone like Chad Wingard says they want to come to your club you get it done.

I do like the Essendon fans saying they prefer Dylan Shiel, though. A couple of GWS players move there and suddenly it's talk of premierships and dynasties.

Perhaps but I thought we had zero chance at Sam Mitchell two years ago.

Hawks and Clarko are ruthless at cutting whenever they need to. If someone like Chad Wingard says they want to come to your club you get it done.

I do like the Essendon fans saying they prefer Dylan Shiel, though. A couple of GWS players move there and suddenly it's talk of premierships and dynasties.

Mitchell was at the end of his career, not really comparable.

Wingard is also extremely overrated. I wouldn't touch him.

I'd say zero chance Hawks trade Burton.
Sounds like they are considering it, they have no draft picks so they gotta give Port something. Burton is from South Australia too

I wouldnt ditch him though

Mitchell was at the end of his career, not really comparable.

Wingard is also extremely overrated. I wouldn't touch him.

Really? Overrated, perhaps, but definitely vast amounts of talent. If it was a choice between Tim Kelly and Chad Wingard for example I would not hesitate to choose the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back